1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Senior Gamers!

We are a community for mature gamers who primarily play online games on PlayStation consoles (PS4, PS3, PS Vita). You can find out more in our About Us section.

If you are new to the site, why not register? By doing so and being an active member you can view the site without adverts, make posts and more. You can register here and even do so using Facebook, Twitter or Google+!

Multi Medal Of Honor Warfighter

Discussion in 'Shooting & Action Adventure' started by Slaine, 17 Jul 2012.

1. Slaine

Slaine Serious Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Torquemada

This just looks fantastic. I liked the last one, even though it wasnt that popular. And a purchase of this guarantees you beta access to BF4. :o

2. shadstah

shadstah Semi-Regular Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Shadstah
    Yeah, but, If the BF3 beta Is anything to go buy I wouldn't write home about it too much :lol: needless to say I shall be buying it :D

3. HERMAN_JELMET

HERMAN_JELMET Meatbag
    Staff Member Senior Citizen

PSN:
    HERMAN_JELMET
    Made the mistake of getting the first one, It's like a poor man's Battlefield.

4. Jkrohn1

Jkrohn1 5P4M 80T
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    JKrohn1
    I enjoyed the first one, was like a tester for BF3 I think. Great single player much better then BF3 &, MW3. Had this on order for ages, even before the bf4 beta stuff :)

5. Acegadgets

Acegadgets Not so serious gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Acegadgets
    I,ll be getting it , I liked medal of honour but got it late and no friends had it anymore

6. Jkrohn1

Jkrohn1 5P4M 80T
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    JKrohn1
    If it's anything like the first it will be great, I got the bf3 beta with MoH and now BF4 with MoHW :lol:

7. Acegadgets

Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Acegadgets
    Cant vate teel octoba tventy seex.

8. Jkrohn1

Jkrohn1 5P4M 80T
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    JKrohn1
    ^Can't wait till October 26th

9. Slaine

Slaine Serious Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Torquemada
    This game is looking better and better, but I had to share this with you....

Now its not the fact its day 1 DLC thats pissing me off here, its that I just think this is sailing a bit close to the wind, as its based on a real person and is trivialising his death. Dont get me wrong, he was an evil sack of shit who promoted violence against the West; he who lives by the sword dies by the sword. As for if he was the mastermind behind 9/11 or a convenient scapegoat who was demonised by the US so they had a focus for their hatred and rage, I'll leave that for you to decide. Now Im not going to enter in to a debate about the rights and wrongs of killing someone, my beef here is that the mans been dead, what a year, and already hes posthumously appearing in a computer game. Doesnt the bloke deserve any dignity in death? Probably not, but his kids dont deserve to see that everyone around the world can enjoy killing their dad in a upcoming poxy computer game.

Would I be this reasonable if one of my family was killed in 9/11? Course I wouldnt, but it would be the rage talking.

Still wont stop me getting the game, but I dont think I'll bother the DLC.

10. yinkin

yinkin Serious Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    yinkin
    It is a fine line to tread, you could say the same about depictions of Hitler in games, or stalin (thinking Command an conquer here), or maybe Napolean, Alexander the great etc. At what point does a person become historical enough to be depicted in a videogame. I`m not saying its right, I think it is in poor taste, but I think it is an interesting case.

11. Acegadgets

Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Acegadgets
    Interesting post Slaine. As many of you may have noticed, the Americans arent my favorite nationality. I dont like the way their government think they are the world police and the way many of thier inhabitantss think they are the masters of the world. Its no wonder that so many impoverished people in the third world who have nothing rise up and fight against them.
    Unfortunetly so many of us suffer because of these "terrorists" and Bin Laden had to be executed to try to bring this to an end . He was the leader of the most active terrorist group in the world. When the twin towers was destroyed was it a coincidence that the world plunged into a rececession that has effcted us all? Governments are spending billions on fighting and preventing terrorism, someone has to pay for that.
    Every day soldiers and "freedom fighters " die on both sides. Perhaps now that he has gone, the Americans can try to negotiate a peaceful solution with the rest of these terrorists. Negotiation with Bin Laden could never have happened. In my opinion, the best way would be to try to give the citizens of these impoverished nations something to live for. Instead of spending billions trying top suppress them, spend a few more million trying to help thier economies. For example give the farmers crops to grow and buy the produce from them at a fair price so they dont have to resort to growing opium, which the terroists are funded from. Give these people a decent life and the likes of next Bin Laden may nevr emerge. We also need to try to educate the citizens of the west, that all Muslims arent terrorists.
    Perhaps this game isnt going to help that notion, it all depends how its depicted. We'll see when it comes out i suppose.

12. Acegadgets

Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Acegadgets
    The videos for the game are coming out thick and fast now, on the EA site.
    http://www.medalofhonor.com/video

I'm getting a bit excited by it all. Only 3 weeks to go.

13. Slaine

Slaine Serious Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Torquemada
    Apparently noones received their copy of the game to review it, and bearing in mind its out on 26th thats lead to speculation that EA havent got much faith in it either. Metacritic havent got one review posted.

I played the beta and I quite liked it. Beta code (and demos) is traditionally always out of date and running on an old and obselete version, but it was still quite good and playable in this format. No idea what the singleplayer is like, but isnt the stumbling block with FPS games the multiplayer and not the singleplayer?!?!?*

Anyway, you have been warned!!

*BF3 being the exception to the rule. I liked the singleplayer, but I have to admit the multiplayer is by far the better part of the game.

14. Acegadgets

Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Acegadgets
    Still waiting for mine to be dispatched. Unfortunetly for me Friday and Saturdays are busy at work with not much spare gaming time during the day. Midweek , got loads of spare time. We should start a petition to get games released on a Tuesday same as in the US.

15. HERMAN_JELMET

HERMAN_JELMET Meatbag
    Staff Member Senior Citizen

PSN:
    HERMAN_JELMET
    Word on t'internet Is 'It's shit'

16. Acegadgets

Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Acegadgets
    From T'internet
    Bad reviews don't mean to say its a bad game. I remember Crisis 2 getting poor reviews as did Dirt Showdown, but they are two of the best games that i've played this year. Socom was shite at first, after a few patches it was a decent game.
    Admmitedly If I hadn't pre ordererd Warfighter then I probably wouldn't be rushing out to buy it just yet and I'm hoping that this fiasco will put off a lot of the usual COD kids from buying it. As many are aware, I have a few problems playing Battlfield online, so i'm hoping that I can find a FPS that i'm not hopeless at, that works well on my poor internet connection. MOH 2010 was a game I liked and wasnt too bad at, so perhaps this will be similar for me.

17. yinkin

yinkin Serious Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    yinkin
    Does the world really need another lacklustre COD clone modern day shooter? The ship has sailed for easy money on modern day shooters, unless a game has something radically different and is AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA+ quality then quite frankly why would anyone buy it over BF3, or COD

18. Slaine

Slaine Serious Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Torquemada
    Strange that some of these websites that have given their reviews have some of their own members slate their review saying theyve been too harsh. Noones saying its a 10 out 10 game, but plenty are saying the singleplayer is fantastic.

Ace post up here your thoughts on it.

19. Jkrohn1

Jkrohn1 5P4M 80T
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    JKrohn1
    I played MoH 2010 which was slated and got bad reviews, I loved it, it had good gameplay off and online. It seemed to be a step from frostbite to frostbite 2 and did feel like a bit if a tester for BF3. Sadly the game was very underrated and I know a few people on here played it late on and like it. I feel this game will be the same. Idiots that compare games to others in reviews have no writing charisma so they have to liken it to something similar. Every review has the word CoD in, which everyone seems to think is a game which has no competition. If a game has gun's its trying to be CoD. Would anyone compare Borderlands 2 to CoD I wouldn't put some muppets did in there reviews. Ok the beta wasn't the best and as it was on the 360 we don't know what the finished game will be like on the PS3. It's probably gonna flop due to bad reviews and the price will be £20 for Christmas.

Am I bothered not really, its in the post and i'll be playing it this weekend. If everyone liked the same shit life would be boring. I don't love KZ3 but I would play it and wouldn't give it a poor review as it's not for me, I also wouldn't compare it to CoD :lol:

20. LesTom1

LesTom1 Semi-Regular Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    LesTom1
    Horses for courses and all that. Played only a couple of campaign missions and a couple of MP matches. I love it, it's fantastic and personally all the bad reviews can go swivel ;)

Then again, I'm not a COD fanatic or even fan :lol: So possibly my opinion doesn't count when it comes to FPS's ;)