1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Senior Gamers!

We are a community for mature gamers who primarily play online games on PlayStation consoles (PS4, PS3, PS Vita). You can find out more in our About Us section.

If you are new to the site, why not register? By doing so and being an active member you can view the site without adverts, make posts and more. You can register here and even do so using Facebook, Twitter or Google+!

Lost again

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by MaccyC, 8 Jul 2012.

1. MaccyC

MaccyC Semi-Regular Gamer

PSN:
    MaccyC
    Wha....? OK who's changed the decor on the common room ?

I don't know, I doze off for a couple of hours and when I wake up the whole colour scheme has changed....

/me rubs my eyes

**everything snaps into focus**

Oh, ha ha ha, who's bright idea was it to wheel me over here ? Come on own up !

Ok, while I am waiting for the shop mobility cart to charge up I should really say a quick hello.

MaccyC reporting for Ally status, Sirs.

Gaming history:
    A Grandstand paddle thing with Tennis (blanent rip off of Pong) and a few other bat and ball (well line and square) games.
    Then progressed onto an Acorn Electron, attempted copying programs out of magazines and saving them to disc. An early lesson in patience waiting for tape games to load. The main game that sticks out in my mind was Elite with its dodgy docking computer and very early fustration of manual docking. Especially if a computer controlled ship launched just as you though you were in and safe.
    Sega megadrive took up way too many hours when I am sure I should have been revising. Sonic the hedgehog.
    Followed by a Super nintendo mainly for mario kart and the 2 or 4 player fun that caused.
    Unfortunately that was stolen out the back of my car when living in west London.

From then on its been Playstations all the way.

Stumbled into OAP a good few years ago, when trying to get the network adaptor working and a very kind pasty headed gentleman gave me a number of very helpful pointers.

Progressed from the PS2 on the PS3 with a launch model (albeit a little after the main rush ;) ) but when that died YLOD a little open PS3 surgery say my disc recovered and a trade in at our local game for my current slim ps3.

More recently I have been spreading myself all over battlefield 3 (as anyone who has joined me in a helicopter will vouch for) and still partaking in regular GT5 sessions (especially after watching the GP today) and the odd Killzone 3 game.

Gaming time recently has been reduced with interference from RL, but hopefully that will be rectified soon with a bit of a change in career path (something to do with people wanting lots of satellites) and no unfortunately I cannot lay my hands on an Evil orbiting laser death ray....... mores the pity.

Thats about it really.

/me waves and promptly falls asleep.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

2. Jkrohn1

Jkrohn1 5P4M 80T
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    JKrohn1
    Hey, maccy hows it going I haven't been on GT5 Sunday for a while, so long time no see. What games are you currently playing? Nice to see more familiar faces coming over for ally status :) See you online buddy

3. Spruijt

Spruijt Real men wear clogs
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Spruijt
    Hiya Maccy, nice to see you again. See you online mate

4. Martok

Martok Board Game Addict
    Staff Member Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Martok-
    Welcome to our new home, MaccyC. :wave:

You had an Acorn Electron! Why did you get one of those? Was that an education thing on the part of the good Mrs MaccyC? I had an Acorn RISC PC 600 which I got because of me using the Acorn Archimedes in the classroom with kids. What games did you have on yours? I had Doom and James Pond: Robocod.

We've missed you on KZ3 in recent weeks and hope to see you again soon when RL allows. It'll be good to catch up with you on BF3 too. Look out for our shiny new BF3 server, just search for Senior Gamers or SNR and bookmark it for your use.

I've known MaccyC for many years and we've met at several OAP annual meets. I still remember the first one in Glasgow and the bus tour of the city on the Saturday morning when we were all feeling a little worse for wear after the odd beer or three the night before. :sick: :lol:

Anyway it's an easy vouch from me for Ally status. :thumbup:

5. ColSonders

ColSonders A.W.O.L.

PSN:
    ColSonders
    My brother had an Acorn Electron when I had a Speccy48, pretty sure that was well before doom and robocod wasn't it?

Would love to see screenshots of those games on the Acorn Electron though :lol:

6. Martok

Martok Board Game Addict

PSN:
    Martok-
    Oops, my bad. I muddled up the Acorn Electron with the Acorn Archimedes 3010, don't know why. :oops:

[​IMG]
    Acorn Electron

[​IMG]
    Acorn Archimedes 3010

7. MaccyC

PSN:
    MaccyC
    I am sure I had Robocod, a sort of cross between inspector gadget and a fish. But wasn't that on the megadrive ?

Elite was the one with the vector (line) graphics and the glitches where you could see stars through objects.
    And just for Col,

The BBC version
    [​IMG]

Yes RL has a habit of getting in the way. I am suffering from that at the moment. both BF3 and GT5 have suffered due to RL commitments.

8. ColSonders

ColSonders A.W.O.L.

PSN:
    ColSonders
    I do recall my first experience of a first person shooter, which was on the Mega Drive
    [​IMG]

Awesome game that I played to death, eventually moving on to giving Doom a try on the Mega Drive 32x (which I didn't buy, but I rented one to give it a try). Playing Doom on the SNES after that on my brothers machine was pitiful, but shortly afterwards the PSX was released with promises of an authentic conversion of the original PC version of doom but with enhanced lighting...and there began my journey into competitive play on first person shooters as we played it on linked up PSX's.

9. Slaine

Slaine Serious Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Torquemada
    Hi Maccy, how are you doing!??!? :wave:

Cant give a big enough vouch from me. I too have known Maccy since the PS2 days.

Nice to see you over here Maccy, and hope to get a game with you soon. :thumbup:

10. ColSonders

ColSonders A.W.O.L.

PSN:
    ColSonders
    Oh yeah, defo a vouch from me.

I 'think' my first encounter of Maccy was on Ghost Recon 1 on the PS2, most of us OAP's of the time that played that game pretty much stuck to the co-op stuff, but if I recall correctly Maccy played it in VS mode and wasn't too shabby at it either.

11. Acegadgets

Acegadgets Not so serious gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Acegadgets
    Hi Maccy, we used to have some good races when we played GRID. I havent been on GT5 for a while, kind of gone off the game now, probably due to having to go to bed just about when Manes room has just kicked off.

12. HaloJ

HaloJ Serious Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    HaloJ
    Big vouch from me. Met Maccy a couple times and have gamed with him regularly on KZ/BF.

That's an interesting shot you found of Elite. I suspect that the player must have shot the space station for the police Viper to be there. Likely the other two craft Cobra Mk3 and Python in the distance are just traders caught up in the anarchistic fun. You might notice I played this game to death. :D

13. Martok

Martok Board Game Addict

PSN:
    Martok-
    Without further ado, it's time to green you up.

Welcome again, Maccy. Your diet membership is now active and you should see a bit more.

Please do pop over whenever you like, we'll always have a pot of tea and some biscuits ready and waiting for you.

See you online soon. :D

14. MaccyC

PSN:
    MaccyC
    Thank you kindly all.

Looking forward to getting back online soon. As soon as RL and parental duties allow.

15. HERMAN_JELMET

HERMAN_JELMET Meatbag

PSN:
    HERMAN_JELMET
    Alright Maccy,
    I had an Acorn Electron too, The first pic Martok posted :)

16. wilskywalker

wilskywalker Semi-Regular Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    wilskywalker
    Hey MaccyC!

Good to see you here buddy! :thumbup:

VOUCH!

17. Dogstar

Dogstar Regular Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Dogstar
    Welcome Maccy, glad to have you aboard matey.

It would have been a vouch from me but I was too slow :oops:

18. SHROUD

SHROUD Regular Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Shroud
    Nice to meet you Maccy, sure you'll play nice :D .

19. DarthRaiden666

DarthRaiden666 Warlock, Jedi, Sith... #66 PNMotorsport
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Darth_Raiden
    Is it GT5 time yet Maccy?

Hello mate ;)