• Welcome to Senior Gamers!

    Senior Gamers [SNR] is a community for mature gamers formed in 2012. We started as PlayStation gamers but now we are fully multi-platform with members also playing on PC, Xbox, Switch and other platforms.

    We used this website from June 2012 until March 2020. Technology moved on during this time and we have now moved to Discord. If you are familiar with it already you'll know how quick and easy it is to use. If you haven't tried it yet, you really should!

    You can browse this archived website to see what we posted over the years.

    You can join us on Discord to see what we've posted more recently and to chat. Click on the link below to find us. We hope to see you there!

    Senior Gamers Discord

Looking to join a community of gamers

g-downloader

Newbie Gamer
Joined
29 Nov 2014
Messages
18
Reaction score
11
Points
48
Hello internet people,

My name is Geert, 21 years young and born and raised in the Netherlands. I've been gaming as long as i can remember. My childhood memories consist of Spyro, Crash bandicoot (CTR) and Pokemon.

I've been a part of a different clan called Ceph as one of the founder, i had a great time there but the clan unfortunately fell apart (it's a long story), additionally that clan was Xbox oriented, and i purchased a PS4 due to the price and the scary Kinect stuff that was going on.

Now i'm enjoying any game that can keep my interest. Currently i'm playing DA: Inquisition, COD:AW (Although i didn't have a great time with that game due to connection issues) and Destiny.

Either way, i hope i can find some like minded individuals and some new people to have fun with.

Cheers,
Geert

P.S. My PSN ID is *sigh* g-downloader (i was twelve, don't judge)
 

Martok

Board Game Addict
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Joined
12 Mar 2012
Messages
5,212
Reaction score
3,216
Points
2,630
Welcome, @g-downloader :waving:

How did you find out about Senior Gamers? Was it through line of our other Dutch members?

Sorry to hear about your previous clan. Here we consider ourselves more of a community than a clan. We just game for fun and there's no pressure on how often you play or how good you are.

What are your thoughts about the PlayStation compared to XBox?

Do take a look at the About Us section and let us know in due course if you would like full or standard membership.

:)
 

g-downloader

Newbie Gamer
Joined
29 Nov 2014
Messages
18
Reaction score
11
Points
48
Thank you @Martok

I found out about Senior Gamers at the Playstation Forums, i haven't met any Dutch members of the SNR community as of yet.

Either way, the fact that you people consider yourselves more of a community makes it only better for me, i consider myself as moderately skilled at videogames, but i don't really care about that. If i do catch myself frustrated about my performance, i usually just quit and do something else.

I think Xbox has something about it that feels better for me in comparison with playstation. The Xbox feels like more of an all round experience rather than a very focused gaming console. Which can be both good and bad depending on what you look for in a system. I was looking for a gaming focused system since i have a PC right next to my PS4, and with 2 monitors, and i use my PC for any other entertainment purposes. Additionally the whole kinect thing never really sat well with me. If it works 80% of the time and it doesn't for the other 20%, you'll just be pissed 20% of the time instead of appreciated the other 80% (That's just an assumption though). And i've heard that the interface is still pretty bad, although i haven't got a hands on experience with the system yet. It sounds like Microsoft created a problem, which they then fixed with the introduction of the Kinect 2.0, which is really just bad UI design in my honest opinion.

Either way, recently the Xbox does look like a system i might be purchasing, but i think i'm gonna wait a bit longer to see the price drop and get a good bundle.

About the membership, i would like to apply for the full membership (extra mayo please). I did read the about us section and that i am going to have to work a bit harder for a full membership because of my age, and that's fair enough. As long as i can get along with the people here i'll be happy.
 

Sportsvee

Has a Fan....
Senior Citizen
Joined
10 Aug 2013
Messages
1,070
Reaction score
893
Points
1,168
Quick quiz for ya G:
What is a 486?
Who made the IIe?
What did the Black Knight say after his arm got cut off?

Answer these questions three to proceed to the next round :P

Welcome btw.
 

Pafkes

Wait for it
Senior Citizen
Joined
12 Aug 2014
Messages
293
Reaction score
286
Points
1,054
Hey @g-downloader, welcome!

Returning to BattleField, but I'll send a FR soon to play some Destiny on the side.
 

Skarpar

Regular Gamer
Senior Citizen
Joined
1 Jun 2014
Messages
452
Reaction score
281
Points
864
Welcome @g-downloader,
I shall send a FR when I'm next online and I look forward to gaming with you
 

Slaine

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Joined
29 Jun 2012
Messages
2,693
Reaction score
1,038
Points
1,355
Hi mate and welcome to the Seniors. Friends request in the post. Look forward to seeing you online. :1thumbup:
 

g-downloader

Newbie Gamer
Joined
29 Nov 2014
Messages
18
Reaction score
11
Points
48
Quick quiz for ya G:
What is a 486?
Who made the IIe?
What did the Black Knight say after his arm got cut off?

Answer these questions three to proceed to the next round :P

Welcome btw.
486 is in fact a number,
lle?
"Shit! My arm got cut off" or something along those lines

Either way, i have no idea what the references to those questions are. :?

And thank btw.
 

g-downloader

Newbie Gamer
Joined
29 Nov 2014
Messages
18
Reaction score
11
Points
48
Hey @g-downloader, welcome!

Returning to BattleField, but I'll send a FR soon to play some Destiny on the side.
Thank you @Pafkes ,

I did enjoy BF3 a lot, have played it competitively and all that nonsense, i have one cool story about that, but that'll come later. I'll probably pick up BF4 in the near future. Either way, looking forward to playing with you
 

g-downloader

Newbie Gamer
Joined
29 Nov 2014
Messages
18
Reaction score
11
Points
48
Hi mate and welcome to the Seniors. Friends request in the post. Look forward to seeing you online. :1thumbup:
Thanks man, i have so far gotten one friends request from 'Torquemada'. But i look forward to playing with you!
 

Martok

Board Game Addict
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Joined
12 Mar 2012
Messages
5,212
Reaction score
3,216
Points
2,630
About the membership, i would like to apply for the full membership (extra mayo please). I did read the about us section and that i am going to have to work a bit harder for a full membership because of my age, and that's fair enough. As long as i can get along with the people here i'll be happy.
Its actually not that much work really. Just play online using comms with some Seniors. If you all get on and have fun then they'll vouch for you and if you're still happy to join us and sport the [SNR] tags in online games then you'll be a full member. Simple really. :)
 
Top