• Welcome to Senior Gamers!

Senior Gamers [SNR] is a community for mature gamers aged 25+ years who primarily play on the PlayStation consoles.

We used this website from June 2012 until March 2020. Technology moved on during this time and we have now moved to Discord. If you are familiar with it already you'll know how quick and easy it is to use. If you haven't tried it yet, you really should!

You can browse this archived website to see what we posted over the years.

You can join us on Discord to see what we've posted more recently and to chat. Click on the link below to find us. We hope to see you there!

Senior Gamers Discord

Multi Lego Batman 3: Beyond Gotham release date confirmed

Martok

Board Game Addict
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Cowl's about that?

Warner Bros. has announced a 14th November UK release date for Lego Batman 3: Beyond Gotham.

The game will launch for 3DS, PC, PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, PlayStation Vita, Wii U, Xbox 360 and Xbox One.

Lego's third DC Comics-themed release, Lego Batman 3 is developed by long-standing Lego video game maker Traveller's Tales. More than 150 playable characters will be featured, from Adam West to Zatanna.

As you might expect from its name, Beyond Gotham moves the action further afield from Batman's usual stomping grounds and out into space, into planets and cities that Brainiac has captured and shrunk down in size.

"If you're expecting a revolution in basic mechanics, you've come to the wrong series," Chris Donlan wrote in Eurogamer's recent Lego Batman 3 preview.

"What you're getting here is more of the same, with a few new ideas and, yes, a certain quiet lavishness. All things considered, that's probably what most of the fans are after."

Source: Eurogamer

Bogus4Real

Help with spellign, anyone!?
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I believe this is the best lego game in ages. Both my daughter at 8 and myself love it. It got great graphics, a story you actually want to follow to the end, interesting characters and funny dialog. The game mechanics works well too...
Maybe not an alternative to Destiny or Battlefield, but if you want a game to play with your kids, this could be it :)

NVranya

Oi! Who stole my pretty green letters?
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Hm, I'll need to fetch me some kids first then :lol:

Bogus4Real

Help with spellign, anyone!?
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
BREAKING NEWS!
It's actually so good, that my daughter has decided to use her savings to by a "season pass". I'm very pleased about this, as it will give me six free DLC packs I can enjoy 8-)
Seems like the Lego games has turned to the same business model as all the other AAA titles.

NVranya

Oi! Who stole my pretty green letters?
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Poor girl! You should be buying her that! ;)

And I've tried that van thing, but for some reason the cops keep pulling me over :?

Jkrohn1

5P4M 80T
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Well I have Batman 2 on my Vita and my son loves Batman so i thought I would let him have a go (hes 4yo) anyway he finished it all by himself. I decided to get him The Lego Movie game from steam when it was £4 but unfortunately he cant get to grips with my keyboard (I have a Corsair K30 its big) so I have decided to get him a PC controller, I have now purchased Lego Marvel Hero's and Lego Batman 3 both for less then £6 my son is in heaven :D

I have also tried them all and Lego games are for people of any age, I actually enjoy playing these games, they are fun and trying to get all the Lego studs to get 100% is sometimes a bit of a challenge.

Plaxinator

Wino extraordinaire
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
@Jkrohn1 How does your son get on with the controller? Ok I take it. My niece is 4 and doesn't seem to "get" the controller. She just gets angry because she can't do it. She seems to think all games work via touch pad. She can pick up my iPad, choose the games folder and turn to the page her games are on easy enough. Doesn't get laptops either, she keeps getting fingermarks all over my screen.

She's 5 in August, might try her again see how she gets on. The only games she'll play on the PS3 have to be with the move controller but that's a fail if any buttons need to be pressed.

Jkrohn1

5P4M 80T
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
To be honest he struggles but can do it, controllers are not made for small hands im going this weekend to find him a smaller one to see if it helps. He also cant do too much at once so aiming in lego batman is a little hard for him. He still loves playing but I think he wants to play games too much now, every night its lets play on the PC or wheres the vita. Didn't want him to get like me but seems to be the case.