XBOne Latest boner from the House of Microsoft

Slaine

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
In a bid to secure your financial details permanently, Microsoft have announced that soon you wont be able to download anything whatsoever unless your debit or credit card is stored. This includes all free to play games, demos etc. Big deal you might say, but I have been caught out with their automatic renewal policies. They hid this in the small print when I signed up to Live. And I wasnt allowed to delete my card as it "formed" part of the offer requirements. I bloody hate these strong arm sales tactics, and never used my debit card with them again because of it.

I know "there's no such thing as bad publicity", but surely Microsoft have crossed that very fine line ages ago. Aren't they tired of seeing their name in the headlines for the wrong reasons? To come from the ps4-is-more-powerful debacle to this. Thought I'd post this just in case there was a tiny vestigial part of you that was thinking of getting an Xbone.

Slaine

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Oh forgot to mention, my son told me that Microsoft are banning players who play Gta 5 earlly. This includes people who bought this game from legitimate sources who broke the street date. Way to win the masses back Microsoft. :x

Plaxinator

Wino extraordinaire
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I know what you mean about the card thing, although I've not been caught out. They don't make it easy. To cancel auto renewals you have to log onto your account on the Internet, I can see no way to do it via the console. I also tried deleting my card but it won't let me, it gives me a phone number to call but I CBA to call it. My card has expired now and I'm not updating it so meh to them.
Did get Gold for £1 a month for several months this way though.

Jkrohn1

5P4M 80T
Senior Citizen
Donator
Reaction score
It's ironic that the people in charge at MS continuously spout out speil that the Xbox One is more powerful then the PS4. Then they try and supe up the Xbox One with a little bit of a over clock which the game devs said will make no significant difference. The same devs have however said the PS4 is a better machine to work with and is better then the Xbox One. Not only on paper. This is only in the way of graphical performance as the Xbox One is a little faster at as they have said computing.

We can't judge much but Major Nelson said the Xbox One is in full production yet only last weekend a picture was posted of the first Xbox One off the production line :-\

I'm not a fan of MS anymore and there constant lies and u turns over the last few months have made me even less of a fan.

ColSonders

A.W.O.L.
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
What I don't understand is the loyalty that Microsoft still have by a great number of end users who are willing to overlook every one of these things.

I know MS made a huge announcement about the reversal of policy, but they've since made comment that'll those will be phased back in.

And all the other little things that keep coming out that they are doing that people should be genuinely pissed off about.

The only real positive has been that they've been able to marginally increase some of the specs, and even that just means that they're fairly sure they can push the chips a little further and still be able to keep the system cool enough to run (should think so too the fecking size of the thing)...but you can bet now that down the line they'll have to consider bringing that clock speed down to cater for higher end games and potential overheating.

Slaine

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
What I don't understand myself isn't so much why the fanboys haven't given up the ghost, its why have Microsoft embarked on this journey of self destruction? Up until the Xbone was announced, I'd have tipped them as the favourite in the next gen race. A few missteps, but otherwise they were on a good path. All they had to do was more of the same. Instead, they're drifting from one disaster to another. I still stand by my original assessment. I reckon the Xbone will sell 40-45 million units and that's it. A sad cry from the previous gen and what could've been

Jkrohn1

5P4M 80T
Senior Citizen
Donator
Reaction score
I think it's gonna sell the same as last gen seriously, I spoke to a few people I know who are tech savvy and they are only hearing bad things from me :-\ I mean two of these guys work at retailer's so surly they should now this stuff.

Side note my mate brought down his GTA V for the 360 earlier put the play disc in asked for install disk and disconnected me from xbl, installed the game then asked for play disc was unable to log into xbl. So after adding my Mobile, Home Phone and another email along with the Hotmail one they already have still couldn't get on xbl due to requiring more information to verify. I just turned off my 360 and was on the verge of throwing the crock of crap in the bin. He's went back into hospital so left the game with me for tomorrow. Might try it again after I calm down.

Jkrohn1

5P4M 80T
Senior Citizen
Donator
Reaction score
Oh my post about my mate in the GTA V thread didn't post so you guys don't know why he's in hospital or the strange story of him discharging himself just to get GTA V lol