Multi Laser Designator unlock on the Scout Helicopters

DrewePeacock

May contain sarcasm
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Hi All

I've just been looking at upgrades on the Scout Helicopters, and I can't find the Laser Designator listed on there. The recent patch notes say:

"The Laser Designator unlock on the Scout Helicopters has been changed from a Pilot Upgrade to a new stance in the Copilot seat (position 4). Like the CITV turret on the Main Battle Tanks, the Scout Helicopter’s Laser Designator is permanently available to players who have received the unlock."

Does anybody know how or when this is unlocked? If it's as per the CITV, then I would guess that it's the last upgrade. But it's not the last upgrade on the Attack Helicopter, so that doesn't seem right to me. Would the Laser Designator unlock from the Attack Helicopter transfer to the Scout Helicopter?

I'm confused. :crazy:

ColSonders

A.W.O.L.
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I'm sure the laser for the Scout Heli was one of the last unlocks previous to the patch. Possibly before ECM Jammer.

As it's a passive skill I should already have it since I've got my Scout Service star (probably twice by now).

I assume that going into the co-pilot seat and just putting the centre of your screen on an enemy vehicle is all that's required, but willing to test it if anyone will pilot for me.

Battlelog isn't showing the data though, perhaps it shows in game how many points are required to unlock it...or perhaps it's just unlocked to all straight off the bat?

DrewePeacock

May contain sarcasm
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
A quick scan of the Battlelog forum reveals that there is much confusion. I'll try hitting triangle in the 4th seat when I'm next on - it may be automatically unlocked now.