PS4 Killzone: Shadow Fall

Martok

Board Game Addict
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Sony have released a new video as part of their ‘Conversations with Creators’ series and it's a Developer Diary for Killzone: Shadow Fall.

It doesn't show any new footage or contain a lot of substance, it's more a case of getting a studio to tell the world how great and easy the PS4 is to develop for. Of course we all know that Guerilla are owned by Sony...

For those of you who haven't seen the full in-game footage, or would just like to watch it again & drool (yes @SHROUD, I'm looking at you ;) ) then here it is:

Last edited:

Martok

Board Game Addict
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
The latest video of Killzone: Shadow Fall. Looking great! :D

Jkrohn1

5P4M 80T
Senior Citizen
Donator
Reaction score
I like Killzone but find myself getting bored with campers and glitching. Still a must buy though there always a solid game and the Gfx look amazing.

SHROUD

Regular Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Maybe I haven't decided yet (yeah right ;))

Jkrohn1

5P4M 80T
Senior Citizen
Donator
Reaction score
Why have I had a constant erection since Monday ;) I love being a Gamer :)

SHROUD

Regular Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Are you thinking about me again? ;)

Martok

Board Game Addict
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
New Killzone Shadow Fall gameplay - CVG's video team has captured new gameplay footage of the PS4 launch game Killzone Shadow Fall. The off-screen footage was taken at Sony's closed-doors PlayStation 4 event in London on Thursday.

Slaine

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Im actually getting this and Battlefield 4 on launch now. I couldnt NOT get this. It does look bloody good

ColSonders

A.W.O.L.
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
That was obviously captured with a pretty poor camera, which is a shame as it's not a great reflection on graphical detail within the game (although if anything it's the finer graphical details that have been missing from this games videos so far imo) but you get a great sense of the depth of the playing area and the overall details like particle effects and lighting.

Looking good...don't think i'll be getting it, but it certainly does look to be shaping up well to make those Xbox180 customers jealous.

LesTom1

Semi-Regular Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I'll definitely be picking this up with my PS4 on release day, which incidentally can't come quick enough

Jkrohn1

5P4M 80T
Senior Citizen
Donator
Reaction score
I like Killzone and have also ordered mine for release day. 4 months and 5 days to wait.

Martok

Board Game Addict
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Killzone: Shadow Fall pre-order bonuses detailed

In Killzone: Shadow Fall on PlayStation 4, being a Shadow Marshal is all about dominating the flow of combat and fighting on your own terms. Your special abilities and OWL combat drone give you enormous freedom in choosing how each fight plays out.

The OWL has several modes of operation you can activate via the new PS4 Controller touch pad: a stun mode, which creates an area-of-effect shock blast that stuns enemies and disrupts electronics; an attack mode, in which the OWL attacks anyone within range or targets a specific enemy; a shield mode, which creates a one-way energy shield in front of you; and finally, a zipline mode, which allows you to quickly and safely reach lower areas.

To allow you to tailor your gameplay experience even further, we’re happy to announce the Shadow Pack – a bundle of exclusive content you’ll receive for pre-ordering Killzone: Shadow Fall at participating retailers! The Shadow Pack will gain you access to these extras:

OWL skin
Give your OWL a unique appearance with these exclusive skins. Who says combat drones need to be devoid of personality?

MP Spotlight move
Celebrate your triumphs over enemy players in multiplayer mode in a new and unique way with this special victory move.

Official soundtrack
Listen to the epic cinematic score for Killzone: Shadow Fall as it brings both sides of the conflict to life like never before.

Remember, the only way to obtain the Shadow Pack and get your hands on these exclusive bonuses is by pre-ordering the game! Stay tuned to PlayStation Blog for more Killzone: Shadow Fall news, including information about retailer-exclusive pre-order extras.

Source: EU PlayStation Blog

LesTom1

Semi-Regular Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Killzone: Shadow Fall pre-order bonuses detailed

In Killzone: Shadow Fall on PlayStation 4, being a Shadow Marshal is all about dominating the flow of combat and fighting on your own terms. Your special abilities and OWL combat drone give you enormous freedom in choosing how each fight plays out.

The OWL has several modes of operation you can activate via the new PS4 Controller touch pad: a stun mode, which creates an area-of-effect shock blast that stuns enemies and disrupts electronics; an attack mode, in which the OWL attacks anyone within range or targets a specific enemy; a shield mode, which creates a one-way energy shield in front of you; and finally, a zipline mode, which allows you to quickly and safely reach lower areas.

To allow you to tailor your gameplay experience even further, we’re happy to announce the Shadow Pack – a bundle of exclusive content you’ll receive for pre-ordering Killzone: Shadow Fall at participating retailers! The Shadow Pack will gain you access to these extras:

OWL skin
Give your OWL a unique appearance with these exclusive skins. Who says combat drones need to be devoid of personality?

MP Spotlight move
Celebrate your triumphs over enemy players in multiplayer mode in a new and unique way with this special victory move.

Official soundtrack
Listen to the epic cinematic score for Killzone: Shadow Fall as it brings both sides of the conflict to life like never before.

Remember, the only way to obtain the Shadow Pack and get your hands on these exclusive bonuses is by pre-ordering the game! Stay tuned to PlayStation Blog for more Killzone: Shadow Fall news, including information about retailer-exclusive pre-order extras.

Source: EU PlayStation Blog

Not that interested in pre-order specials, especially as the Shadow Pack mentioned is a pretty lame looking piece of content. Just give me the game Guerilla!!

Martok

Board Game Addict
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Multiplayer details from Killzone.com:

We’re thrilled to finally be able to show you Killzone: Shadow Fall’s multiplayer! We’ll go into details about the game’s exciting multiplayer features in a moment but first, have a look at our brand-new GamesCom multiplayer trailer to get a taste of the action.

Just like in the single player campaign, Killzone: Shadow Fall’s multiplayer gives you the freedom to play the game exactly how you want. Using the new customizable Warzone features demonstrated in the trailer, you can pick the number of players (4-24), rules, mission modes, classes, abilities and weapons you want to allow in a match, then save these choices as a preset to share with the rest of the Shadow Fall community.

With an ever-evolving selection of Warzone presets, you’ll have no trouble finding fresh and challenging online matches in Killzone: Shadow Fall. In addition, the community team will regularly highlight interesting new Warzone presets and introduce new options to customize and play with by means of expansion packs.

That’s not all, of course – we’ve worked hard to make sure Killzone: Shadow Fall will be a fun, competitive multiplayer experience that’s easy to get into, but difficult to master. There are now eight different rotating mission modes, four of which are new to Killzone: Shadow Fall. The game has three classes with unique abilities and 22 different weapons – all unlocked from the get-go, so you can determine for yourself how and in which order you want to specialize.

We’ve also redesigned our progression system to work with challenges rather than XP. There are over 1500 increasingly difficult challenges to complete in Killzone: Shadow Fall multiplayer, so you’ll have plenty of opportunity to prove your skills and collect rewards. To increase longevity even further, we plan to continue support for the title well after launch – and yes, DLC multiplayer maps will be released free of charge to ensure everyone can play.

We hope you’re as excited about Killzone: Shadow Fall multiplayer as we are. In the coming weeks we’ll release more details about the multiplayer features on Killzone.com and the PlayStation Blog. In the meantime, have another look at the multiplayer trailer, and check out the screenshots in the gallery below!

SHROUD

Regular Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Can't watch the video from work, but WOW how crisp are those screenshots. Plus the ability to play an online match with all the differing configurations. I can't wait to set up a match where you all have pistols against my rocket launcher :yahoo:

Martok

Board Game Addict
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Having just re-read my previous post, I've just noticed this:

We’ve also redesigned our progression system to work with challenges rather than XP. There are over 1500 increasingly difficult challenges to complete in Killzone: Shadow Fall multiplayer, so you’ll have plenty of opportunity to prove your skills and collect rewards. To increase longevity even further, we plan to continue support for the title well after launch – and yes, DLC multiplayer maps will be released free of charge to ensure everyone can play.
:woot: