• Welcome to Senior Gamers!

Senior Gamers [SNR] is a community for mature gamers aged 25+ years who primarily play on the PlayStation consoles.

We used this website from June 2012 until March 2020. Technology moved on during this time and we have now moved to Discord. If you are familiar with it already you'll know how quick and easy it is to use. If you haven't tried it yet, you really should!

You can browse this archived website to see what we posted over the years.

You can join us on Discord to see what we've posted more recently and to chat. Click on the link below to find us. We hope to see you there!

Senior Gamers Discord

PS4 Killzone Shadow Fall Intercept DLC adds online co-op mode

Martok

Board Game Addict
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
New four-player expansion will also see standalone release

Today we’re pleased to announce Killzone Shadow Fall Intercept, the next big DLC expansion for Killzone Shadow Fall.

Killzone Shadow Fall Intercept places you and up to three of your friends on the elite VSA team known as Intelligence Squad Alpha. Operating behind enemy lines, your team is on a mission to intercept and relay Helghast military transmissions back to VSA headquarters. To succeed, you’ll need to keep Helghast interlopers at bay long enough to establish a Hacking Uplink and transmit the data. Thankfully, the members of your team have all been trained in unique Combat Roles – from close-quarters Assault and mid-to-long range Marksman roles to supportive Medic and Tactician roles.

To successfully fend off the enemy and transmit the intel back to HQ, teamwork is absolutely essential. Your Team Score indicates how close you are to establishing a Hacking Uplink; increase it by defending your Uplinks from Helghast capture attempts, or by “banking” the Personal Score you’ve accumulated from kills, ability uses and recaptures. You can even earn bonuses such as artillery strikes and jetpacks!

Always be on your guard, though: if you lose an Uplink to the enemy or have to respawn after critical injury, your Team Score will incur a penalty. If all members of your team are dead and your Team Score is too low to allow re-spawning, the mission is a failure.

Just like the members of Intelligence Squad Alpha, the AI-controlled Helghast enemies in Killzone Shadow Fall Intercept have their own sets of goals and Combat Roles. They will switch up tactics and angles of attack when they capture an Uplink, so you’ll need to adapt your defense strategy accordingly. On top of that, the enemy can call on special Helghast champions with unique abilities, based on key Killzone Shadow Fall characters. Expect to go up against some very familiar faces…

Killzone Shadow Fall Intercept comes with four arena maps inspired by locations from the single player campaign, and launches this June. It will be available for free for Season Pass holders. A standalone version of the co-op experience will also be available later this year. We’ll have more in-depth information on Combat Roles, maps and tactics for the co-op mode in the coming week, so stay tuned to Killzone.com!

Source: EU PlayStation Blog

yinkin

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Why does this remind me of the Uncharted Co-op mode. It sounds like something that might be good fun, although is it enough to prop up a game that seems to have dropped off the seniors radar completely. Unless a load of us get it I cant see myself buying into the season pass.

Slaine

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Unfortunately I've got a season pass. Oh well, it sounds good so heres hoping

PNMotorsportUK

Warlock, Jedi, Sith... #66 PNMotorsport
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I do have the season pass, so yes please.

Jkrohn1

5P4M 80T
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I am currently afk but don't intend on getting a season pass but do intend on playing Killzone again at some point in the future lol

c00ky

Good for target practice
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Got this in my launch bundle played offline for about 30 mins and never touched this again....

SHROUD

Regular Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
There as soon as :D