• Welcome to Senior Gamers!

Senior Gamers [SNR] is a community for mature gamers aged 25+ years who primarily play on the PlayStation consoles.

We used this website from June 2012 until March 2020. Technology moved on during this time and we have now moved to Discord. If you are familiar with it already you'll know how quick and easy it is to use. If you haven't tried it yet, you really should!

You can browse this archived website to see what we posted over the years.

You can join us on Discord to see what we've posted more recently and to chat. Click on the link below to find us. We hope to see you there!

Senior Gamers Discord

PS4 Killzone celebrates its 10th anniversary with new maps, expansions and events

Martok

Board Game Addict
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Guerrilla Games details its birthday plans in full

When the original Killzone came out for PlayStation 2 on 2nd November, 2004, we had no way of knowing its red-goggled antagonists would go on to invade four additional console platforms, five more Killzone games, nine other PlayStation titles, a toy line, a novelisation and a manga. But here we are, ten years later, and the world of Killzone is bigger than ever.

We’re very proud of how far we’ve come, and to mark this joyous occasion we’re going to celebrate the 10th anniversary of Killzone with the people who made it all possible – you, our loyal fans. We have several content releases planned for Killzone Shadow Fall in the pipeline, as well as live playthroughs, interviews, tournaments and more! Here’s what you can look forward to in the coming weeks.

New Expansion Pack!
The 10th Anniversary Expansion Pack offers unprecedented personalisation options for Killzone Shadow Fall multiplayer:

• Two new multiplayer character skins: Customize the look of your multiplayer characters with the ‘Honor Guard’ and ‘Special Forces’ uniform options.
  • Two new OWL skins: Matching ‘Honor Guard’ and ‘Special Forces’ skins for your combat automata will complement your new look.
  • Two new voice packs: Change your battle chatter with the hilarious ‘Angry Veteran’ voice pack, or hear what the Killzone Shadow Fall dev team sounds like with the ‘Dev Team’ voice pack.
  • Two new Player Card Icon Packs: Give your Player Card some character with the ‘Identity’ Icon Pack, or show off your favorite weapon with the ‘Weapons Of Shadow Fall’ Icon Pack.
  • New crosshair customisation: A new system lets you customize the reticules for all weapons, and the pack comes with seven brand new crosshair sets.
The 10th Anniversary expansion pack is available from tomorrow and is available at no additional cost to Season Pass owners.

Events!
Log on, sign up and tune in for our special 10th anniversary events:

• A duo of Killzone 10th anniversary livestreams: Hosted on thePlayStation Twitch TV channel, this festive livestream will involve playthroughs of classic Killzone titles, interviews with developers and plenty of giveaways for our viewers. The live streams will be held on the 6th and 7th November at 6.00pm CET and run until 8.00pm CET.
  • Killzone Shadow Fall & Mercenary tournaments: Get ready to show off your Shadow Fall and/or Mercenary multiplayer skills in our 10th Anniversary tournaments. Keep an eye on Killzone.com/blog for sign-up announcements.
  • Art exposition – 21st Nov: Our friends at Cook & Becker are organizing an art exhibition of video games in Leeuwarden, The Netherlands, featuring stunning art from Killzones past – as well as never before seen art from Killzone Shadow Fall and a Killzone 10th Anniversary themed showcase.
  • Awesome giveaways: In the coming weeks we’re going to give away cool Killzone-related merchandise, including T-shirts, art and collectibles. Keep an eye on Killzone.com and our social media channels for more information.
As you can see it’s going to be an exciting month for Killzone fans. We hope you’re as thrilled about Killzone’s 10th Anniversary as we are, and we’d love to hear what your favourite Killzone moments from the past decade are in the comments below.

Free stuff!
Expand your Killzone Shadow Fall multiplayer experience with these free maps, out tomorrow:

• New ‘The Academy’ multiplayer map: Arguably Killzone 2‘s most popular multiplayer map, Radec Academy (named after Autarch Visari’s right-hand man and fan-favorite antagonist, Colonel Radec) is coming to Killzone Shadow Fall. We briefly revisited a collapsed version of this map in the From The Ashes DLC for Killzone 3, but this time around the ravages of war have really left a mark on the Academy.
  • Two new cooperative maps: In addition to the competitive multiplayer version, The Academy will also be released as a free cooperative map forKillzone Shadow Fall Intercept, along with a second cooperative map known as The Weapons Facility. We’ll have more detailed descriptions and trailers for the new maps on Killzone.com soon!
Source: EU PlayStation Blog

IamNumber6

It's not me, it's my brain!
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I've still not played the multi player side to this game

yinkin

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Might be time to give this another go,

Slaine

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I could be persuaded too. Ive all the dlc by the way, so I would be happy to try it out

IamNumber6

Senior Citizen
Reaction score
It shows it's been a while when the update file is 2.5GB

Plaxinator

Wino extraordinaire
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I don't have the paid for DLC. Think my PS4 will have automatically downloaded all the updates. Will the free swag be part of the updates or will I have to check the store for the extra maps?
Anyways shall I set up an event for this? Next week maybe? Anyone have any preferences let me know.

Slaine

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
You have to download them all from the store. I couldnt find them, but if you access the game tile on the ps4 then press the down arrow then access the store from there, all the dlc appears.

IamNumber6

Senior Citizen
Reaction score
My PS4 was still updating this when I shut it down at 2330 last night

Plaxinator

Wino extraordinaire
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
My PS4 was still updating this when I shut it down at 2330 last night
Just check my history and KZ was last updated for me on 2/4/2014. Maybe I have to put the disc in to update this time.

IamNumber6

Senior Citizen
Reaction score
All I did was highlight the game > click the options button > select check for updates

PNMotorsportUK

Warlock, Jedi, Sith... #66 PNMotorsport
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I'm updated, got most DLC, well maps and Intercept.