• Welcome to Senior Gamers!

Senior Gamers [SNR] is a community for mature gamers aged 25+ years who primarily play on the PlayStation consoles.

We used this website from June 2012 until March 2020. Technology moved on during this time and we have now moved to Discord. If you are familiar with it already you'll know how quick and easy it is to use. If you haven't tried it yet, you really should!

You can browse this archived website to see what we posted over the years.

You can join us on Discord to see what we've posted more recently and to chat. Click on the link below to find us. We hope to see you there!

Senior Gamers Discord

Just up my street

Acegadgets

Not so serious gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
It wasn't me calling you miguel, I did possibly refer to someone as Manuel " sorry he's from barcelona" though.
Used to love andrew sachs in that role . Shame they only ever made 12 episodes.

Bad Robot

Semi-Regular Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Martok said:
Good to have you join us on the BF3 server last night, Bad Robot. :)

I'm glad you enjoyed playing Battlefield with us and it looked like it was your first time on the game? Have you just picked up the game? If so, what made you decide to buy it? You've obviously got Back to Karkland as you were playing on our standard maps + Karkland setup. Did you buy this in addition? Have you gone the whole hog and bought the Close Quarters DLC or even gone for Premium?
Hey Martok
I bought the game a while back, but haven't played on line. I like shooters but to be honest I suck big time :roll: When I bought the game it was a promotional pack that came with Back to Karkland. I'll look into addition content as I get used to the game and get my ratio up a little :oops:

Martok said:
Bad Robot said:
I used to run a Clan on another forum but it was web based with a football theme but the site was taken down by the owners :rant: . It so happened that yesterday I was on the PS Network site and I saw a post regarding SNR and as I stated in the forum topic "Your right up my street"
So, tell us more about the Clan you ran on another forum. Which forum was it and what was the Clan? Do tell us more about what you did on there. Also why did the site owners take it down?
FootballdotManager (FdM) was the name of the forum where I spent a good few years, it was a football management game that was different from most of the others on the net. I found it very addictive, the community side was and in some respects still is awesome (we still keep in touch on Facebook). The site had several Clans that competed against each other on a monthly basis in several tournaments together with leagues that were set up by the members. There was also a ranking system for both Individual Members and Clans that showed the top ranked managers and their Clans, this changed depending on results on a week to week basis. Players were rewarded with Trophies, they had their own Trophy Cabinet that showed their rewards for winning Tournaments for both Individual Leagues that members had set up or Clan Leagues that were organized automatically by the servers or by the Clan Leaders. My Clan was called NBA, I took it over from an existing member called Noof, he formed the Clan and called it Noof's Barmy Army hence the abbreviation NBA :D . The site was closed down two years ago now much to the despair of the members, the reason is still debated by many. Truth is nobody will ever know.

Martok said:
I'm glad that our SNR clan thread is working on the PS forums. :) So, what made you choose this place over all of the others? There's a heck of a lot of communities to choose from in there!
To be honest I was attracted by the title of the SNR Clan Thread and what was said in the post. I had been thinking about looking for a Clan as I had enjoyed the experience of meeting the guys n girls at FdM and thought the time was right to actively look for something similar. I didn't need to look any further as I found what I wanted :woot:

Martok said:
We like to hear about folks' gaming history and you've mentioned a few bits briefly. Do tell us some more so us oldies can reminisce. You started with the Sinclair computers, which ones did you own/play on? Do you recall any other games apart from Manic Myna? I had two of these machines and have many fond memories of games on them. What about after that, did you just have an Amiga (and if so, what other games did you play). Any other early computers/consoles and games?

I'm always interested in how folks have developed in console gaming. Have you been a Sony fan throughout and played on the PS1, PS2 as well as the PS3? What games have you played on these? Have you dabbled on 'the dark side' with the XBox?

Do you have any other games on the PS3 besides GT5, Fifa 12 and MW3 and now Battlefield 3? How do you rate BF3 to MW3 now you have tried it? I often find folks are a fan of one or the other rather than both though that's not always the case. What are your favourite games that you have played on the PS3?
I started on my brothers Sinclair, can't remember the exact model but I know it was early 80's as I was still at school :crazy: Manic Miner was his fix at the time amongst other things :think: and I managed to finish the game before him much to his disgust. I'm not sure what came after that to be honest but I do remember the Amiga 500a/plus being my first console purchase followed by the more powerful Amiga 1200. I was in my element with Shadow of the Beast, can't remember playing much else to be honest ( my brain cells deserted me a long time ago) I then got hooked on the PC and the Internet until I stumbled across the PS1 then the PS2 and now the PS3. I've never dabbled on 'the dark side' with the XBox, a friend once recommended it to me but -i always favored the Sonys.

I have a quite a few games, on the PS3, I'm a plus member and get the freebies each month. I have Black Ops, MW3, GT5, Fifa, Paradise City, NFS The Run, TDU2 and of course BF3 which I'm beginning to like more and more each time I play it amongst others . My kids prefer MW3 or Black Ops because it is possible to play with three players, however I have seen a side to BF3 that I would like to pursue :1thumbup:

HaloJ

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Hey Mr Robot. Nice to see you in a few games the other night and a complete shame you didn't have comms to join in with the drunken banter. :? You wouldn't happen to have any blue tooth headsets kicking about from your mobile would you?

Vouch from me but my preference is for all members to have comms.

Abs

Martok

Board Game Addict
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Thanks for answering all my questions, Bad Robot. :)

As Halo says, we prefer prospective new members to have played online with us using comms before we grant full membership. As you've made an effort with your posts and gaming with us albeit without comms, we'll grant you Ally status as this stage which will give you access to a bit more on here. We can then sort out the full membership once you've got your headset sorted. :)

ColSonders

A.W.O.L.
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Huzzah, now get yourself a headset and get on those comms so you can join in with the sillyness!

Spruijt

Real men wear clogs
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
ColSonders said:
Huzzah, now get yourself a headset and get on those comms so you can join in with the sillyness!
:stupid:

Bad Robot

Semi-Regular Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Ok guys, I went out and bought a Turtle Beach Headset today, so the Bad Robot will be talking with you all pretty soon.

Spruijt

Real men wear clogs
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Had a couple of rounds on BF3 with Mr. Robot before my system froze up on me :( . Nice chap, getting into the game like me. So we both wound up dead last on the scoreboard every time :lol: Didn't bother me, have had a good time.

B8dRobot get's my vouch :1thumbup:

Bad Robot

Semi-Regular Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Spruijt said:
Had a couple of rounds on BF3 with Mr. Robot before my system froze up on me :( . Nice chap, getting into the game like me. So we both wound up dead last on the scoreboard every time :lol: Didn't bother me, have had a good time.

B8dRobot get's my vouch :1thumbup:
ç
Cheers Spruijt ;) I wondered where you went to :shock: Catch you soon no doubt.

Martok

Board Game Addict
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Glad to hear you've got comms and managed a few rounds with Spruijt. :)

Without further ado...

Arise, [SNR] Bad Robot! The whole site and all of its goodies are now available for your use. :D

If you'd like to join the Senior Gamers platoon on BF3 you can find it here.

I hope to see you online again soon sporting your shiny new [SNR] tag. :1thumbup:

HaloJ

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score

Spruijt

Real men wear clogs
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Welcome aboard mate. :1thumbup:

roger947

Semi-Regular Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Congrats BR, :D

Hope you like it here :1thumbup:

Acegadgets

Not so serious gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Bienvenido Mala Robot

HERMAN_JELMET

Meatbag
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Just had a quick squad up with Robot on comms, I apologise for my bad language :)
We got totally spawn raped, and when they'd done with us they did It again and that was just In the first map!
But then I got DC'd, Blessing In disguise maybe? :)

Bad Robot

Semi-Regular Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I'm enjoying it, and I can only improve :shifty:

Thanks for all the welcomes guys, its a nice place to be around :clap: :bow:

Slaine

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Welcome aboard Bad Robot!!

Dogstar

Regular Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I have a weekend away and we're still gaining new members, cool. 8-)

Welcome to the SNR family, hope to see you online soon :waving:

Spruijt

Real men wear clogs
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
You wouldn't happen to have an account under the same name on iMobsters would you mate?

Bad Robot

Semi-Regular Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Spruijt said:
You wouldn't happen to have an account under the same name on iMobsters would you mate?
No, but my youngest son has an account under the name of O5c8r5. I sometimes jump on his account when he wants to play :P

Why do you ask ?