1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Senior Gamers!

We are a community for mature gamers who primarily play online games on PlayStation consoles (PS4, PS3, PS Vita). You can find out more in our About Us section.

If you are new to the site, why not register? By doing so and being an active member you can view the site without adverts, make posts and more. You can register here and even do so using Facebook, Twitter or Google+!

Just up my street

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Bad Robot, 6 Jul 2012.

1. Bad Robot

Bad Robot Semi-Regular Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    B8dRobot
    Hello everyone,
    I'm Mike, an expat living in Spain close to Barcelona. I've been gaming since well ... :think: ...... the early Sinclair days and I was hooked on a game called Manic Miner. Moved on progressively to the Amiga and got hooked again with The Shadow Of The Beast :lol: How times change eh :eh: When I can get on the PS3 (my kids bully me into submission) I like playing GT5, Fifa 12 and MW3. I honestly don't mind playing any game so long as you go easy on me if we compete :angel:

2. Acegadgets

Acegadgets Not so serious gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Acegadgets
    Evening Mate, We are all pretty rubbish gamers here. Dont think we have any fifa players, but theres a few GT5 and MW3 players knocking about. We've pretty much just started this site up, most of us know each other from another site that we were part of. I would say the typical senior gamer, is approaching 40 , has a couple of kids, plays battlefield rather than COD , but also has a large games collection and will play pretty much anything that his/her fellow friends have. We all use comms online and dont take our gaming too seriously . Having fun and a laugh is more important than K?D ratios and winning.
    So if you think you will fit in, tell us a bit more about yourself.
    Where are you origionally from? how old are you? Happy or married with children? What do you do for a living and how did you end up in Spain?

3. Slaine

Slaine Serious Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Torquemada
    Hi Bad Robot and welcome to Senior Gamers. And before I forget, jammy git for living in Spain!! ;) Saying that, with the current Euro crisis how are things there?

And you're in good company if your after an easier challenge. Well, certainly against me anyway :oops:

So how old are you Bad Robot? Have you got Battlefield 3 or not a fan? In to Uncharted? Got a 360? What do you do over in sunny old Spain?

4. HERMAN_JELMET

HERMAN_JELMET Meatbag
    Staff Member Senior Citizen

PSN:
    HERMAN_JELMET
    Is this you?

[​IMG]

Anyway, Welcome :)

Is bad robot you're PSN? As some of the more senile members would prefer you're forum and PSN to be the same so they don't have to remember more names than they have fingers :D

And would Senor like full fat membership or diet membership?

Bollocks! I had another question with a gag attached but I've forgotten It. :oops:

Anyway, Welcome :)

DOH!

5. Alien_Chick

Alien_Chick Regular Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Alien_Chick
    hi there, hope it is better weather in Spain than over here :D Don't worry about being rubbish as I am usually the bullet sponge around here :)

6. Bad Robot

Senior Citizen

PSN:
    B8dRobot
    Hi Acegadets,
    Cool name by the way........ I'm from Yorkshire but brought up in S****horpe for my sins. Happily married with three children (my wife is Spanish and has something to do with the happily married part :mrgreen: ), soon to be 45 yrs old and I teach English. I met my wife whilst we were both living in Spain, she came to the UK to study English in the 90's and ended up working at the same place as me, the rest is history as they say :P

Hi Slaine,
    Thanks for the warm welcome. Yea I consider myself jammy living here. I do have Battlefield 3 and to be honest I haven't played it as often as I would like. The problem I found with it is my kids prefer 2/3 player mode which Battlefield 3 doesn't support so I'm limited to playing the game with them around :brick: Uncharted I haven't tried as yet, and no I don't have a 360.

Yea thats me ...... Although I couldn't get BadRobot as the PSN name so I had to go with B8dRobot instead, feel free to add me if you wish.

Hi Alien Chick,
    "bullet sponge" I love the quote but feel I could give you a run for your money on that one :woot: There are not that many things I miss about the UK, and the weather certainly isn't one of them :thumbup:

Geez it feels like home already :)

7. HERMAN_JELMET

HERMAN_JELMET Meatbag

PSN:
    HERMAN_JELMET
    FR sent, Feel free to spam out some invites, I think everyone's PSN Is under their name.

How did you find your way here? Is the propaganda working?

8. Slaine

Slaine Serious Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Torquemada
    Next time Im online I'll bung you a Friends request, or you could do likewise (my PSN id is Torquemada, just to confuse you). The way things work around here generally is an intro is posted, you spend a night in our company on a game, and hopefully you'll like what you see (ie hassle free gaming with people your own age) and then you're in.

Fancy some Battlefield 3 action? Whilst we could argue its the most played game over here, it certainly isnt the ONLY game played here. But if you want to get a game going with the majority of us then thats a good choice.

Of course, Uncharted 2 or 3 might be better as the comms are pretty good and its always good for a laugh too.

What do you reckon? Any preferences or something different?

9. Dogstar

Dogstar Regular Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Dogstar
    Welcome Bad Robot :D

We've only been going about a week so you found us fast! As Herman said how did you find out about us? I know we have fingers in various pies but its always good to know what works :lol:

If you fancy a game of something check out the events lists (can guests see this?). If not, we're playing Uncharted this Tuesday from about 8pm and Killzone 3 on Wednesday from about 8pm - we're nothing if not original on times ;)

I've only been to Spain a couple of times but loved it. In fact we're off to sunny Barcelona this September for the first time. Can't wait! 8-)

We like to game with potential new members before we let you into the inner sanctum, we're a sensitive lot! So, hope to see you online soon :wave:

10. Martok

Martok Board Game Addict

PSN:
    Martok-
    Welcome to the new place, Bad Robot!

Like others I am curious as to how you found us? We're only 1 week old and have just started advertising the place so we're interested in what is working or whether it was word-of-mouth.

BTW, are you a member of any community? If so, which one(s)? We have no problem with folk being members of other communities though we do ask full members to sport the [SNR] tag in online PS3 games.

If you've got Battlefield 3 then that would be a good way to meet you online so you can check us out. We've got our own BF3 server (just search for Senior Gamers or SNR) and you'll find it. Chuck out some Friends requests too, I'm sure we've all got space. I'll try to remember to add you when I'm next on. :)

11. Bad Robot

Senior Citizen

PSN:
    B8dRobot
    Thanks for the game invite this evening, I enjoyed being on the winning side :lol: but I must practice a bit to compete with you guys :oops:
    To answer the question on how I found you guys.
    I used to run a Clan on another forum but it was web based with a football theme but the site was taken down by the owners :rant: . It so happened that yesterday I was on the PS Network site and I saw a post regarding SNR and as I stated in the forum topic "Your right up my street"
    I'm not a prolific gamer, nor am I that good, but what you guys stand for is what I'm looking for right now. I can't compete with teenagers on MW3 or Fifa but I'll give it a go with you guys. I've never been an online gamer with the PS3, but I guess that is about to change.
    Oh and Battlefield 3 is a great game, better than I imagined it to be, thanks for opening my eyes :woot:

12. HERMAN_JELMET

HERMAN_JELMET Meatbag

PSN:
    HERMAN_JELMET
    No worries Robot :)
    Have you got a headset?

It's a lot more fun having a joke with the people you play with :)

You don't have to be good to have fun, Just ask Ace :D

13. Bad Robot

Senior Citizen

PSN:
    B8dRobot
    A head set is the next thing on my to do list, I've just bought a second PS3 so that I can play without the kids bullying me into letting them play their games :shock: I'll get a head set when the wife is over the shock of me buying the PS3 :errno:

14. ColSonders

ColSonders A.W.O.L.

PSN:
    ColSonders
    Yup you defo need a headset dude. Was good to see you on our server though, getting stuck in with the big boys.

Apologies too, I feel I may have gotten the better of you a few times :?

Get the server saved in your favourites and get yourself in there with us, especially once you get a headset so we can all have a laugh together, whether winning or losing and no doubt you'll see just how much more fun it is that way.

15. Acegadgets

Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Acegadgets
    Appologies for my behavior tonight, I only get Saturday nights to let my hair down and sometimes cheap booze mAKES ME say stuff that shoudnt say. Nice to have you onboard, I give the robot a vouch.

16. Jkrohn1

Jkrohn1 5P4M 80T
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    JKrohn1
    A headset would be a bonus, as Col said talking and having a bit of a joke makes the game more fun. Maybe soon once your wife forgives you for your purchase of a second PS3 lol.

If you think your crap at the game give it time once you start getting unlocks and new guns you will find one that works for you.

And Ace you always talk crap that's why we like you :lol:

17. Acegadgets

Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Acegadgets
    If you start getting into the game then take a look on
    http://www.bf3stats.com
    You can search for yourself or for anyone you played with, and also get a sig if you want one from there.

18. Spruijt

Spruijt Real men wear clogs
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Spruijt
    Welcome Robot, nice to meet you. Good to see you joining the others in a friendly game. I hope more will follow ;)

19. Martok

Martok Board Game Addict

PSN:
    Martok-
    Good to have you join us on the BF3 server last night, Bad Robot. :)

I'm glad you enjoyed playing Battlefield with us and it looked like it was your first time on the game? Have you just picked up the game? If so, what made you decide to buy it? You've obviously got Back to Karkland as you were playing on our standard maps + Karkland setup. Did you buy this in addition? Have you gone the whole hog and bought the Close Quarters DLC or even gone for Premium?

So, tell us more about the Clan you ran on another forum. Which forum was it and what was the Clan? Do tell us more about what you did on there. Also why did the site owners take it down?

I'm glad that our SNR clan thread is working on the PS forums. :) So, what made you choose this place over all of the others? There's a heck of a lot of communities to choose from in there!

We like to hear about folks' gaming history and you've mentioned a few bits briefly. Do tell us some more so us oldies can reminisce. You started with the Sinclair computers, which ones did you own/play on? Do you recall any other games apart from Manic Myna? I had two of these machines and have many fond memories of games on them. What about after that, did you just have an Amiga (and if so, what other games did you play). Any other early computers/consoles and games?

I'm always interested in how folks have developed in console gaming. Have you been a Sony fan throughout and played on the PS1, PS2 as well as the PS3? What games have you played on these? Have you dabbled on 'the dark side' with the XBox?

Do you have any other games on the PS3 besides GT5, Fifa 12 and MW3 and now Battlefield 3? How do you rate BF3 to MW3 now you have tried it? I often find folks are a fan of one or the other rather than both though that's not always the case. What are your favourite games that you have played on the PS3?

Sorry that there are lots of questions, which I hope you will answer. We do like to get to know folk who want to join this place and as we couldn't chat last night I thought it best to post the questions here.

I would highly recommend that you pick up a headset asap so we can chat and game with you. It also means that you can warn us of approaching enemies etc on BF3. We can also make sure that you're now a 14 year old trying to sneak into our new home to thrash us with your l33t gaming skills. ;) :lol:

20. Bad Robot

Senior Citizen

PSN:
    B8dRobot
    Hey fire away, I didn't take offense .... :rant: well only the once when someone called me Miguel (like in faulty towers) :crazy: How dare you :grandpa: Only joking of course :P , just goes to show whoever it was must have read my post and linked me to living with the Miquels of this world. I enjoyed the banter, and look forward to getting on there again. Headset coming this way soon ;)