• Welcome to Senior Gamers!

Senior Gamers [SNR] is a community for mature gamers aged 25+ years who primarily play on the PlayStation consoles.

We used this website from June 2012 until March 2020. Technology moved on during this time and we have now moved to Discord. If you are familiar with it already you'll know how quick and easy it is to use. If you haven't tried it yet, you really should!

You can browse this archived website to see what we posted over the years.

You can join us on Discord to see what we've posted more recently and to chat. Click on the link below to find us. We hope to see you there!

Senior Gamers Discord

Jolly good evening chaps,,, what what...

Wizzy

Regular Gamer
Reaction score
Hello everyone,
Well where to begin .... My name is Dave Aka wizzy or divvydave. Been gaming since (eeeek) ZX81 back in the days when my knees didn't crack every time I get out my chair. Absolutely love gaming admitted not an elite type player more casual fun or to those clans and teams I've been in previously in the past code name Cannon Fodder. I am now 49 yes big 50 this year but still feel 30ish. Game types I like are driving shooting platform and RPGs mainly but will try anything as long as it ain't cack. I love curries caffreys and jellies lots of jellies just a note for you if ya need a hand with anything that's pretty much the way to go. I believe there's a few friends already in your residency and main reason for signing up, to join in the fun of gaming.
Currently I only have the PS4 as I sold the ps3 and xbox to fund the next generation at the moment not one miliscule of regret.
Anyway hope to see / hear you soon.

Bi-eck 150 words hope there's enough there for you to mull over.

Thanks for Reading Dave.

Martok

Board Game Addict
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Welcome, @Wizzy :waving:

I remember you from OAP, though I think it's a few years since we would have last played together. I'm not sure what it would have been on - Socom, or Hardware: Online Arena maybe?

So, how did you find us? Was it one of our reprobates pointing you in our direction?

What games are you currently playing on the PS4? Battlefield 4 seems to be the popular choice with the Seniors at the moment, though we also play some Killzone: Shadow Fall. You'll find events for both of these in our Events section - do feel free to sign up and come along. :)

I'll assume as an OAP that you're after standard membership rather than full, which you've now got by signing up to the site. Please feel free to have a look around, join in some discussions or even start your own. You're welcome to join in our events, so do chuck out some Friends Requests.

Hope to see you online soon. :D

zoob

I fight for the Users!
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Ola Dave. It will be a wee while yet until I take the PS4 plunge but it'll be good to jump in with such experience when I do!

Jkrohn1

5P4M 80T
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Welcome Izzy Wizzy Lets Get Dizzy :D

Another Multiplatform gamer changed to a single platform, I have kind of done the same although thanks to PS+ I dont want to get rid of my PS3 yet as there are too many good free games kicking around now. So what games do you have for your PS4? I will assume either Killzone or Battlefield or are you a CoD kind of guy? Not many Driving games out for the PS4 yet i think we are all waiting for Drive Club (Why Is It Taking So Long).

Anyway hope to see you online ;)

Acegadgets

Not so serious gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Hey wizzy , do you know that Caffreys is only £6.99 for a case in B and M bargains at the moment. I usually drink it but they have got four bottles of out of date Fosters Radler for a quid at the moment.

Slaine

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Hi Wizzy nice to meet you.:waving:

Hope to get a game or two with you online soon. And don't worry about being outclassed, because you won't be. No seriously, you really won't be!!:oops:

Dogstar

Regular Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Wizzy wizz! :yahoo:Welcome to seniors matey. Good intro by the way...um...jellies. We usually have killzone games on Wednesdays and Battlefield games are pretty regular. I've not been playing multiplayer much lately as finishing off some single player games but hope to be on more soon. Have you tried Outlast? It made a nice change of pace

Spruijt

Real men wear clogs
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Welcome to SNR Wizzy!

Wizzy

Regular Gamer
Reaction score
Thanks Dogstar :gamer: Indeed Jeliies ... And yes martok I do remember the so com and hardware days was lots of fun oh the days of beta testing bi-eck there was some rubbish we tested though war hammer eeeek .. Thanks everyone for the great reception, the games I own on ps4 are BF4, KZ, Knack, infamous, rayman legends, and all of the PS+ freebies and a little zen pinball yes I did say pinball not quite next gen lol, but lots of fun. Love to join in on some online action and I not sure what ya mean by standard or full martok but just wanted to be round players with same attitude have a laugh a bit o banter and a few kills lol well I do make a good distraction .

Again thanks hope to see you all soon.

Wizzy

Regular Gamer
Reaction score
Blinking eck hi ya Col aye been a while nice to see ya mate.

Plaxinator

Wino extraordinaire
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Hello Wizzy, nice to meet you. Do you have BF4 premium? If so then we have an event tonight to play with the new DLC.
Zen pinball is actually popular here. Quite a few of us have it. Be warned though, @HaloJ is an absolute beast on it.

HaloJ

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Hey Wizzy nice to see you again, feel free to chuck me a friends request.

Hello Wizzy, nice to meet you. Do you have BF4 premium? If so then we have an event tonight to play with the new DLC.
Zen pinball is actually popular here. Quite a few of us have it. Be warned though, @HaloJ is an absolute beast on it.
I've not really played Zen Pinball on the PS4 as I can only play in the back bedroom due to not having a Plus subscription. Also, why did they remove some of the awesome tables? I think I've only played Blade and Boba Fett on the PS4. :o

Abs

Martok

Board Game Addict
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
not sure what ya mean by standard or full martok but just wanted to be round players with same attitude have a laugh a bit o banter and a few kills
Check out the About Us page, which explains about Senior Gamers and the standard and full membership options. I have assumed though that you'd be after standard membership unless you let us know otherwise.

Watch out for @HaloJ on Zen Pinball, if you beat her scores she'll play the table for hours until she beats you back. :lol:

Wizzy

Regular Gamer
Reaction score
Hee hee , I see a challenge incoming ... My PSN is OAPwizz to the people that remember OAP was the name we adopted for beta testing , tried putting my name to something more generic but all my titles are taken damn those people pinching my names. But anyway feel free to send a FR if ya could add SNR in the message area I,ll add you.

No I didn't get the premium BF4 plax do I need it? To join in I mean.

c00ky

Good for target practice
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Hiya Wizzy! Yes today is Premium BF4 worshippers of new DLC, mine is already downloading (might test it during lunch), otherwise I will be online late tonight acting as Cols portable target...

Wizzy

Regular Gamer
Reaction score
May have to leave that for a bit then as funds are a bit low ATM... Still, sure I will be seeing you online soon.

Wizzy

Regular Gamer
Reaction score
Cooky wow another name with great memories hi mate great to see you mate ;) . Is there not spectator mode or was that something in rumours before the ps4 launch.