Vita Joining the Vita crew

zoob

I fight for the Users!
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Not a bargain, just a yay! I'm joining the Vita crew due to a 40th pressie falling through.
Should be here in time for heading up to Orkney, so no need to lug the PS3 & projector.

Getting the Tearaway (& LBP) bundle & I'll be downloading all the previously "purchased"
PS+ titles that I've been stockpiling too, so that should keep me busy until Soul Sacrifice
releases later this month.

Woot!

Any recommendations (other than Tearaway, Gravity Rush & Soul Sacrifice) anybody?

Martok

Board Game Addict
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
@zoob I've moved your post to a separate thread and put it in with Hardware and Other Games. Folks can then give you plenty of advice and suggestions for games to buy on the Vita. :)

farfromsane

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Not a bargain, just a yay! I'm joining the Vita crew due to a 40th pressie falling through.
Should be here in time for heading up to Orkney, so no need to lug the PS3 & projector.

Getting the Tearaway (& LBP) bundle & I'll be downloading all the previously "purchased"
PS+ titles that I've been stockpiling too, so that should keep me busy until Soul Sacrifice
releases later this month.

Woot!

Any recommendations (other than Tearaway, Gravity Rush & Soul Sacrifice) anybody?
Tearaway is a fantastic game. Make sure you give Gravity Rush a good play through it's a very good game and Kat is kind of cute

Plaxinator

Wino extraordinaire
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Pinball Arcade and Zen Pinball 2 are favourites of mine. Plants v Zombies is totally awesome on the Vita (I've platinumed it). Also Super Stardust if you. Like scrolling shooters.

zoob

I fight for the Users!
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Cheers @Martok.

Aye, Tearaway, Gravity Rush & Uncharted will be in the immediate list for Orkney, plus a handful of Minis/Mobile titles.

@Plaxinator - is SSHD crossplay? If so, bonza!

There are a few there, such as Flower, Stealth Inc & Thomas Was Alone that I intend to jump into too.

Have to say that the current Vita line up is quite impressive & the fact that most of them are free, makes it even more attractive. Had thought about the PS4 instead but there simply is very little on the WANT list at present & it'll cost me more immediately!

Plaxinator

Wino extraordinaire
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Cheers @Martok.

Aye, Tearaway, Gravity Rush & Uncharted will be in the immediate list for Orkney, plus a handful of Minis/Mobile titles.

@Plaxinator - is SSHD crossplay? If so, bonza!

There are a few there, such as Flower, Stealth Inc & Thomas Was Alone that I intend to jump into too.

Have to say that the current Vita line up is quite impressive & the fact that most of them are free, makes it even more attractive. Had thought about the PS4 instead but there simply is very little on the WANT list at present & it'll cost me more immediately!
No, alas Super Stardust is not Crossplay. Sound shapes and Motorstorm RC are but I'm not really keen on either.

zoob

I fight for the Users!
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
No, alas Super Stardust is not Crossplay. Sound shapes and Motorstorm RC are but I'm not really keen on either.
Shame. I do like SSHD but don't really have the pennies at the mo.

Think I'll save for the FFX release plus pay off my Argos card so I can buy a PS4 before next Chrimble.

Also, I've just picked up a Hori Grip Attachment as my big mitts had problems with the PSP & this isn't (much?) bigger! Interestingly though, my Note 2 has a bigger screen. It's all about the controls though - not keen on wholly touch-screen stuff, including Killzone Mercenary, I had a shot of that at the weekend.

zoob

I fight for the Users!
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Any recommendations for portable charging?

Sadly the coach doesn't have power points but assuming I can bagsy them, the overnight ferry & train back do.

Slaine

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Uncharted on the Vita is still the best game by a long chalk. Unit 13, Assassins Creed, Most Wanted, Tearaway, Walking Dead etc are all superb too. The COD game is more Spec Ops missions rather than the full blown campaign, and the multiplayer isnt up to the job of its big brothers. Killzone Mercernaries is another must, and the multiplayer is almost as good as the PS3 versions. Resistance is also serverely underrated IMHO, but if you hate the series with a passion then this isnt going to win you over. And as people have stated here, hopefully youll benefit from Cross Buy and get Flower/Flow/etc for nowt.

Make sure you're a PS+ member as the number of games I have now is just ridiculous. Definitely worth the money if you have a PS3, PS4 and a Vita. Although I could live without Blazblue Continuum Shift Extend & Soul Sacrifice (new Vita games to be updated on 24th December) if the truth be known.

ChrissPeacock

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Any recommendations for portable charging?
Bought my sister a Freeloader a while back, seems pretty good. She doesn't use a Vita though so check compatibility.

zoob

I fight for the Users!
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Bought my sister a Freeloader a while back, seems pretty good. She doesn't use a Vita though so check compatibility.
Will do. The official one is around 40GBP online so that will have to wait until after I get back.

@Slaine - gotcha, don't worry. I've been "purchasing" everything on PS+ since whenever I started the sub (a while ago). Nice back catalogue of Vita games & hopefully the same when PS4 comes out.

The bundle comes with 16GB memory stick, which should do for a bit but looking at prices, I'm more tempted to pick up a couple more of same size than fork out for 64GB.

zoob

I fight for the Users!
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
So I've downloaded a stack to the PS3 in anticipation - off the top of my head, Gravity Rush, WipEout 2048, Touch My Katamari, Sonic All-Stars & a couple of wee titles. Don't think I spotted Uncharted so will pop back online in morning before I head.
There's a few more I have queued but paused as I don't know if the Vita needs that stupid "twice the space" thingiemabobbit that the PS3 does?

Slaine

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
@zoob prepare to run out of space real fast!!! I've got a 16gb and a 32gb memory cards and still cant fit all my crap on there.

Oh yeah Lego Lord of the Rings is also bloody good too. My favourite feature of the Vita is having multiple apps open. The game freezes when you press the home button allowing you to say view trophies and watch YouTube. The ps4 and ps3 connectivity isn't too shabby either

zoob

I fight for the Users!
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
@zoob prepare to run out of space real fast!!! I've got a 16gb and a 32gb memory cards and still cant fit all my crap on there.
Aye, realised that this morning - about 2/3 through d/l 30GB worth! Yikes! Not enough hours in the day!

Oh yeah Lego Lord of the Rings is also bloody good too.
Stopped just a couple of titles short of this chronologically in the Download list. I'll try to Whittle the chaff out then add this tonight!

zoob

I fight for the Users!
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
browsing on my Vita. card full already!

zoob

I fight for the Users!
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Initial impressions are very impressive.

Plaxinator

Wino extraordinaire
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I've also joined the Vita crew! Looking forward to trying out the remote play later. :)
It works at last! I have played Resogun and single player campaign on BF4 via remote play so far. I managed it at Mr Plax's house. You need to have a decent internet connection or it will regularly drop the connection or break up.