Jesus Christ Dillonstar...!

Dillonstar

Semi-Regular Gamer
Reaction score
Awrite fogies!

Although I've already been granted the Ally status, I was asked to do a wee intro for all you strangers out there, so here goes!

I'm D*, I'm 40 and I hail from frozen wastes of the north, just outside Glasgow. I'm married to the lovely Mrs D* and have a wee boy, Z* who's nearly two.

During the day, I'm a senior MI analyst for Tesco Bank, and at night I'm a lover of mothers!

My gaming started when I was a little 'un, and I'll put up the highlights rather than the full shebang!

ZX81

3D Monster Maze! Arrrggghhhh scary!
Commodore 64

Paradriod
Wizball
Impossible Mission (STAY A WHILE etc)
Delta
Gribbleys Day Out
Elite

Atari ST

Elite (Frontier)
Mostly used the ST for Cubase rather than gaming

Then all the playstations!

In terms of playing games with others, my first online experience was playing Worms on the PC. On the PS2, we used to have Timesplitter LAN parties which really was the next step to online gaming.

Once I finally got a router etc for the PS2, I ventured onto OAP, and despite never really wanting to play 'War Games', I got hooked on Socom2. Those really were the days! Pretty much played S2 every night of the week, except when the odd Timesplitters or Killzone game was created.

These days, I'll play anything that my online pals will play!

I have to say, I'm sad that OAP has splintered into two groups, but glad to see your site up and running, especially with folk like Ace and Col feelig part of a community again.

The next time I see DucknCover, Astral or Boethius, I'll point them over here! 8-)

See you around

D*

Spruijt

Real men wear clogs
Senior Citizen
Donator
Reaction score
D*, always nice to see you my Irish friend ;)

Acegadgets

Not so serious gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
nice to see you again mr star. would be nice to get a Bo or. some other nutter in from time to time. great entertainment. Elite has had a few mentions on here. its suprising no one has tried to make a console version.

Slaine

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Hi D* glad you made your way over here.

I used to love the Timesplitters games, such a shame its unlikely therell be other one.

Good to hear from you, and heres hoping we get a game or two together again soon. :1thumbup:

HaloJ

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Great intro D*! Bringing back a lot of memories there.

Paradroid the basis for Quazratron. Superb title! Utterly loved the logic battles. Wizball was another absolutely classic of innovation and following that up with Frontier another technological marvel if marred with game breaking bugs.

You know I dream of the day of an HD remake of TimeSplitters. Wasn't your character of choice Robert One-Oh-Seven or where you that damn duck?

I'd happily take DnC but if you don't mind, please keep Boe for yourself. :wtf:

Lovely to see you over here and great that you're feeling better. Let's get together and game soon.

Abs

DarthRaiden666

Warlock, Jedi, Sith... #66 PNMotorsport
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Hello D* see you on Socom soon ;) then enjoy the banter in the dead zone.

Dogstar

Regular Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Welcome D*, good to hear from you :waving:

I really liked Paradroid too some random synapse has reminded me of Uridium too!

Anyway, was too late to vouch you in but maybe catch you online sometime :1thumbup:

HERMAN_JELMET

Meatbag
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
D*! One of my faves, Now I demand you do another intro, this time In an English accent. :lol:

Alien_Chick

Regular Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Hey Dillonstar,

good to see you on here :)

Cheers, AC

Needa3

Casual Gamer
Reaction score
don't let D* in. He leaves his pee everywhere :lol:

Martok

Board Game Addict
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Hi again folks! Thought I'd give this a bump as I'm now the proud owner of a ps4! Look forward to seeing you lot online!

D*
Welcome back, @Dillonstar :)

I hope you're enjoying the new machine. What games have you got for it? Current popular ones around here are Destiny, GTA V, Warframe and Battlefield and there are other games also being played (Diablo 3, Alien Isolation etc).

Slaine

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Hi @Dillonstar that's awesome news. Can't wait to get a game or two online again soon

Dillonstar

Semi-Regular Gamer
Reaction score
Just got Destiny and Drive Club so far, but will likely some others soon, particularly FIFA. Good to hear from you again guys. See you on the dance floor!

D*

Spruijt

Real men wear clogs
Senior Citizen
Donator
Reaction score
Long time no see D*. How's life? Little one a big boy already?

zoob

I fight for the Users!
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Ola D* - am missing Glasgow & free time at present but hopefully catch you online at some point this year.