XBOne Ive got an Xbox One!!!!

Slaine

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I am currently typing this from my new Xbone. Not sure who's got one or not, but feel free to add me or post below. My username is OAP Slaine.
I couldn't resist the lure of the Masterchief Collection any more.:oops:

Martok

Board Game Addict
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I'm not sure what I'm more disgusted at, the succumbing to an XBone or not changing your Live username. :roll: ;)

Slaine

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score

Plaxinator

Wino extraordinaire
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I was very tempted, but then PSN started working again.

WetPaintGaming

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
You are now banished to the cupboard under the stairs with nothing but your ex-bone and a old 14" crt Tv.
Luxury !!

Welcome to the GREEN (?) side of gaming rather than the blue.

My XBL gamertag is TMS LW198 so either send a FR there if I haven't got round to sending one to you before. That way we can barely ever play together on TWO console formats rather than just one.

Bogus4Real

Help with spellign, anyone!?
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
image.jpg

(...but, between you and me, I wouldn't mind some Master Chief...)

Slaine

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Well my sons got one you see, which means I get to play all his games for nothing, like Dead Rising, Ryse, Forza Horizon 2, COD Advanced Warfare and of course Titanfall. I might have to buy Halo 5 as he's not a fan, but I'll definitely get to play Gears Of War for nothing.
My ps4 will always be my main console. I'm just greedy.
@Martok Xbox charge you £6.70 for a name change so sod that!!!

yinkin

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
OAP slaine is not a gamertag, its a description. Xbox one, never heard of it ?

Sportsvee

Has a Fan....
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Not a good start to 2015 if it's with an X-Bone.
He's finally cracked.

Sad day indeed.

Btw, are you on drugs?

Slaine

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Thoroughly enjoying the Masterchief Collection. The Xbone isn't too shabby. Its got some nice features. I don't think the video sharing is as easy as on the ps4. Also, you cant capture screen shots!:o Even stranger, you can no longer send voice messages.:shock:But the snap feature is pretty awesome.
I see the store hasn't improved since the 360. It used to be awesome. Very well laid out. But now you have to use the search function, as browsing involves going through endless amounts of tiles.
When you back put to the Home screen, it puts all games and apps in a frozen state like the Vita does. Very off putting, as pressing B too many times reopens the last thing too.
No room for themes anymore, and avatars are completely hidden away now. I actually liked the Xbox avatars. Oh well:cry:
I do like the library function. It shows how much hdd space you have by percentile as well as actual GB.
The controller is completely different. In fact, the ps4 controller is more akin to the 360. I do like it, especially the new headset which is a sweet bit of kit.
The friends list is awesome, as is the showcase function, which is basically pictures, videos etc linked permanently to your profile which gives you a nice flavour for what sort of gamer you are.
I know I've always harped on about how theres little merit having both consoles, bearing in mind that the number of exclusives available are negligible. But I've pretty much got it for next to nowt as my ps3 and all its trimmings is now gone. Plus as I said; my son is a prolific game buyer. He buys more games than me.:lol: So I'll get to try out a load more games now.
Next games for me are Spartan Assault and Magic The Gathering 2015. After that, back to the ps4 for The Order in February. ;)

Plaxinator

Wino extraordinaire
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Is the dashboard still spammed with crappy adverts?

Slaine

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Is the dashboard still spammed with crappy adverts?
No. I saw one in the store, but other than that none. The dashboard is very minimalistic, and theres a lot less content than on the 360.
The Halo Channel (previously Halo Waypoint) is very slick. Been enjoying that Ridley Scott production of Halo Nightfall, a live action series.
Oh yeah, a lot of the apps actually earn you achievements by the way. All very bizarre. Theres also challenges now too, which takes achievements even further.