1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Senior Gamers!

We are a community for mature gamers who primarily play online games on PlayStation consoles (PS4, PS3, PS Vita). You can find out more in our About Us section.

If you are new to the site, why not register? By doing so and being an active member you can view the site without adverts, make posts and more. You can register here and even do so using Facebook, Twitter or Google+!

Its way past my bedtime

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by el NEAVE o, 3 Jul 2012.

1. el NEAVE o

el NEAVE o Newbie Gamer

PSN:
    elNEAVEo
    Hello all, Neave here. Just thought that I would pop in and say hello and wish you luck in your new venture :wave:

Im a kick in the arse off 40 years old, married with a 1 yearold baby girl.
    My gaming history starts with an Atari 2600 woody but I do remember pong, so we must have borrowed it from someone then my parents relised how the game shut us up and bought us an Atari. Games for that were combat, pacman, space invaders, ice breaker and my fav was Asteroids.
    I moved onto the Comadore 64 with games like kickstart, finders keepers, nodes of yesod(think thats what it was?), impossible mission and more that I forget.
    There was a small flurtation period with Sega master systems when I was 18ish playing Duck Hunt, Alex kid and Moonwalker but that was knocked on the head by pubs, clubs and lovley ladys.
    The PS1 was a non starter for me although I did have a bash at some racing games on it but alas I was and still am crap at the racing games....unless some harmless contact is permitted :lol:

A secondhand fat PS2 came my way and I thought wow gaming has changed alot. The games that came with it were pants though(prisoner of war, wipeout, golf game and a racing game) but my friend lent me Call of Duty medal of honour and from then on I was hooked on the shooters :thumbup:

Gaming time is way to short at the mo as life is busy. Im a bit of a petrol head also and enjoy working on my old jeloppys when I can. At least i can get onto car forums at work because any gaming forum is a no no as they are all blocked :rant:

Well both my typing fingers are sore now and im off to bed.
    Hope to catch up with the SNR for some games in the future. Keep safe, pease out.

Russ

2. Slaine

Slaine Serious Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Torquemada
    Hi elNEAVEo, nice to meet you :thumbup:

3. roger947

roger947 Semi-Regular Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    rogerjones947
    Hi el NEAVE o :wave:

I don't know if your familiar with any of the members here, but if your not, they really are a good bunch of people to game and chat with :thumbup:

4. ColSonders

ColSonders A.W.O.L.
    Staff Member Senior Citizen

PSN:
    ColSonders
    Long time no see Neave.

Hope you're keeping well.

5. Martok

Martok Board Game Addict
    Staff Member Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Martok-
    Welcome to the Senior Gamers site, Neave!

Blimey mate, where have you been? I've not played with you in ages, where have you been?

I think the last thing I played online with you was Borderlands. I'm sure you joined me and HaloJ one evening of gunning and looting a while back.

Am I right in thinking you used to play Timesplitters with us back in the PS2 days? What a great game that was, such a shame they haven't re-made it on the PS3. :cry:

What are you up to these days on the PS3 when you get time to play? Have you got Battlefield 3 or are you a Modern Warfare 3 player? Anything else?

Now, you've not made it clear in your intro if you're just popping in to wish us well of if you are seeking with Ally status or full fat Senior Citizens membership. If you could let us know what you would like, that would be great.

If you are going for Ally or Senior Citizens, let me be the first to vouch for you. :)

6. HaloJ

HaloJ Serious Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    HaloJ
    Hello Neave love. :D Glad you're keeping well, it has indeed been a while since we gamed! As Martok says last time was at some point on Borderlands. Very much looking forward to the second outing of that title! :D

Thanks for the good wishes, hope to game with you soon.

Abs

7. Dogstar

Dogstar Regular Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Dogstar
    Hey Neave, thanks for calling in :D

I see you online from time to time but we're playing different games currently. Didn't we play pretty regularly on PS3 at one point? Rainbow Six Vegas if I remember? I seem to remember you being extremely good at SOCOM in days gone by? Assuming that was you on PS2? :lol:

Like Halo and others looking forward to Borderlands 2 unless game with you before then!

8. el NEAVE o

el NEAVE o Newbie Gamer

PSN:
    elNEAVEo
    Hello Slaine nice to meet you again. I did have you (Torquemada) on my friends list at one point but I could not remember who Torquemada was so I deleted you as some random that i played with when I was drunk :oops:

cheers for the heads up roger947 :thumbup: , I do know a few of the peeps here and recognise some of the names too although I have not gamed with them, well to the best of my drunken memory.

Col, good to see ya again. I am keeping very well thanks, hope you are too? :thumbup:

https://sites.google.com/a/klingonword.org/klv/klv-klingon-standard-vocabulary

Ello Love :wave: :wave: We did indeed play Borderlands at one point and I am lookin out for the second coming of that game and even more so time to play it! I can see it now, everyone will be ranked up to the max with good guns and there will be me with no health bar and a pea shooter :woot: :clap:

I did pop into a BF3 game with you, Martok and some ramdom others at one point but the coms were crap, as is my hearing :(

9. HaloJ

HaloJ Serious Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    HaloJ
    Ah Vegas, how I loved you. I played both Vegas and Vegas 2 to death. The next Rainbow 6 I feel is currently looking a bit of a dog with it's quicktime cutscenes. I hope they can pull it out of the bag and get some cracking tactical terror hunting together. Still gutted that I lost my rank Elite save of R6V2. I stumbled upon BF3's save not being copyable last night as I was on the second console whilst Martok gamed in the lounge. Luckily though Dice have included profile and loadout uploading to their servers so everything transferred nicely. Battlefields comms and the game in general seem almost fully fixed (except that blasted audio dropout bug) :rant:

May I ask, what's the origin of you Xbox username?

I've taken the liberty of greening you up and hope to shoot you soon.

Abs x

10. Slaine

Slaine Serious Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Torquemada
    :rofl: Thats brilliant!!!

You know I checked my FL and couldve sworn I had you on there, but then my mind isnt what it was. :grandpa: No worries, next time Im on I'll bung you another Friends Request :thumbup:

Yes my biggest regret was choosing that name. I fancied a change and everyone was doing it at the time too. As soon as Sony let you change your name (if they ever do), Im changing it back. Well, I'll probably have to change it to "Slaine-" or some such nonsense. I want to drop the OAP from my gamertag too, but Microsoft want to charge me £6 for the trouble. :rant:

11. el NEAVE o

el NEAVE o Newbie Gamer

PSN:
    elNEAVEo
    You have got me unsure if you are still on my friends list now or not :? I would have some great memories if I could only remember them! :grandpa: ;)

Yes you may.
    It is Aberdonian slang for "who is that?",
    FA=who
    AT=that
    the zzzzz is what blends it together. fitsat= what is that? :)
    In my head it goes something like this, fazat? Its me yi bam!
    It is possible that the "T" may become silent with consumption of alcohol or speed talking he he :wave:
    Oh and thanks for the greening me up :thumbup:

12. DarthRaiden666

DarthRaiden666 Warlock, Jedi, Sith... #66 PNMotorsport
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Darth_Raiden
    Hello Neavo, long time no shoot or been shot by on Socom.

13. el NEAVE o

el NEAVE o Newbie Gamer

PSN:
    elNEAVEo
    Well hello to you too. Man it gets my old brain confused with all the name changes, maby I should change to fazat on the PS3 but as that account was set up with my old work email it may be a wee bit of a problem to do :)

14. Needa3

Needa3 Casual Gamer

PSN:
    Thib07

I think he just doesn't want to play with you Martok ;)