PS4 It's here...

Acegadgets

Not so serious gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
has it sold out everywhere? If so does anyone know when the next batch are likely to hit the shops?

DrewePeacock

May contain sarcasm
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
There appears to be a few places that have additional stock. Tesco & ASDA seem to have some.

The console itself is superb. It's easy to set up and looks stunning. I've only played BF4 so far (64 players + new controller layout + new sensitivity settings = shite DrewePeacock :) ) but it really does look amazing. There have been a couple of sound drop outs on BF4, but we know the game has issues.

I've set up the Playstation App with my PS4, and downloaded Resogun from that. It works really well.

I can confirm that 2 consoles need 2 PS+ accounts unfortunately. I was hoping that my sub-account would work for Giv's PS4, but it doesn't.

The camera is cool, and the face recognition is excellent.

So, yeah. Looking forward to trying Killzone tomorrow. See some of you in the Battlefield! Just don't rely on me for help... :D

mrdjmo

Semi-Regular Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Nice mate, mines in a depot far far away lol just waiting egarley for my dpd txt now!

Slaine

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Nice mate, mines in a depot far far away lol just waiting egarley for my dpd txt now!
Mine too. Just a mere 7 miles away from me now. Exciting!!! I was up at 2am this morning. I feel like a kid at Christmas again.

mrdjmo

Semi-Regular Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Wife just went to work she turns to me just before leaving and says "now go back to bed for a bit, if you get up this early you'll be tired later" ha

HaloJ

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I can confirm that 2 consoles need 2 PS+ accounts unfortunately. I was hoping that my sub-account would work for Giv's PS4, but it doesn't
I understood it that the plus user must use the secondary machine. Sub accounts only work on the primary machine. Plus users are allowed to play online anywhere. So whichever machine you registered as primary is Givi's.

Primary machine sub player
Secondary machine plus player

Abs

yinkin

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Yay I`m now old school, ps3 for me still. Fashionably late, thats me, never one to follow the herd, not a lemming, oh no not me. You kids and your fancy whiz bang gadgets crack me up, no I`m not bitter or remotely envious, pah humbug

Plaxinator

Wino extraordinaire
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Yay I`m now old school, ps3 for me still. Fashionably late, thats me, never one to follow the herd, not a lemming, oh no not me. You kids and your fancy whiz bang gadgets crack me up, no I`m not bitter or remotely envious, pah humbug
I'm not jealous either! The only game I'd be in interested in is BF4 which I can get on PS3 anyway! So nope, not remotely jealous *at ALL*

DrewePeacock

May contain sarcasm
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Yeah, you're right. That should work. I was bear of little brain when I was setting them up. Luckily we used a free trial to get around it, so we haven't spent money on it yet.

I'll test it later and will let you know what happens.

mrdjmo

Semi-Regular Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Just had a txt from DPD 2pm-3pm delivery my fauly for living in the sticks!!

Slaine

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Just had a txt from DPD 2pm-3pm delivery my fauly for living in the sticks!!
I can beat that. Bloody 3 to 4pm:rant:

Oh well, I've waited this long I suppose.

mrdjmo

Semi-Regular Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I know piss take isn't it even worse battlefield 4 just popped through my letterbox FFS ;)

mrdjmo

Semi-Regular Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Mine's just arrives setting up new hard disk now being a right ****!

Plaxinator

Wino extraordinaire
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I've just been into town to buy some guitar strings. Just on a whim I popped into Game to enquire when they'd have some PS4s in stock. I was told that they might have some surplus stock after 5pm if people don't come and pick up their preorders. The chap said to come before 5pm to queue and added my name and number to the list. I was like well down the bottom but hey ho. If I feel like a sad loser later I may well go and join a queue.

Acegadgets

Not so serious gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
So, did you manage to get one?

Plaxinator

Wino extraordinaire
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I got one! You had to buy a "Mega bundle" though (£550). The only consoles that had left were bundled with Knack. Looks crap, but never mind. I made up my deficit by getting a camera and copies of BF4, KZ and a Lego game which was half price.

I am so weak willed! I only went to get some guitar strings!

Have to go out for a meal in a bit so probably won't get a chance to play with it until tomorrow.