It's a Bargain

Acegadgets

Not so serious gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
A thread for putting on great bargains or offers that you've come across . Not just games and accessories, but ANYTHING that you consider to be a bargain. Post it here and share it with your friends. :woot:

Plaxinator

Wino extraordinaire
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Well if you're a PC player then Steam has loads of bargains on at the moment with their summer sale. I've had to refrain from buying everything. Borderlands currently £4.99 (already have the PS3 version other wise would be sorely tempted). Battlefield 2 currently £7.49. Mad Max 3 was £14.99 yesterday but I procrastinated over that too long and it is now £20.09.
Plants V Zombies was £1.74 yesterday but is now £3.49 for GOTY edition, still a steal at that price, I love that game so much I have it on Vita, PC and PS3!

Slaine

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Dance On Broadway is £1.04 from Amazon. Play along to 27+ of the best songs from all the Broadway shows. Dance, act and perform Broadway choreography with your PS3 Move controller. Show the world your a Friend Of Dorothys.

Wilks

Regular Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Just ordered 'Medal of Honor Warfighter Limited Edition' from ToysRus for £30.32 by entering discount code 'JULY20'.

I can't see me finding it any cheaper than that. If there is negative feedback closer to the release date I can just cancel the order.

Acegadgets

Not so serious gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Thanks Wilks 20% off is a good saving, For some reason it wouldn't accept my Paypal so used a card. Are we paying in advance, or when its dispatched?
Also searched for borderlands 2 but they dont seem to have it.

Wilks

Regular Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Acegadgets said:
Thanks Wilks 20% off is a good saving, For some reason it wouldn't accept my Paypal so used a card. Are we paying in advance, or when its dispatched?
Also searched for borderlands 2 but they dont seem to have it.
I'm not sure if you pay in advance, I've not used them before but it's usually on dispatch.

ColSonders

A.W.O.L.
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I've heard good things about that headset, it's a simple stereo headset that's not trying to be clever with pretendy surround sound.

It's not got a power supply though so you'll probably be quite limited to max volume (although I ten to have my Sharkoons at their absolute minimum anyway).

For £30 you surely can't go wrong though? A headset, even in stereo gives you a distinct advantage over a full audio system or TV audio because you can hear all the subtle noises like quiet footsteps that are generally lost on bigger systems due to the volume of other noises.

Acegadgets

Not so serious gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I have a broken set of those. Got them on offer with Brink when it came aout and was full price @ 39.99 / I opaid £49.99 with the headphoes.
Very comfortable, nice sound but as they are corded , a bit of a faff on to put the wires in the TV and PS3. The conection into one side is now loose so i replaced them as the sound went on and off.
Bought the "imitation 7.1 suround sound" Cordless chat headphones fom sony. Made exclusively for the PS3. They are amazing, and have great controls. £69.99.

Bad Robot

Semi-Regular Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
SHROUD said:
Heard good things about Turtle Beach headphones and saw this on Shopto:

http://www.shopto.net/PS3/ACCESSORIES/PS3EA07-Turtle Beach Ear Force P11 Amplified Gaming Headset for PS3.html

Tempted, has anyone on here got experience with them?
I bought these headphones only a fortnight ago, they suit my setup nicely but as Acer gadgets says they are corded and it can be a nuisance for some. Good sound, very comfortable. I actually use them for my music collection too when I'm in the mood :1thumbup: