1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Senior Gamers!

We are a community for mature gamers who primarily play online games on PlayStation consoles (PS4, PS3, PS Vita). You can find out more in our About Us section.

If you are new to the site, why not register? By doing so and being an active member you can view the site without adverts, make posts and more. You can register here and even do so using Facebook, Twitter or Google+!

It's a Bargain

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Acegadgets, 14 Jul 2012.

1. Acegadgets

Acegadgets Not so serious gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Acegadgets
    A thread for putting on great bargains or offers that you've come across . Not just games and accessories, but ANYTHING that you consider to be a bargain. Post it here and share it with your friends. :woot:

2. Acegadgets

Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Acegadgets
  3. Plaxinator

Plaxinator Wino extraordinaire
    Staff Member Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Plaxinator
    Well if you're a PC player then Steam has loads of bargains on at the moment with their summer sale. I've had to refrain from buying everything. Borderlands currently £4.99 (already have the PS3 version other wise would be sorely tempted). Battlefield 2 currently £7.49. Mad Max 3 was £14.99 yesterday but I procrastinated over that too long and it is now £20.09.
    Plants V Zombies was £1.74 yesterday but is now £3.49 for GOTY edition, still a steal at that price, I love that game so much I have it on Vita, PC and PS3!

4. Slaine

Slaine Serious Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Torquemada
    Dance On Broadway is £1.04 from Amazon. Play along to 27+ of the best songs from all the Broadway shows. Dance, act and perform Broadway choreography with your PS3 Move controller. Show the world your a Friend Of Dorothys.

5. Wilks

Wilks Regular Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Wilks
    Just ordered 'Medal of Honor Warfighter Limited Edition' from ToysRus for £30.32 by entering discount code 'JULY20'.

I can't see me finding it any cheaper than that. If there is negative feedback closer to the release date I can just cancel the order.

6. Acegadgets

Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Acegadgets
    Thanks Wilks 20% off is a good saving, For some reason it wouldn't accept my Paypal so used a card. Are we paying in advance, or when its dispatched?
    Also searched for borderlands 2 but they dont seem to have it.

7. Wilks

Wilks Regular Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Wilks
    I'm not sure if you pay in advance, I've not used them before but it's usually on dispatch.

8. SHROUD

SHROUD Regular Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Shroud
  9. ColSonders

ColSonders A.W.O.L.
    Staff Member Senior Citizen

PSN:
    ColSonders
    I've heard good things about that headset, it's a simple stereo headset that's not trying to be clever with pretendy surround sound.

It's not got a power supply though so you'll probably be quite limited to max volume (although I ten to have my Sharkoons at their absolute minimum anyway).

For £30 you surely can't go wrong though? A headset, even in stereo gives you a distinct advantage over a full audio system or TV audio because you can hear all the subtle noises like quiet footsteps that are generally lost on bigger systems due to the volume of other noises.

10. Acegadgets

Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Acegadgets
    I have a broken set of those. Got them on offer with Brink when it came aout and was full price @ 39.99 / I opaid £49.99 with the headphoes.
    Very comfortable, nice sound but as they are corded , a bit of a faff on to put the wires in the TV and PS3. The conection into one side is now loose so i replaced them as the sound went on and off.
    Bought the "imitation 7.1 suround sound" Cordless chat headphones fom sony. Made exclusively for the PS3. They are amazing, and have great controls. £69.99.

11. Bad Robot

Bad Robot Semi-Regular Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    B8dRobot
    I bought these headphones only a fortnight ago, they suit my setup nicely but as Acer gadgets says they are corded and it can be a nuisance for some. Good sound, very comfortable. I actually use them for my music collection too when I'm in the mood :thumbup: