The Board Game Hut - Great Games Supported By Great Service
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Senior Gamers!

We are a community for mature gamers who primarily play online games on PlayStation consoles (PS4, PS3, PS Vita). You can find out more in our About Us section.

If you are new to the site, why not register? By doing so and being an active member you can view the site without adverts, make posts and more. You can register here and even do so using Facebook, Twitter or Google+!

Introduction

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Mr_Mobotho, 18 Nov 2012.

1. Mr_Mobotho

Mr_Mobotho Casual Gamer

PSN:
    Mr_Mobotho
    Buenos dias, ola senior y senioretta gamers!! Ha ha sorry I could resist it-I must admit when I was first given the web address I thought I might have to brush up on my Española a little.....(I can’t be the first so sorry for lack of originality)

Anyway bad jokes aside (for a while at least), hello everybody I'm Olly, online I will appear as per my login name here Mr_Mobotho, feel free to send me a fwiend request. I'm 32, male, I live in the midlands and have been playing with all of the cocks for a while now...sigh.

In real life I'm into fast bikes & cars and loose women, although I only seem to end up with loose cars and bikes! I snowboard, wakeboard, I’m into downhill mountain biking, swimming, crossfit-anything extreme really. I’m in training for Wolfrun next April (if anyone else is interested/involved-does seem like the wrong forum somehow).

I’ll give anything a crack if it seems like fun! I have a fairly busy lifestyle so gaming online is more of a privilege these days as I am away fairly regularly, but it's good to have a bunch of like minded people to play with!

I'm a fairly average gamer, but as with most of you guys, have been playing since the days of magnetic tape, and tinnitus style loading noises-these days I don't seem to need the tape for the noises.

First ever gaming experience was on an Atari playing pong as a 6 year old and I've never looked back. I've been through the whole Spectrum (literally and metaphorically), commodore, Acorn/Archimedes years-incidentally who remembers “Lander”, and did anyone ever actually land the thing-I used to just turbo boost round shooting trees until I ran out of fuel, hmm come to think of it this is very similar to my style of play in BF3..I'm good at drawing fire :wave:

Favourite games (no order) Double Dragon on Spectrum, Out run, super hang on, Mario bros, Solitaire, Unreal tournament, Doom, GT series, PES (recently became a turncoat and bought FIFA), GTA, Burnout(s), SSX, Little Big Planet, plus various flight sims and combat games-all sorts really.

Had a NES, SNES, PS1, PC, PS2, XBOX, Wii, & PS3. Still got an XBOX but don’t use it these days, mainly PS3 playing GT5, F1 2010/12, BF2/3 (have never played BF3 online I don’t think), Max Payne 3, Moto GP, COD’s, Ace Combat, GTA. Will be buying NFS Most Wanted today I think, need something new to race.

I was steered in this direction by the Peacock family and have played online with a handful of you now, I will be looking for a full initiation ("Thank you sir may I have another") to the senior gamers as the racing (GT5) has been top on a Saturday evening!! I will look forward to seeing you all online soon-Andale andale arriba arriba!!!

My Style: Maximun attack!!!

2. ChrissPeacock

ChrissPeacock Serious Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    ChrissPeacock
    Hi Ol, glad you finally got round to saying hi! I'll stick my neck out and say an instant vouch from me...

3. LouPeacock

LouPeacock Semi-Regular Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    LouPeacock
    Ole Ol.
    Good to race with you last night mate, quality bit of driving (from me) you weren`t to bad at it either.
    Welcome aboard.

4. Macca72-

Macca72- Newbie Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Macca72-
    Hi there, welcome.
    I used to be into extreme drinking on a Friday, but I had to give it up, pity 'cause I was pretty good. :D

5. Martok

Martok Board Game Addict
    Staff Member Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Martok-
    Welcome Olly, glad to see you've finally posted an intro. :clap:

Excellent intro, plenty of detail in there, that's what we like to see around here. :thumbup:

So you like your exercise then? Halo & I like our road cycling though we've not done much of it this year, something we'll hopefully rectify in 2013. Others here do like a bit of exercise too though that tends to be thumbs on joysticks. :lol:

Ah those were the days, waiting 10 minutes for a game to load from tape only for it to fail right at the end because the volume setting was just a fraction off. :roll:

If you mean Lunar Lander by Atari you can play it here: http://chrome.atari.com/lunarlander/

You've never played BF3 online?! Well you must join us on Thursdays on our server. We'll help you through the early stages of ranking up, unless we're on the opposite team in which case we'll be after your tags. :evil: As for NFS: Most Wanted, we play that on Tuesdays so I look forward to seeing you then!

I've played with you on GT5 a few times now so it's a vouch for me if you're after full membership. :)

6. DrewePeacock

DrewePeacock May contain sarcasm
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    DrewePeacock
    Hey dude!

Yes from me. :)

7. Slaine

Slaine Serious Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Torquemada
    Hi Mr_Mobotho, nice to meet you.

To be honest, anyone from the cock family circle is more than welcome here. You're all a decent bunch and a good laugh, and I cant see anyone that you may associate with being an arse.

Nice to have another BF3 player on board, and just in time for Aftermath this month too. :thumbup: I'll bung you a friends request when Im on next (or you could ping me one if you like). Im Torquemada on the PSN, just to confuse you. :crazy:

8. Jkrohn1

Jkrohn1 5P4M 80T
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    JKrohn1
    Welcome, the only extreme thing i do is at around 8:30 every morning. Not gamed with you yet but can mimic what Slain has said above. Hope to see you Saturday on GT5 :)

9. Mr_Mobotho

Mr_Mobotho Casual Gamer

PSN:
    Mr_Mobotho
    Hi guys and gals. Thanks for the vote of confidence from those of you who know me, for those of you who don't then even more so!!

Thanks Martok! Yeah I do try and keep fairly active to combat the sitting/drinking/snacking combo! Did some road riding this year myself over the summer but not on a road bike so was fairly hard work. The Lander game was on an Archimedes if anyone is interested.

I do remember the other game you posted the link to though-to think those games were once all consuming really is strange now!!

Should see some of you online this evening for N4S, can't make Sat eve this week which is a shame as I just seem to have got myself together with it. May be up for some BF3 this week so hopefully catch a few of you on there-I'll be the one who keeps getting moirdered!

See you online soon hopefully!

10. Martok

Martok Board Game Addict
    Staff Member Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Martok-
    Ah yes, the Archimedes version of Lander! I had a RISC PC 600 so should have remembered it.

So, did you manage to join folks last night on NFS? If so then I hope you had a laugh with them. Hopefully you'll also get some more vouches from folks if you did play.

BF3 looks like it'll be some co-op for a change, so if you're after completing some of these then just shout and I'm sure that someone will be happy to team up with you. Next week will likely be back to normal though with Aftermath released on Tuesday we may have an evening on the new maps. Do you have Premium for BF3 or will you be looking at buying Aftermath?

11. HaloJ

HaloJ Serious Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    HaloJ
    I remember that game by another title; Virus. Which a small Google shows up as being a David Brabben title; one of the Elite dudes.

Welcome Olly, glad the Peacocks persuaded you to sign up. Another vouch from me; Olly is a lovely chap even though he beats me on GT5. ;)

EDIT : I'll sort your access shortly. :thumbup:

12. HaloJ

HaloJ Serious Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    HaloJ
    Buenas Olly, maravilloso tenerte aquí a bordo de Senior Gamers. Esperamos que encuentre un buen hogar aquí con nosotros.

Well that's what Google kinda said ish but for ease let me reiterate. Welcome aboard Senior Gamers. I've upped your access rights so you should now have all the sites features open to you. We'll shortly send you a PM detailing a few features to help you get started.

Please wear your SNR tags with pride and we'll see you in game soon. :thumbup:

Abs

13. Mr_Mobotho

Mr_Mobotho Casual Gamer

PSN:
    Mr_Mobotho
    Thanks for the votes of confidence!

I'll be on BF3 tonight so watch out for the new recruit, I'll be the one in the shinny new kit!!

I don't know what BF3 I have, what Premium is or what aftermath is :0) sooo.......maybe?

If I will need a buddy for coop I feel sorry for whoever plays with me-like they say "never volunteer for anything when you're in the Army"!

14. ChrissPeacock

ChrissPeacock Serious Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    ChrissPeacock
    LouP and I are not too fussed about co-op so will be on in normal mode. If you want to join us feel free.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice