The Board Game Hut - Great Games Supported By Great Service
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Senior Gamers!

We are a community for mature gamers who primarily play online games on PlayStation consoles (PS4, PS3, PS Vita). You can find out more in our About Us section.

If you are new to the site, why not register? By doing so and being an active member you can view the site without adverts, make posts and more. You can register here and even do so using Facebook, Twitter or Google+!

Introducing....

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by HaloJ, 28 Jun 2012.

1. HaloJ

HaloJ Serious Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    HaloJ
    ....oooh deja vu!

I'm 40 years young and have been gaming from a very early age. Starting on the families Vic20 with text adventure games; Brian Howarth's The Time Machine and the glorious dungeon romp The Tomb of Drewan. After which I got my very own Spectrum and grew fond of the 8bit colour clashes. It was the Spectrum that instilled in me a lifetime's fondness for platform games with greats like Head over Heels and StarQuake; which I still play to this day. Hmm there's an idea for a game to add to the chat interface. After my swathe of Sinclair machines I moved onto the PC which overtime with the constant upgrade cycle killed my mojo for gaming with only Wolfenstein, Doom, Quake and Nethack holding my interest until I picked up a PS1.

The PS1 is where my modern gaming story begins. It was where I discovered that games were easier than in my youth and I became a completionist, hunting down every last little item and squeezing all I could out of each title. I spent an utter age getting every last unlock for the likes of Micro Maniacs and the early Tomb Raiders. The launch of the might GTA3 was what moved me on and the PS2 was where I truly began to play online. I sought out a gaming community to play Time Splitters with and spent many hours doing so both on and offline whilst also continuing my platform game obsession with repeated plays of the Ratchet & Clank titles.

Microsoft's XBox turned console gaming on it's head and whilst I didn't own one can thank them for what we have today. A Sony girl through and through I waited with my decrepit PS2 until the launch of the PS3. I was one of the lucky ones at the London launch to receive a 46" Bravia, my pre-ordered console and a taxi home. From then on it was platform games and fast shooters in glorious HD. My current regular titles are Killzone 3 and Battlefield 3 with my guilty pleasures of Zen/Marvel Pinball and Dead Nation.

Away from my gaming and onto a little about myself. I'm one of the founders of Senior Gamers and partner to Martok. I'm addicted to road cycling and will happily cycle over 100 miles just for a spot of lunch somewhere nice. I'm a bit of nutter with an easy going sense of humour and a total geek at heart.

I also laugh a lot, life's good.

Abs

2. Jkrohn1

Jkrohn1 5P4M 80T
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    JKrohn1
    Free TV :-O you lucky girl, i agree you are a nutter ha, Loving the site Abs and hope to see you online soon, your already on my friends list so no need to add.

3. roger947

roger947 Semi-Regular Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    rogerjones947
    Nice intro halo, but i'm sure that i've read something similar somewhere else ;)

and just for you, a little something extra

:wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

4. ZXstampie

ZXstampie Semi-Regular Gamer

PSN:
    ZXstampie
    No words needed :bow:

5. Alien_Chick

Alien_Chick Regular Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Alien_Chick
    Hi Halo,

the site is great and it's good to catch up with people again, thanks for setting it up :)

6. Acegadgets

Acegadgets Not so serious gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Acegadgets
    Hey Daisy, great to see you here. If you put a little intro up and ask to become a member , there will be so much more to see. It'll get you off facebook I guarantee it.

7. SHROUD

SHROUD Regular Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Shroud
    Martok has come so far since you found him :lol: .

Good seeing you again and have fun.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice