Introducing....

HaloJ

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
....oooh deja vu!

I'm 40 years young and have been gaming from a very early age. Starting on the families Vic20 with text adventure games; Brian Howarth's The Time Machine and the glorious dungeon romp The Tomb of Drewan. After which I got my very own Spectrum and grew fond of the 8bit colour clashes. It was the Spectrum that instilled in me a lifetime's fondness for platform games with greats like Head over Heels and StarQuake; which I still play to this day. Hmm there's an idea for a game to add to the chat interface. After my swathe of Sinclair machines I moved onto the PC which overtime with the constant upgrade cycle killed my mojo for gaming with only Wolfenstein, Doom, Quake and Nethack holding my interest until I picked up a PS1.

The PS1 is where my modern gaming story begins. It was where I discovered that games were easier than in my youth and I became a completionist, hunting down every last little item and squeezing all I could out of each title. I spent an utter age getting every last unlock for the likes of Micro Maniacs and the early Tomb Raiders. The launch of the might GTA3 was what moved me on and the PS2 was where I truly began to play online. I sought out a gaming community to play Time Splitters with and spent many hours doing so both on and offline whilst also continuing my platform game obsession with repeated plays of the Ratchet & Clank titles.

Microsoft's XBox turned console gaming on it's head and whilst I didn't own one can thank them for what we have today. A Sony girl through and through I waited with my decrepit PS2 until the launch of the PS3. I was one of the lucky ones at the London launch to receive a 46" Bravia, my pre-ordered console and a taxi home. From then on it was platform games and fast shooters in glorious HD. My current regular titles are Killzone 3 and Battlefield 3 with my guilty pleasures of Zen/Marvel Pinball and Dead Nation.

Away from my gaming and onto a little about myself. I'm one of the founders of Senior Gamers and partner to Martok. I'm addicted to road cycling and will happily cycle over 100 miles just for a spot of lunch somewhere nice. I'm a bit of nutter with an easy going sense of humour and a total geek at heart.

I also laugh a lot, life's good.

Abs

Jkrohn1

5P4M 80T
Senior Citizen
Donator
Reaction score
Free TV :-O you lucky girl, i agree you are a nutter ha, Loving the site Abs and hope to see you online soon, your already on my friends list so no need to add.

roger947

Semi-Regular Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Nice intro halo, but i'm sure that i've read something similar somewhere else ;)

and just for you, a little something extra

:waving: :waving: :waving: :waving: :waving: :waving: :waving: :waving: :waving: :waving: :waving: :waving: :waving: :waving: :waving: :waving: :waving: :waving: :waving: :waving: :waving: :waving: :waving: :waving: :waving: :waving: :waving: :waving: :waving: :waving:

Alien_Chick

Regular Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Hi Halo,

the site is great and it's good to catch up with people again, thanks for setting it up :)

Acegadgets

Not so serious gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Hey Daisy, great to see you here. If you put a little intro up and ask to become a member , there will be so much more to see. It'll get you off facebook I guarantee it.

SHROUD

Regular Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Martok has come so far since you found him :lol: .

Good seeing you again and have fun.