Introducing the Colonel

ColSonders

A.W.O.L.
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Hello there!

I suspect most early adopters of SNR who read this will already know a little about me from gaming online together anyway, but i'll try to chuck some other bits in as well.

I'm currently 33 years of age, I'm from a little town called Consett in the North East of England where I live in my overcrowded house with my wife, my two kids and my two cats. I'm currently working for Newcastle College Group as a systems developer so i'm a bit of a geek at times.

I'm applying to be a full member here and heard about this place through the founding members Martok and Halo. I've known these two for years and it's a privilege to be part of their friends list on PS3.

I've been a gamer to some degree as long as I can remember, my childhood was a strange mixture between computer games and sport, I was always doing one or the other. I got into console gaming in my early teens with a Master System, followed by a Mega Drive and then onto the Sony consoles, all of which have been launch day purchases for me. I've enjoyed many types of games over the years but it's the tactical shooters that really keep me interested, my first real venture online with gaming was Socom on the PS2 and I've followed the Socom series until zipper well and truly screwed it over. I'm currently a big fan of the Battlefield games with Battlefield 3 being almost the only game I play at the moment, i'm not very good compared to most of the kids due to my reaction times, but I like to think that I make up for that with a sharper tactical brain.

Looking at the intro specs I think I only really need to cover why I think I'd make a suitable SNR.
The answer to this is fairly simple, I want a place where I can chat about games with other mature gamers.

HaloJ

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Nice intro Col. I'd forgotten what a whipper snapper you were! That's old age for you forgetting things all the time. I rather miss playing Rainbow 6 Vegas with you but by hell it was a laggy git of a game online and Infinity weren't far behind with their first CoD. I laugh at you not being very good compared to the kids considering that you often have a positive kill to death ratio and I'm perfectly aware you do that as well as playing for the objectives!

You've been added to the Senior Gamers group which gives you access to the full forums and the swanky all site chat system together with the ability to post events.

Just for the record we've removed that last section in the intro requirements due to it's unwieldy nature. We'd debated on it prior to this but hadn't done anything about it.

Welcome and please make yourself at home. :1thumbup:

Abs

Martok

Board Game Addict
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Welcome, Col, it's great to have you on board. :1thumbup:

I forgot about our 12 year age difference but it's irrelevant anyway because all we're after is to have some gaming fun online. We've certainly had plenty of that over the years through games of Rainbow 6 Vegas, Modern Warfare 1, Burnout Paradise, Battlefield 3 and that's not mentioning any of the PS2 titles we've played together.

Anyway, make yourself at home and I hope you enjoy your stay this new place. :)

HERMAN_JELMET

Meatbag
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Alright Col, It's been a while :)

ColSonders

A.W.O.L.
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
HERMAN_JELMET said:
Alright Col, It's been a while :)

It certainly has mate, hope you're keeping well.

HERMAN_JELMET

Meatbag
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Can't really complain as nothing major going on right now, Which is good :)

Spruijt

Real men wear clogs
Senior Citizen
Donator
Reaction score
Col, how've you been? It's been a while since I last claymored you on Socom

Slaine

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Hi Col hope you're well. Long time no speak!!

Acegadgets

Not so serious gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Hi Col, hadn't realised that you were so young. I'm old enough to be your dad. Infact I used to have a girlfriend in Consett when I used to do Consett market round about 1979.

roger947

Semi-Regular Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
At last

Wasn't sure that i'd ever get to hear the opinionated man from Kentucky, ever again.

Hope you like it here mate and always keep it real :1thumbup:

Jkrohn1

5P4M 80T
Senior Citizen
Donator
Reaction score
Noooooo! Not col the ill rape you with a helicopter all night long Sonders, your the only BF3 play i know who can keep a helicopter for a full match and get a supreme KD Ratio and for that a salute you. See you online Chris.

P-Newson666

Warlock, Jedi, Sith... #66 PNMotorsport
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Hello Col, long time not being shot by your good self on Socom.

Cach you online soon.

Dogstar

Regular Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Hey Col i'm not stalking you. Honest!

ColSonders

A.W.O.L.
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
All these "Has it been three years already?" posts made me dig out my intro thread.

It's been a little over three years for me now and by heck have things changed :crazy:

I've made some amazing new friends here, I've sacked off the wife in favour of the bachelor life, I've met a bunch of you guys in person, I've got into motorbikes and as a result spectacularly broke my ankle and ultimately ended up with a bit of a crotch rocket.

There's been ups and downs but this place has been steady throughout and for everyone that's made that happen, thank you, you're all awesome...except @DrewePeacock he's a prick :shh: