The Board Game Hut - Great Games Supported By Great Service
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Senior Gamers!

We are a community for mature gamers who primarily play online games on PlayStation consoles (PS4, PS3, PS Vita). You can find out more in our About Us section.

If you are new to the site, why not register? By doing so and being an active member you can view the site without adverts, make posts and more. You can register here and even do so using Facebook, Twitter or Google+!

PS4 Introducing My PlayStation, a new way to interact with key PSN features from your PC or mobile

Discussion in 'PlayStation Hardware & Other Games' started by Martok, 21 Feb 2018.

1. Martok

Martok Board Game Addict
    Staff Member Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Martok-
    View and manage your Trophies, reply to your friend requests, send messages and more while away from your PS4

Today we’re happy to announce the launch of My PlayStation, a new social destination on the web. Conveniently access and engage with key PlayStation Network features on PC, Mac, mobile phones and tablets. It’s a great way to stay tapped in with your friends and the PlayStation community when you’re away from your PlayStation 4.

Here are some things you can do on web with My PlayStation:

• Find Friends
    • Edit your Profile
    • View you and your Friends’ Trophies
    • Send and manage Friend requests
    • Send Messages
    And you can access My PlayStation in multiple ways:

[​IMG]

• Click on the My PlayStation link in the navigation bar at the top right
    [​IMG]

• Sign In to playstation.com, click on your profile image in the navigation bar, and click on your name in the dropdown menu
    [​IMG]

My PlayStation works with most major web browsers on Windows 10, MacOS 10, iOS 10 or above, Android 5 or above.

The website is already up and running, so go check it out! Our goal is to bring you a compelling social experience even when you’re away from your console. We’ll continue to enhance and add more features to My PlayStation on a regular basis, so make sure to keep checking in.

Source: Introducing My PlayStation, a new way to interact with key PSN features from your PC or mobile

Grooooog and zoob like this.
  2. zoob

zoob I fight for the Users!
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    zb100
    The app in browser form?

Grooooog likes this.
  3. Martok

Martok Board Game Addict
    Staff Member Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Martok-
    Not fully tested that, some functionality though. Try it and see what you think.

zoob likes this.
  4. zoob

Senior Citizen

PSN:
    zb100
    Just logged in and sent you a message.
    Seems like a stripped down version of the app.

5. zoob

Senior Citizen

PSN:
    zb100
    Don't get me wrong btw, I think it is great that Sony are adding additional ways of engaging with the PSN - i'm just not sure who this is targeted at. Those without a smartphone stuck at work looking to arrange the evening's game plan?

6. zoob

Senior Citizen

PSN:
    zb100
    Oh and I didn't spot a way to "manage" trophies . Stuck with that Hannah Montana play 4evaaaaaaaaah. ;)

7. Grooooog

Grooooog Semi-Regular Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Grooooog360
    Sony did it again the other way around. Normally you make a web page and then you do an app for that(tm). It is nice though with a decent functionality. But it's really not a leap forward, more a leap into present.

And tbh, the XBox one looks nicer with more functionality and was there way before Sony found out about the interwebs.

Sorry about it being in German, but I think you see the relevant things.
    XBox.png

#7 Grooooog, 23 Feb 2018
    Last edited: 23 Feb 2018
    zoob likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice