• Welcome to Senior Gamers!

Senior Gamers [SNR] is a community for mature gamers aged 25+ years who primarily play on the PlayStation consoles.

We used this website from June 2012 until March 2020. Technology moved on during this time and we have now moved to Discord. If you are familiar with it already you'll know how quick and easy it is to use. If you haven't tried it yet, you really should!

You can browse this archived website to see what we posted over the years.

You can join us on Discord to see what we've posted more recently and to chat. Click on the link below to find us. We hope to see you there!

Senior Gamers Discord

insomnia arrggghhh

The_Carpet_Frog

Even More Grumpy Grandad
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Dont you just hate it when you wake up early and cant get back to sleep. Ive been awake since 4:15 and its now 5:50, got to be up in about a hour :( What do you do to get back to sleep if you wake up???

Slaine

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
If you find out let me know. Im awake at 4 every day.

yinkin

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
When I cant back to sleep I come on here and read for a bit

Sportsvee

Has a Fan....
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
That happened the other day. Woke up at 4, dog barked at 5 and missus alarm at 6. So during that time I Facebooked, read a few forums, played games and then rolled over a few times.

I gave up trying to sleep ages ago when this happens. Might as well just get up and play the PS.

Jkrohn1

5P4M 80T
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I normally drink copious amounts of alcohol, seems to sort me right out. Mind this also means heading to work drunk but no one notices anyway :D

I normally just roll over and close my eyes, doing things like gaming or anything brain stimulating keeps you awake. I wouldn't recommend turning anything electrical on. Just close your eyes and try to get back over.

zoob

I fight for the Users!
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I wake up after being asleep from anywhere between half an hour and three hours. If I do sleep longer, I usually wake absolutely soaked in sweat (in a cold room). Count yourself lucky, is what I would do @mick .

Plaxinator

Wino extraordinaire
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Thankfully I rarely have difficulty sleeping (I'm the other way around and find it difficult to get out of bed regardless of whether I have have had no alcohol and loads of sleep). Sometimes I find it hard to get off to sleep but usually I just close my eyes and go on a little adventure. Usually involving Anthony Hopkins and handcuffs.

NitaNitro5

Gypsy
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
:o

I thought 'your man' was Tim McInnerny?

Best not mention to @NitaNitro5 that you have a thing for Lord Percy. ;)
Haha! Tim McInnerny rules! Fabulous actor - best in the Scarlet Pimpernel episode of Blackadder 3 :)

SHROUD

Regular Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I have a 3 year old daughter, I value what sleep I can get :lol:

Spruijt

Real men wear clogs
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
What do you do to get back to sleep if you wake up???
I usually drink some coffee, feed the twins, take a shower and have some breakfest. Then I go to work, have dinner and go to school or do some homework. Then when I come home, I kiss the boys goodnight and have some sex with the missus, watch some TV and have a beer.
I'm pretty much nackered after that.

c00ky

Good for target practice
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I find the hardest part is switching my brain off. Generally my early morning awakenings are awakenings rather than brief eyelid open/closings due to me stressing over work, or imagining scenarios associated with work. I do find staying up later and then going tio sleep keeps me asleep longer ion the mornings, most nights....

Jkrohn1

5P4M 80T
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
On a side note I only sleep a few hours a day, like 4 or 5 hours. I don't nap or anything just don't need that much sleep I think. Every so often I sleep for 8+ hours but that's normally only one day a week and after a little alcoholic persuasion ;)

zoob

I fight for the Users!
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
@Jkrohn1 - I was lucky if I slept 4 or 5 as a kid & it only got worse as I got older.

Occasionally if I have really overdone it I will sleep longer but usually fitfully, for instance after staggering in at 8am on Sunday morning (was only 5am on the Saturday morning).

Perhaps it is just as well I won't make it down to Worcester...

Slaine

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
@zoob I worry about the same thing too. Last time I slept away from home I was awake at 4 everyday. So bored as I only had my Lumia at the time.

Reminds me of that Big Bang episode where Prof. Proton tells Sheldon to hurry up as hes about to go to bed for 3 hours sleep, whilst the rest of the night he paces around the house unable to sleep.

we're old!!!:grandpa:

Sportsvee

Has a Fan....
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I will have to start studying for work shortly so I will have LOTS of motivation and material to sleep....

That study material is boring as fleck :brick: