PS4 InFAMOUS Second Son

Jkrohn1

5P4M 80T
Senior Citizen
Donator
Reaction score
Finished one and installed 2 with plus, just waiting to have time to play. Maybe I'll start next week as I'm on night shift :(

farfromsane

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Picked up Infamous: Festival of Blood last week in the sale it's pretty good for 6-8 hour game.

So i know if Second Son turns out to be a good game i'll be all over it like a cheap suit.

zoob

I fight for the Users!
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Spotted Festival of Blood reduced to around 3GBP last night.

Martok

Board Game Addict
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Infamous: Second Son dev video discusses next-gen advancements

How the new hardware will boost, AI, visuals and open-world freedoms

Sony has released a new Infamous: Second Son developer diary video in which the game's makers discusses the extensive benefits of next-generation hardware.

Sucker Punch Productions game director Nate Fox and co-founder/producer Brian Fleming speak at length about the new game's plot, gameplay mechanics and next-gen technical advancements.

The open world game is set in Seattle, although it doesn't offer a street-by-street depiction of the city. New protagonist Delsin Rowe is a 24-year-old Native American street artist who can control smoke. He's viewed as a bioterrorist by the DUP, a branch of government tasked with controlling those with superhuman abilities.

Rowe can unleash smoke projectiles, smoking fireballs and can execute a smoke-dash move. He can also confuse enemies using a smoke cloud. He replenishes smoke by absorbing it from chimneys and destroyed cars.

Check out our Infamous Second Son video preview here.

Infamous Second Son is expected to release in early 2014. The official PS4 release date is currently 'holiday 2013'.

Source: CVG

Martok

Board Game Addict
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
New inFAMOUS Second Son trailer: Which power is best?

Sure, when you play inFAMOUS Second Son you are going to “enjoy your power”… but which one are you going to enjoy the most?

Delsin absorbs the ability to control Smoke in his hometown, and then goes to Seattle to find more conduits and gain their powers, starting with Neon. These power sources have different strengths and weaknesses, requiring you to change up your tactics. This has led to an ongoing debate on the design team about which power is actually the best.

Darren Bridges (Power Designer): Okay, is this really a debate? Smoke is the clear winner. There’s nothing better than dashing in and choke-slamming some DUP stooge, then firing a Cinder Blast that destroys the tower his buddies are standing on.

Jaime Griesemer (Lead Designer): Sure, if you want to get your hands dirty, Smoke is great. But Neon is clean and streamlined. You’re basically firing lasers out of your hands, so you’re a natural sniper. With Neon, combat is all about precision from a distance. Each shot hits hard, especially if you are targeting the enemy’s weak points. Neon lets you dissect a squad of Dupes like a glowing purple surgeon.

Darren: Sniping is cool, but Smoke lets you travel through air vents and launch yourself out over the rooftops. It turns the entire city into your own personal playground. And smoke is everywhere — if you run out, you just damage a car and get some more. That’s like being able to punch a cow and make hamburgers fly out.

Jaime: Interesting metaphor… But who needs to go on a “vent hunt” when you can just run straight up a wall, instead?! Neon gets you where you want to go fast. And enemies aren’t going to be able to hit a streak of light. Plus, draining Neon looks cooler.

Darren: Orbital Drop (…mic drop)

Jaime: Dude. Not fair. You know PR won’t let me talk about the Neon – thing – that you almost see right at the end of this new teaser video.

Source: EU PlayStation Blog

Jkrohn1

5P4M 80T
Senior Citizen
Donator
Reaction score
Finished 1 and 2 so I might get this, it seems good but with the large price tags on next gen games my purchases have to be for games i know i want.

Martok

Board Game Addict
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
New inFamous Second Son trailer: Recreating Seattle in stunning detail on PS4

From the start, Seattle felt like the perfect locale for Second Son. Sucker Punch Productions is located just outside of Seattle and we saw this as an opportunity to recreate the feeling of our home town. We wanted to capture a level of detail we had never attempted before using the amazing speed, graphics processing power and high resolution output of the PlayStation 4. Not to mention, being from here, we just couldn’t build a fake city with a fake Space Needle… I mean “Galactic Tower” just doesn’t sound right to us.

Our goal was to create an urban playground for the player as they experience Delsin’s amazing superhuman powers so it was paramount that we capture the essence of the city. We wanted to give the player the feeling of walking down an alleyway and seeing the rain accumulate between the cobblestones and the reflections of the rain streaked brick buildings and neon market signs. Or the feeling of looking up at the sun as it breaks through the clouds, sending rays of light through enormous pine trees.

We challenged our team to create all the painstaking details of the atmosphere, architecture and weather of Seattle, an open world complete with traffic, Seattle denizens wearing real, 3D-scanned clothing, expansive vistas, and destructible environments that are interactive with your powers. It’s also running at true 1080p.

The city also tells a big part of our story. Seattle is under martial law, and the presence of an oppressive police state is visible on every street. We licensed real local businesses to lend a credible feeling of being in Seattle, so as you recognise these well-known sites being suffocated by the DUP’s tactical gear, you get the idea that this nightmarish scenario could actually happen. Icons like The Space Needle, the monorail and even local quirks like the “gum wall”, gives Second Son the feeling of a living, breathing city that needs Delsin to set it free.

We’re lucky to have one of the most talented and hard working environment, lighting and effects art teams in the industry who are pushing hard to ensure that everything is the definition of “next gen”. We’ve worked hard on making the environments in Second Son look beautiful and feel as realistic as possible while also supporting a compelling narrative. We’re all very excited to have players jump in and make their own adventures in our Seattle.

zoob

I fight for the Users!
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Wow.

That is a "must have".

Martok

Board Game Addict
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Hands-on with inFAMOUS Second Son on PS4
Find out how Sucker Punch’s super-powered open-world actioner plays

Delsin Rowe strolls down a shadowy length of docks with ample confidence. Caches of illegal drugs have been hidden among the houseboats moored there, which is a disagreeable notion to our super-powered, rough-around-the-edges hero.

But with eye-searing neon and seething smoke at his disposal, Delsin has little to fear from the drug peddlers peppering him with gunfire. Bullets ricochet off the flashing neon light around his head as he flinches — they’re more an annoyance than a danger. As he leaps into the air to greet his enemies, powers flaring to life, he can destroy them or subdue them. And that’s up to the player.

Choice has always played a vital role in the inFAMOUS series, and inFAMOUS Second Son is no exception. Amidst all the open-world action that developer Sucker Punch has set in its own Seattle, Delsin can enter combat as a careful hero or a ruthless force. These methods of play not only affect how each battle scene is approached, but how Delsin’s powers manifest themselves.

Smoke and neon, the two powers Sucker Punch has revealed so far, can cater to either play style. Players unconcerned with the lives of civilians can wreak havoc without fear, weaponising the environment to destroy enemy APCs, or plunging into the ground to unleash devastating shockwaves that don’t differentiate between enemy DUP agents and innocent bystanders.

But Second Son also empowers heroic players in this digital playground. Players can modify Delsin’s basic neon blast with a slow-motion aim that highlights an enemy’s leg, tangling them in glowing binds. Subdued, they’re no longer a threat to Delsin, but they needn’t lose their lives to his super-human barrage.

When Delsin gets in close to stunned enemies, small prompts on screen allow players to choose between executing and subduing their targets. With one button press, Delsin can vaporize an enemy soldier in a flash of glittering light, or leave him struggling on the ground with a battered ego.

Like past inFAMOUS games, these choices dramatically alter the way players perceive each scene. Crowded tunnels teeming with civilians may be a challenging test of patience and skill, or a gleeful shooting gallery. Regardless of a player’s preference, Delsin’s powers encourage both styles of play. Even traversal skills like the smoke-fuelled dash can be turned into a lethal attack or an exercise in restraint.

But the choices presented to Delsin don’t all erupt in the heat of combat. When he catches up with the hot-headed Conduit known as Fetch, Delsin can take her under his wing and redeem her, or encourage her violent tendencies and corrupt her. These choices not only alter the course of the narrative, but change the mission sets presented to players afterwards.

With so much power at his fingertips, Delsin can save a lot of lives in inFAMOUS Second Son… or he can leave a long trail of bodies. Ultimately, that choice is up to the player when Second Son launches for PS4 on 21st March.

Jkrohn1

5P4M 80T
Senior Citizen
Donator
Reaction score
I will probably get this but it wont be for a while as I still have a load of games to finish.

yinkin

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
This is one of those games I will buy when I feel the need to play something a bit different, at the moment not an instant purchase, but I`m glad to see it looks like it is going to be decent.

Slaine

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
What @yinkin said. Not an immediate purchase for me either. Still hating the £50 price tag of next gen games, so I'm going to wait for the price drop

farfromsane

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Just picked it up from Asda i hated paying £47 for it but its a good game

c00ky

Good for target practice
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Advert graphics look good, I am just worried its a rinse and repeat of the first 2 with better graphics....again this will be a purchase when I have finished with BF4, Watchdogs, Division....

SHROUD

Regular Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Yeah I'm happy to wait on the price drop. Liked the first one, never played the second.

HERMAN_JELMET

Meatbag
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
never finished the first although i did enjoy it, got the second one and never started it.

Martok

Board Game Addict
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Infamous and Infamous2, both of which I got free. The first was after the month-long shutdown of PS4 and the second was on PS Plus. I enjoyed them and played both twice, once as 'hero' and the second time as 'infamous'.

I will play this new version but will wait for it to be free on PS Plus or cheap to buy.