The Board Game Hut - Great Games Supported By Great Service
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Senior Gamers!

We are a community for mature gamers who primarily play online games on PlayStation consoles (PS4, PS3, PS Vita). You can find out more in our About Us section.

If you are new to the site, why not register? By doing so and being an active member you can view the site without adverts, make posts and more. You can register here and even do so using Facebook, Twitter or Google+!

Idea for the website

Discussion in 'Website News & Support' started by Slaine, 22 Sep 2012.

1. Slaine

Slaine Serious Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Torquemada
    Only a minor petty idea (mainly because Im bored), but do you know if we'll ever have a little graphic for our website displayed when bookmarked?

Just a thought, and its only because Im bored (round my mums at the mo, and I forgot my Vita in the rush) :cry:

2. Martok

Martok Board Game Addict
    Staff Member Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Martok-
    Moved to Website Feedback as I think it's more appropriate here.

What you are referring to already is called a favicon and there is one already:

[​IMG]

OK it's not very exciting and I will at some point try and make it more colourful (though it's not easy getting something to look like our logo in full colour in a 16x16 pixel graphic!).

I've tested this in Firefox and Chrome and it displays just fine. However I can't get it to display in Internet Explorer 9. IE always has been a PITA when it comes to favicons. I barely use the browser and recommend using a proper browser instead, especially after this week's zero day exploit in IE.

Which browser are you using, Slaine? If it's Firefox or Chrome, have you tried clearing the browser cache, deleting the bookmark and then adding it again?

3. Slaine

Slaine Serious Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Torquemada
    No its IE. Maybe its time i switched and stopped being stuck in the past.

4. shadstah

shadstah Semi-Regular Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Shadstah
    Favicon's, can't stand them :sick:

edit: nevermind was looking at the wrong place lol but Slaine ditch IE mate :P

5. Slaine

Slaine Serious Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Torquemada
    Im currently using Chrome as we speak. Im a sad creature of habit, and despite making Chrome the default browser my mouse still hovers over IE every now & then. I wont go back to IE though, as I was getting tired of the frequent crashes.

Chrome doesnt work very well with the Microsoft Xbox website I notice. Intentional do you think?!??!

As a browser, I quite like it. Very simplistic and uncluttered. I didnt mind Safari, but there were just too many websites that didnt work properly with it.

6. ColSonders

ColSonders A.W.O.L.
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    ColSonders
    Bloody stupid that. Never had an issue with Safari and it's the browser I use. I honestly don't understand why they make a Windows version but don't have it the same.

Oh and the dodgy little SNR symbol works on it...not that I care, but it does make Bookmarks more quickly identifiable.