I like long walks, romantic meals and the occasional finger where the sun doesnt shine

HughJoystick

Occasional Gamer
Reaction score
Hello

I'm Hugh. A 40 year old PS4 gamer looking for like minded individuals for a casual/long term relationship.

I have been out of the group scene for a bit, but eager to share my game titles with the right person or persons.

I like long walks across the moons of Titan and IO. A drive in Fortune City shaking my wrist at the local constabulary and finding secluded car parks. I enjoy a kick about with a football with a fag and a beer. And I enjoy running for my life when the T-Rex's vision isnt purely based on movement.

I am also hoping for a trip to a galaxy, far, far away if there is a Xmas deal coming up.

I'm open minded, free to explore new things but most of all, hope to meet new friends and gaming companions.

I hope you swipe right xx

Martok

Board Game Addict
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Welcome to Senior Gamers, @HughJoystick :waving:

Great intro BTW, it made me chuckle. :lol:

It looks like you enjoy a range of games, so you should find some folk on here who play a few (or all) of these. There's definitely a few on Destiny 2 currently.

I am also hoping for a trip to a galaxy, far, far away if there is a Xmas deal coming up.
Ditto! I'm hoping they will do a daily deal or something when The Last Jedi is released, especially as they have had all the controversy about loot boxes.

So, how did you find out about Senior Gamers?

What other console(s)/platforms have you played on and any favourite titles from the past? We like to reminisce about the good old days. :grandpa:

Make yourself at home, have a look around the place and do feel free to join in or start discussions on the forums.

Hope to see you online soon. :)

HughJoystick

Occasional Gamer
Reaction score
Just did a googly search and this place looked a bit retro and art deco and thought yep... fellow old folks...

Had loads for consoles over years starting with a Master System. Flirted around with the Mega Drive and SNES before Sony entered the market. Even has a Saturn before I saw the Playstation light...

Use to be online a bit on the PS3 but didnt jump straight into buying a PS4. When I did I had titles like Fallout4 so only had PSplus for a month at a time.

But bought a year of if before they hiked up the price then realised all my (ex) idiot friends have a Crapbox One. So decided to put on my undercrackers and Mac and venture out for some new ones

HughJoystick

Occasional Gamer
Reaction score
Ditto! I'm hoping they will do a daily deal or something when The Last Jedi is released, especially as they have had all the controversy about loot boxes.
Yeah was hoping for the 12 Xmas days again so held off getting it. Bound to have it on there closer to Xmas with the likes of GT Sport, CoD WWII and the 'bigger' titles.

Did get Payback in the recent Black Friday deal just incase they didnt do the 12 days. But StarWars wasnt on offer on that one, probably too soon after the release date.

Plaxinator

Wino extraordinaire
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Great intro @HughJoystick
When I can be bothered I can be usually found flaunting about on Destiny 2. Occasionally I play hide and seek on Battlefield 1, and have even been known to partake of a spot of drink driving on GT Sport.
I haven't bothered with getting Battlefront 2 as I thought the first one was a bit pants. Unless Santa gets me COD WW2 I won't be playing that (I have given him an extensive wish list). I think I would prefer he got me The Sims 4 though (I used to like making all my irritating work colleagues on The Sims 3 and finding ingenious ways to kill them e.g. removing the ladder from the swimming pool so they drown, or taking away a door so they are trapped and end up defecating themselves and eventually starve to death etc).
I don't know which way you swipe on these dating apps as they hadn't been invented when I was young, free and single (probably a good thing), but feel free to swipe me a friends request.

HughJoystick

Occasional Gamer
Reaction score
i was hoping swipe right was the one that says you like them ... it was a 50/50 bet i was wrong.

havent played Destiny3 for a couple of weeks, ever since i took out the disc and put in Fifa18, sometimes its just too much hard work to reach down and swap discs :( ... but has the Osiris Expansion come out now ... might be bothered to reach down now.

i was the same with Battlefront 1, it looked good but was pants with only an online part and everyone was hiding in vehicles (guess thats Battlefield now, found that on Battlefield 1 too) but went back to it in the summer and was quite fun when i didnt take it serious as i did when i just shelved out full price for it. so i'm hoping paying less for SWBF2 this time makes it more fun for less money.

havent touched CoD's since Blops were released when people could throw knives at walls and they ricocheted to kill players on the other side of the map and the little cretins created Nazi emblems in their clan gear. Pricks like that i avoid.

have GT Sport, got it on midnight release and havent been back to it after 24 hours as it wasnt finished. nothing worked and havent been in a rush to play it. did the driving school aand a few tracks but it was a bit soulless. Maybe they have patched some passion into it now, i dunno?

there are a few games i bought and never really got into. might be better playing online with friends than randoms maybe.

Martok

Board Game Addict
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I don't know which way you swipe on these dating apps as they hadn't been invented when I was young, free and single (probably a good thing), but feel free to swipe me a friends request.
The only app @Plaxinator is likely to swipe right on these days is a wine app as she orders another case or 3 for the weekend. ;)

havent touched CoD's since Blops were released
You lasted on the franchise longer than I did. I enjoyed Modern Warfare 1 but when Modern Warfare 2 came out I found I just didn't care about the character in the story at all, so I never finished that, and I didn't find multiplayer any better, so that ended for me. I headed onto Battlefield after that. Whilst I enjoyed and Bad Company 2, I didn't find Battlefield 3 to be as good (and very annoying that you had to unlock not just every weapon but every single attachment for each one too) and the destruction was not on a par. Battlefield 4 was a bit better but buggy as usual for the first year, plus the community split with the DLC again and the private servers with stupid setups and admins who booted you if you shot at them again put me off. I did try Battlefield 1 as my other half @HaloJ fancied picking it up but again it didn't grab me. I'm just hoping that SWBF2 with its free map packs and no community split will work out if they don't muck it all up completely with the loot crate malarky.

HughJoystick

Occasional Gamer
Reaction score
yeah, the signs were there with World At War when cheats with getting 100 kils and no deaths by glitching under maps in CoD.

Went to BFBC2 too and loved that. But the BF3 and onwards got too vehicle heavy which for my wasnt good as a cant drive or fly without crashing.

If Battlefront2 is more than £30 at xmas then i'll wait for the Easter Sale. but maybe red Dead 2 might .... MIGHT ... be out by then.

The_Carpet_Frog

Even More Grumpy Grandad
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Why does that name sound familiar??
:think:

The_Carpet_Frog

Even More Grumpy Grandad
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Just noticed that you are registered on another gaming site.

Spruijt

Real men wear clogs
Senior Citizen
Donator
Reaction score
Welcome to SNR @HughJoystick. By the looks of things you'll fit right in. Report to the head nurse to get directions to your very own room in this smelly place.
Word of warning: do not use the Lay-Z-Boy in the living room. @ChrissPeacock left a nasty surpise in the cracks and once you pull the lever...

Other than that, enjoy your stay and see you online.

HERMAN_JELMET

Meatbag
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I'm sorry, I can't quite bring myself to do the 'long walks' bit, so it's a no from me.

HughJoystick

Occasional Gamer
Reaction score
Just noticed that you are registered on another gaming site.
thats correct. which i presume is ok as you must be as well to know that? i apologise for not recognising your PSN, did we ever play together?

Tried Grumpy Old Men, no one played the games i played.

Joined OldandRubbish early in 2017, a lot of members, so small cliques formed in certain games. Tried GTAV at the start, was ok but i knew i was coming to the end of my playing days on that.

Moved onto Ark, Had a good few months on that with some great blokes, but when Wildcard decided to go to Private Servers and everyone had to start again, which i wasnt going to do and waste months of work. So they created their own server and i eventually just went back to Single Player

That was in September ... didn't play online at all until GT Sport and Destiny 2 came out. As i posted previously, havent played GT Sport much, had 1 night online with a couple of the racing guys from GTAV but the lobbies had issues at the tim so that was the games fault.

Destiny 2 ...played with no one. Never was asked to join a fireteam and when i offered my services i felt ignored. Was an outsider on that game as guys had their own fireteams they preffered to play with which is fine. So played on that by myself.

If you want to know the previous clans and communities joined on previous consoles, i tried the xboxhive.co.uk when i had the Xbox One for a couple of months. but sold that.

About 8 years ago I think on the Playstation3 i was part of LMZF. There was a lot of infighting and bickering between the squads behind peoples backs and it got toxic for a 'mature' gaming community.

So, in conclusion... I'm just in search for someone to belong, to play regularly with folks and feel wanted. I'm not perfect, who is? i just want to be loved ... is that a bad thing?? I leave the toilet seat down, that must count for something???

The Defence rests, M'lud.

NVranya

Oi! Who stole my pretty green letters?
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Hm, looking at your history you seem you only swipe for one night stands. That's ok for the finger, but you can forget about romance! :P

I don't play much online anymore, but feel free to send me an invite on PSN if you want.

Plaxinator

Wino extraordinaire
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
So, in conclusion... I'm just in search for someone to belong, to play regularly with folks and feel wanted. I'm not perfect, who is? i just want to be loved ... is that a bad thing?? I leave the toilet seat down, that must count for something???

The Defence rests, M'lud.
Bonus points for leaving the toilet seat down. There is nothing worse than getting up in the middle of the night for a wee, staggering to the bathroom in the dark half asleep and hitting your arse on cold, hard ceramic.

I like to think that SNR is one of the more inclusive gaming communities. Unfortunately with so many games out nowadays not everyone has the same games anymore, so you will find certain people will play certain games with pretty much the same people all the time (which is par for the course really). However they aren’t “clicky” and always welcome people into their games, or indeed just into their party chat.
So pull up a chair make yourself comfortable and let the speed dating commence!

Martok

Board Game Addict
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I'm sorry, I can't quite bring myself to do the 'long walks' bit, so it's a no from me.
I bet it'd be a yes if just one letter was changed ;) :lol:

@HughJoystick there's no need for explanation on your previous or current other community membership. We're just here to play games with like-minded gamers and to chill and have fun. Membership of multiple communities is fine by us, as is flying the clan tags for whatever community you wish (though we're always honoured to see folks flying the [SNR] tags).

Anyway, feel free to chuck me a friends request (Martok- yes that's a dash at the end), I did try sending you one but you're not accepting friends requests currently.