XBOne I find your lack of faith disturbing.

Slaine

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Yes oh dear!!!:lol:

Spruijt

Real men wear clogs
Senior Citizen
Donator
Reaction score

ColSonders

A.W.O.L.
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
PMSL

Although it does explain why I've seen video's of BF4 on youtube where people are claiming that it's running on the xbox one....when clearly it's PC footage using an xbox controller interface to allow for slow, smooth movement and showing the xbox buttons on screen.

It did also have the dead giveaway delete button in the top right hand corner at all times to navigate to battlelog....even if that' a feature of the consoles I doubt you'd navigate to it from an attached keyboard.

Plaxinator

Wino extraordinaire
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
There is a comment posted about it being a dev machine so it could actually be all Xbox One components but in a different case.

The_Carpet_Frog

Even More Grumpy Grandad
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
There is a comment posted about it being a dev machine so it could actually be all Xbox One components but in a different case.
Not if as it says it was using "Nvidia's 700 series GTX GPU" as the XBone will be using an "modified AMD GPU"

Jkrohn1

5P4M 80T
Senior Citizen
Donator
Reaction score
This is common practice, the only issue is there not using same spec machines or dev kits. Imagine if during the BF4 crash the game kicked to the windows 7 desktop :D

ColSonders

A.W.O.L.
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Not if as it says it was using "Nvidia's 700 series GTX GPU" as the XBone will be using an "modified AMD GPU"
Not if it was using a dedicated GPU at all, regardless of brand.

Both Xbox and Playstations next incarnations use APU's (that's graphics built into the CPU) so the closest they could have to that with currently available PC hardware would be the AMD A10....which is what I have in my PC...granted there's a new one since mine that is slightly faster, but no chance would it run games at the levels we've been seeing.

Fair enough to not have the components inside the final casing design, dev kits tend not to be, certain the early ones prior to console launch, but they have to have similar hardware on the inside, at least in terms of motherboard/cpu....

Also as shown in that article it's not even using the operating system that the xbox is based upon, which proves that it's just the PC version running, or that Windows 8 is actually just a reskinned version of Windows 7 and they are totally ripping people off by selling that OS.