• Welcome to Senior Gamers!

Senior Gamers [SNR] is a community for mature gamers aged 25+ years who primarily play on the PlayStation consoles.

We used this website from June 2012 until March 2020. Technology moved on during this time and we have now moved to Discord. If you are familiar with it already you'll know how quick and easy it is to use. If you haven't tried it yet, you really should!

You can browse this archived website to see what we posted over the years.

You can join us on Discord to see what we've posted more recently and to chat. Click on the link below to find us. We hope to see you there!

Senior Gamers Discord

PS4 I actually helped the team as a sniper yesterday!

Bogus4Real

Help with spellign, anyone!?
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I had a great sniping experience on Caspian Border yesterday. I were playing with a sniping rifle and mostly did hang out on high ground (read the wall), trying to support my team from a distance with capturing bases, and I actually felt like I was making a difference :)

I got no loooong fancy headshots, and I did not get that many points but it felt goooood when I could see that my team could capture a base partly because of my spots and well places bullets.

How do you guys feel about the sniper class?

Spruijt

Real men wear clogs
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Sniping is excellent! Especially the big maps on Battlefield are very suitable for the snipers.

Plaxinator

Wino extraordinaire
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I had a go of sniping last night as well. Didn't do too badly. I only have 2 sniper rifles unlocked so I used the first rifle (CSL something or other) with a 6x scope, canted iron sights and a straight pull bolt. Got more kills than I thought I would.

ColSonders

A.W.O.L.
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I had a go of sniping last night as well. Didn't do too badly. I only have 2 sniper rifles unlocked so I used the first rifle (CSL something or other) with a 6x scope, canted iron sights and a straight pull bolt. Got more kills than I thought I would.

That's a good setup, I have recently used the GOL that I just unlocked with just iron sights and it's actually really good in close proximity.

I've never really been one for sniping and it's no different on this game, so the canted iron sight combined with a x6-x8 scope is perfect for me, allowing long range and close range kills with ease.

I'm not sold on the straight pull bolt though....I keep using it and thinking it's the best setup as I rarely go prone to snipe (rarely snipe long ranges)....but then i'm so much in the habbit of unscoping after every sniper shot anyway it makes no difference.

Slaine

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I hate sniping altogether. I usually make it my goal to take out a sniper if he got me. Such is my hatred!!! I cant snipe at all which might go some way in explaining why I hate snipers so:oops:

Spruijt

Real men wear clogs
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I hate sniping altogether. I usually make it my goal to take out a sniper if he got me. Such is my hatred!!! I cant snipe at all which might go some way in explaining why I hate snipers so:oops:
Love you too honey :praise:

c00ky

Good for target practice
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
The videos are based on PC play, but I didnt realise there was a hold breath button? Anybody know it?

HERMAN_JELMET

Meatbag
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Yup its the same as BF3, hold L3.

Bogus4Real

Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I got the SRR-61 yesterday. What a difference compared to the CS-LR4! The increased bullet speed and the low bullet drop really does a big difference! Looking forward to play more with this gun!!

Plaxinator

Wino extraordinaire
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I got the SRR-61 yesterday. What a difference compared to the CS-LR4! The increased bullet speed and the low bullet drop really does a big difference! Looking forward to play more with this gun!!
That's like, the last sniper rifle you unlock. I have about 38,000 XP left to unlock it :(

I'm starting to enjoy the sniper guns a lot more now, but you need to know what maps are best to use that class on, or you are just cannon fodder.

Plaxinator

Wino extraordinaire
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I recently got my 500th kill with the CS-LR4. It was an okay gun, but I'm loving the Gol at the moment!
Say what?!
I only have 2 snipers unlocked.
CS-LR4 - 58 kills
M40A5 -2 kills

DrewePeacock

May contain sarcasm
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
What was your setup with it then?
I had 20x Scope, Straight Pull bolt and Range Finder with a Standard Barrel. I'll try to use that on all of my sniper rifles (when the attachments are available) as the setup worked really well. I found the Range Finder to be VERY useful.

c00ky

Good for target practice
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I had 20x Scope, Straight Pull bolt and Range Finder with a Standard Barrel. I'll try to use that on all of my sniper rifles (when the attachments are available) as the setup worked really well. I found the Range Finder to be VERY useful.
Although in the vids I uploaded the chap is sniping over 500m and Range Finder apparently doesn't show that.

I do want to get better at sniping, and the Lacang Dam, Silk Road, Rogue Transmission, and one other that escapes me seems to eb the best for setting upa nest an d then snipey sniping. I am pants on CQB, so even with 1 hit snipe rifle I would be sepnding most of my time watching my killer run away highlighted in orange...

DrewePeacock

May contain sarcasm
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Although in the vids I uploaded the chap is sniping over 500m and Range Finder apparently doesn't show that.

I do want to get better at sniping, and the Lacang Dam, Silk Road, Rogue Transmission, and one other that escapes me seems to eb the best for setting upa nest an d then snipey sniping. I am pants on CQB, so even with 1 hit snipe rifle I would be sepnding most of my time watching my killer run away highlighted in orange...
Would that be Flood Zone? I love sniping on that map. You'll find that there are nearly always snipers on the tallest buildings, so as long as you can see that it's game on! :gamer:

Bogus4Real

Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I
Would that be Flood Zone? I love sniping on that map. You'll find that there are nearly always snipers on the tallest buildings, so as long as you can see that it's game on! :gamer:
I don't like sniping from that high up (the same goes for the tower on Firestorm). You get such a small target when you are above the person.

My favourite sniping map is still caspian. metro on conquest is also good when you are down stairs, struggeling to get up to B (the stairway on the right is very good if you stands on the tracks, shooting on charlies running down).

Bogus4Real

Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I like the 8x scope because it gives you a bigger chance of surviving close to medium distance encounters.