The Board Game Hut - Great Games Supported By Great Service
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Senior Gamers!

We are a community for mature gamers who primarily play online games on PlayStation consoles (PS4, PS3, PS Vita). You can find out more in our About Us section.

If you are new to the site, why not register? By doing so and being an active member you can view the site without adverts, make posts and more. You can register here and even do so using Facebook, Twitter or Google+!

Howdy!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Macca72-, 5 Nov 2012.

1. Macca72-

Macca72- Newbie Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Macca72-
    Hi, I noticed a link on the official Playstation forum looking for old geezers who play games :grandpa: .
    I'm 40 years old and from Northern Ireland. I stopped playing games for about 18months, the only action my Playstation saw was when my nephew was down. Anyways, I have started playing again. I have been playing Killzone and I have been getting my ass kicked, I'm very rusty :roll: :lol:

2. Jkrohn1

Jkrohn1 5P4M 80T
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    JKrohn1
    Welcome, a few of the guys here play KZ3 on Wednesday nights you should try and join them this week.

What's your gaming history I assume you played something before a PS3.

Any games your looking at purchasing this year.

What games do you currently own/play or is it just Killzone.

3. Spruijt

Spruijt Real men wear clogs
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Spruijt
    Howdo Macca, welcome to the place where arthritis is the main reason we get our asses kicked. But we don't mind, we're having fun in the proces. Make yourself at home.

4. Macca72-

Macca72- Newbie Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Macca72-
    Hi Jkrohn1 . I started playing on a ps1, played all sorts of games on that console. Then bought a PS2 and Xbox, played loads of FPS and some 3rd person.
    I have Crysis 2 to play next and then I'm going to take another run through Metal Gear Solid 4 now that they've introduced trophies into the mix.
    Thanks for the welcome Spruijt

5. Jkrohn1

Jkrohn1 5P4M 80T
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    JKrohn1
    Great news on the Crysis 2 front some of us are ps+ users and will be getting that for free on Wednesday so we might be able to play together sometime :)

6. zoob

zoob I fight for the Users!
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    zb100
    Looking forward to joining you for a bit of multiplayer action in Crysis 2, although it feels weird typing that as I've not yet joined any of the regulars here yet, being a newcomer myself!

7. Martok

Martok Board Game Addict
    Staff Member Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Martok-
    Welcome to our website, Macca. :)

You've now got Ally access, which basically means you can now post in the PS forums and see our Events forum.

If you're looking for a home, then hopefully this place is what you're after. We're a bunch of older gamers (some have a decade or more on your age ;) ) who play for fun and don't care about kill/death ratios or if we win or lose (though if we're honest, winning is rather nice). If you would like to be a full member then all we ask is that you play a game or two with us online first (with comms so we can chat, it's more fun that way) and that you agree to sport the [SNR] tags in online games (which helps to advertise this community). That's pretty much it. We don't have any requirement for attending games evenings (though we hope you'd join in what you can) or for posting on the forums (though again we'd hope you'd visit fairly regularly and contribute to discussions). So, let us know if this is what you're after and if so as a full member you'd get access to the rest of our forums, a say in how the community runs, access to our on-site chat system and a few other things besides.

Do tell us a bit more about your favourite games on consoles gone by as well as what else you have played on the PS3. Us oldies do like to reminisce. :grandpa:

As has been mentioned, we play Killzone 3 on Wednesdays so do come along and join us. I'll send you a FR when I'm next online, so expect one from someone else who has a dash at the end of their PSN ID!

8. Slaine

Slaine Serious Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Torquemada
    Then you'll fit right in over here!! :lol:

Hi Macca and welcome to the Seniors. Nice to meet another Metal Gear Solid 4 fan too. Ive moaned about the lack of trophies for this for ages, and now theyve released a patch I havent had a chance to play it yet. :roll:

If you like your shooters, then I cant recommend Battlefield 3 enough. Very very good game, and its not to late to start playing.

Bung me a friends request and I hope to see you online soon. :thumbup:

9. Macca72-

Macca72- Newbie Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Macca72-
    Thanks for the welcome.
    Yes I would be up for playing online. This Wednesday is bad for me, I will be out this Wednesday but will make it for the following Wednesday for a bit o' Killzone3. When I stopped gaming regularly about 18 months ago, I sold my mic and camera(damn you Ebay :D ), so I will have to see about replacing them, but be warned I'm a man of few words :lol:
    I have been about music forums for quite a few years, and like to contribute on a daily basis, so I will stop by here and contribute what I can as often as I can, that would be good.
    I like my First Person Shooters, and some 3rd person.
    The first FPS that I played was Medal Of Honour Underground on the PS, hooked up to a massive 14 inch portable. Another big game on the PS1 was Castrol Honda Racing and the Die Hard series :shh:
    I then moved onto the Puss2.The first game that I bought on the PS2 was Medal Of Honour Frontline(funny enough it had nothing to do with killing dog or cat fleas) I played it to death, graphics amazed me :lol: .
    A few months later I bought an Xbox, it came with a copy of Halo, and it was by far the best shooter I had played, I played an awful lot of shooters on that console, if you can think of a FPS game, then I've probably played it on the Xbox. Halo1 & 2 got played a lot, great gameplay, graphics and music score.
    I then bought an Xbox360, I couldn't get one on release day, so I had to wait for 2 weeks for the console. A mate and I brought it down home and I couldn't wait to see what Call Of Duty 2 looked like on my new 24 inch TV. We got it connected up and were greeted by a screen telling me that the console needed service, I was feckin' gutted. So I took it back to the shop and had to wait a week for another console. The second console lasted about 3 months. My Xbox360 experience was dreadful, all in all I went through 5 consoles and 3 repairs. The only thing that I kept the 360 for was to see what Halo3 was like. It was a huge disappointment(offline, I hadn't got Internet at the time). So I put my console, 3 controllers, remote, headset, Halo3 and about 6 other games on Ebay, sold it and bought a PS3. The thing that pissed me off more than my 360 breaking down was the fact that the Microsoft Service Repair Centres, just didn't seem to care about all the trouble I had, they just offered me the choice of 1 free game, from 5 available or another controller. I built up a deep hatred for Microsoft :lol:
    Then onto the PS3, some of the games I bought at first just didn't run properly, but at least my console worked 100%. I started to play other games, apart from my usual FPS on the PS3. I think one of the first games was Ratchet And Clank, very good game, enjoyed it a lot, very colourful. Of all the games I've played on the puss3, Uncharted 2 has impressed me the most. I have yet to play Uncharted 3, but I will pick it up and play it over Christmas. Right now I'm going to play Crysis 2, I will see if the hype about the graphics is justified.
    Thank you for the invite Slaine, I have sent you a friends request.

10. ColSonders

ColSonders A.W.O.L.
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    ColSonders
    Lo Macca,

Welcome to Seniors, sounds like you'll fit in quite well here. I too would heartily recommend BF3, it's still this communities go to game and it's a lot of fun when you get squaded up with 3 other SNR (or even a team full of them!) and set out to give the general public some target practice.

Also you've found the right place for Killzone, i'm not a fan myself but there's a good following here.

I'll avoid the suggestion of chucking me a friends request just yet as I don't play Killzone, but i'm a regular BF3'er and I can see myself spending a lot of time on the new Need for Speed game, so if you pick up either of those hook me up with a friends request.

11. Martok

Martok Board Game Addict

PSN:
    Martok-
    Hi Macca

I've just chucked you a FR ready for Killzone 3 next Wednesday (shame you can't make this evening). Hope to see you online soon. :)

12. Martok

Martok Board Game Addict

PSN:
    Martok-
    Macca, I believe you have posted an intro on another forum today. Are you applying for full membership there? Are you after full membership here? Please let us know your intentions.

13. Macca72-

Macca72- Newbie Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Macca72-
    I just posted an introduction there, and I am making a few posts so that I can be part of a forum/board.

14. Martok

Martok Board Game Addict

PSN:
    Martok-
    That's fine, you're welcome to post on our forums. :)

Just be aware that if you would like full membership here and all the extras that this brings that we ask you to fly the [SNR] tags in online games were these are supported. You can be a member of other communities though, we don't have a problem with that. The other community that you have posted on, unless they have changed their policy recently, will only give you limited access to their forums unless you are applying for full membership.

15. Macca72-

Macca72- Newbie Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Macca72-
    I'm a member of a few music forums, most of them give you full access to the forum before you join, so that you can see the entire board and make up your mind whether or not it's for you. I realise that's not the case here, and it seems to be different on gaming forums/communities in general, sorry if I have caused any offence.

16. ColSonders

ColSonders A.W.O.L.
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    ColSonders
    Macca, don't worry about it mate, we're just trying to avoid any fuss that might occur if you apply to be a full member of both communities as (again unless a recent change in policy has occurred) OAP will not allow you to be a full member here as well as a full member there.

You certainly haven't caused any offence that i'm aware of, we just want to be as clear as possible up front to avoid confusion/annoyance later.

I'm a member of a few other forums outside of gaming and I concur it seems different in gaming (although i've also seen other forums where you need to supply a boat load of personal details to see anything at all, not even a description of what the group is about was available...needless to say I avoided these.) but we're fairly transparent, forum wise it's mostly community/organisation stuff that's behind closed doors, but we do have some very nice website features that are also available to full members.

17. Acegadgets

Acegadgets Not so serious gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Acegadgets
    Yes, The baby seal clubbing game on the chat bar thingy , available to members only is amazing. I could spend all day on that game happily clubbing away. :woot:

18. DarthRaiden666

DarthRaiden666 Warlock, Jedi, Sith... #66 PNMotorsport
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Darth_Raiden
    Hello Macca, fancy seeing you here too.

I'm a mighty ally as I have long time burnout buddies in SNR. Now NFS and GT5.

19. Acegadgets

Acegadgets Not so serious gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Acegadgets
    You playing NFS anytime soon long time burnout buddy?

20. DarthRaiden666

DarthRaiden666 Warlock, Jedi, Sith... #66 PNMotorsport
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Darth_Raiden

I've been playing it all week. But just exploring the map. Only got 10 smashes left. I'm at a gig tonight and Sunday night.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice