1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Senior Gamers!

We are a community for mature gamers who primarily play online games on PlayStation consoles (PS4, PS3, PS Vita). You can find out more in our About Us section.

If you are new to the site, why not register? By doing so and being an active member you can view the site without adverts, make posts and more. You can register here and even do so using Facebook, Twitter or Google+!

Hola from HoPE

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Jenxy_, 29 Jun 2012.

1. Jenxy_

Jenxy_ Semi-Regular Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Jenxy_
    Hiya Im Jenxy_ otherwise known as Sarah and I am applying for Ally status. I am a 32 year old gamer, also from Wales. Shoutout to the Wales Massive :lol:

I started gaming in about 1986/87, initially on my cousins Amstrad CPC 464. I loved it and managed to snag one from Santa at Christmas. Dizzy was my game of choice.

After the Amstrad I moved onto console gaming and got a Sega Master System shortly after release. Played masses of games of that, but always went back to the game that was ready installed on the console when you bought it, Alex Kidd. That music is infectious!

After this I long term borrowed the SNES, from a friend who had it bought for her and then quickly decided she hated gaming, sacrilege! On this console, I bizarrely loved to play tennis. Next was the Mega Drive and a love with Echo the Dolphin.

Then it was onwards and upwards with the awesome PS, followed by PS2 and then PS3, am now firmly a Sony fangirl!

My games of choice are FPS and I mainly play COD, with a little bit of BF3 in between.

I co-own hopegaming.com which is a female gaming community, once you get up and running we would love to have a little challenge against you. The most popular game in our community is COD but we should be able to get the numbers together for some other games.

What games do you anticipate that you folks would fancy an event on?

2. HaloJ

HaloJ Serious Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    HaloJ
    Echo the Dolphin, oh my that's a blast from the past. I never actually owned the Mega Drive but I did have the opportunity to play it regularly round at a family friends.

Woohoo another Sony fangirl! :wave:

Hope gaming was a big inspiration in the creation of this place. Very slick looking site, open and friendly and somewhere I should bloody well sign up to. No doubt we'll be chin wagging some technical niggles with you.

Gaming wise as yet I'm not sure what we have. Battlefield is the game with the numbers and there seems to be a penchant for driving games as well. Once were a little more settled we'll have a better picture but no doubt if we need extras we can call in the reserves using Allies.

Abs

3. Martok

Martok Board Game Addict
    Staff Member Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Martok-
    Welcome to the site, Jenxy_ :D

A good intro there. What games did you enjoy on the PS2? What else on the PS3 do you play? I've always been into FPS games, playing anything and everything on the PS3 from Killzone 1, Area 51, Battlefield Modern Combat, you name it I probably played it. I did enjoy driving games such as Burnout, Destruction Derby and Hardware Modern Combat. On the PS3 it's mostly been FPS games. I started with Rainbow 6 Vegas and CoD MW1 but moved onto Battlefield and Killzone and some Uncharted.

As Halo said, Hope Gaming was the inspiration for this site and we've talked details via Wilks on what you used and how things worked. A big thank you for that. :thumbup: I hope we can give something back in return for your site. :)

As we're just starting out and don't know yet what our strengths will be number-wise for games, how about we just have some friendly 'meet-up' events where we just play something for fun? If so, name your games and we'll arrange something.

I'm now making you an Ally, so you'll appear in green shortly. I thought I'd do you first before I get onto Wilks. ;)

I'll be over to Hope Gaming shortly to post my intro once I've got through some more posts here. :)

4. roger947

roger947 Semi-Regular Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    rogerjones947
    You'd better not let halo or wilks read that, they could get jealous :rofl:

5. Slaine

Slaine Serious Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Torquemada
    Hi Jenxy_, look forward to a match between us all then :thumbup:

6. Jkrohn1

Jkrohn1 5P4M 80T
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    JKrohn1
    Hi Jenxy_ i may have stumbled upon a BF3 server which was owned by Hope Gaming. I might see you on BF3 sometime :)

7. ZXstampie

ZXstampie Semi-Regular Gamer

PSN:
    ZXstampie
    I have also added the Hope server to my favorites, Welcome Jenxy, I need to pop over to your site to have a wonder around too!

:thumbup:

8. Jenxy_

Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Jenxy_
    Hiya thanks a lot for the warm welcomes, didnt reply last night as was busy on clan ops on MW3, hardcore last night, ugh! Plus I am not fully in action due to a fall down the stairs earlier this week. :grandpa:

@HaloJ yes a total Sony fangirl now, in truth I would love an X Box too but I simply just don't have the time to play on 2 consoles unfortunately. Thanks for the compliments re HoPE and you are welcome to chat to me about any issues, whatever. I am not the tech person though but will answer as best I can. Missy the co-owner is usually the best person to ask re techie stuff, I am sure she will sign up here too. She would have usually done so by now but shes been unwell and is still recuperating at the mo.

@Martok Hmm I am a bit of a one trick pony really and dont play that much else at the moment, although we do have various game nights on HoPE that I do take part in, whether that be Killzone 3, RDR, Burnout. Outside our events though, I tend to be on MW3.

Although I have just forked out for plus so maybes Ill start playing a bit more of a variety :D

I will be emailing or PMing re some questions we do have actually, who would be best to direct any questions to or does it not really matter?

If its a friendly meet up you fancy, maybes Burnout would be best for that, if you think that would work, Ill start a thread in challenge SNR.

Thanks to roger947, Slaine, Jkrohn1 and ZXstampie for the replies too. Stampie feel free to head over and say hi whenever :D

Look forward to getting a few games with you :D

9. Martok

Martok Board Game Addict
    Staff Member Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Martok-
    You can PM or email either of us. :)

Happy to start with anything really! Burnout does sound like a plan. For Plus players, there's also some of the free games that we could try together, I know I've got Warhammer installed and yet untried.

10. Slaine

Slaine Serious Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Torquemada
    Not a bad choice, especially as most of us should have it anyway after Sony gave it away after the hacking. Although I think it was a PS+ game as I think mines due to expire sometime in September, so might want to check that everyone elses copy is still valid.

Looking forward to the game, hopefully one of many!!! :mrgreen:

11. Alien_Chick

Alien_Chick Regular Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Alien_Chick
    Hi Jenxy_, great to see other ladies on here............I hope to catch you on Burnout soon :)

12. Jenxy_

Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Jenxy_
    Yes definitely look forward to getting lost in paradise :D