• Welcome to Senior Gamers!

Senior Gamers [SNR] is a community for mature gamers aged 25+ years who primarily play on the PlayStation consoles.

We used this website from June 2012 until March 2020. Technology moved on during this time and we have now moved to Discord. If you are familiar with it already you'll know how quick and easy it is to use. If you haven't tried it yet, you really should!

You can browse this archived website to see what we posted over the years.

You can join us on Discord to see what we've posted more recently and to chat. Click on the link below to find us. We hope to see you there!

Senior Gamers Discord

Hi

Talon1978

Occasional Gamer
Reaction score
Hi Guys

Just wanted to introduce myself as new to this fine group of old farts ;0)

Directed her by RootRockers who is by far and away the oldest fart of them all :0) Been gaming with him for 5 or 6 years now.

Feel free to add me on PSN: Talon1978 and mention the clan

Currently playing Destiny but also play Battlefield and Killzone

cheers
Talon1978

c00ky

Good for target practice
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Hiya and welcome!

Most of us old duffers are still asleep, but after nursey has given them bed baths and rub downs with linament or in @Martok case creosote, they will be along to poke you!

Slaine

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Hi mate and welcome to the Seniors. Getting quite a lot of new (ish) blood over here, which is nice.:) I'll bung you a Friends Request when I get home. Hope to see you online soon.

Martok

Board Game Addict
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Directed her by RootRockers who is by far and away the oldest fart of them all
Heh if only that was true! He may be 2 years older than me but he's a lot younger than @Acegadgets, the oldest of them all. He's so ancient he pre-dates creation. ;)

Anyway, welcome @Talon1978 :waving:

I'm guessing by your PSN ID that this is the year you were born in. You young 'un! There are a few other 'young' folk around here. It's quite a nice mix and there are no screaming teenagers! We do have some girls too. :D

You'll soon meet up with some Seniors by playing those games, though most of us didn't really get on with Killzone which is a shame as we loved its predecessors.

Do tell us some more about your gaming history, we do like to reminisce. What consoles and computers have you played on over the years? What are your favourite/most memorable games that you have played on these?

If you haven't done so already, do have a read through our About Us section which explains who we are and what we're all about etc. It also mentions our membership options - standard and full. When you've had some time to think about this, let us know which option you would like.

Hope to see you online soon. :)

Spruijt

Real men wear clogs
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Welcome Talon, enjoy your stay

Bogus4Real

Help with spellign, anyone!?
Senior Citizen
Reaction score

Talon1978

Occasional Gamer
Reaction score
Thanks guys

Only really got into gaming in a big way with Killzone 2 clocking over 200 hours online while a member of a clan called Shadow company where I met my good friend RootsRockers.

On leaving Shadow Company I then decided to start my own clan call Grumpy Old Men which grew to over 150 members but running it got too much when I got promoted at work and found very little time for gaming let alone running a website so handed over clan to some trusted friend and believe it is still going strong.

Since then I've hit all the KZ, some of the COD and all of the battlefields hard but not gamer much over the last year due to work commitments but now have a new job which should allow a little more gaming.

The thing you will discover about me it that I am almost 100% an online player, only ever touching campagknee (as I call it) when the internets down.

Anyway a short history but shan't waffle on any more as I know the attention span of the elderly is fairly short :0)

Cheers Talon

Martok

Board Game Addict
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Heh, I think some of the Seniors know a few Grumpy Old Men players from BF4. :)

Talon1978

Occasional Gamer
Reaction score
A Norwich fan born in Norwich but no longer live there darth

PNMotorsportUK

Warlock, Jedi, Sith... #66 PNMotorsport
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
A Norwich fan born in Norwich but no longer live there darth

Funny that I was born in Norwich too. Still work in Norwich but now living across the border in Suffolk.

Friend request in post.

Acegadgets

Not so serious gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Welcome to the SNRs talon

Pafkes

Wait for it
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
welcome Talon!

NVranya

Oi! Who stole my pretty green letters?
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Welcome @Talon1978 , like the others, I also sent out a FR.
Enjoy your stay, just be quiet in the afternoon when I take my nap! :)

Jkrohn1

5P4M 80T
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Welcome Talon, I'm just getting into the Destiny grinding part, happy with it so far. Would love to play Kill zone again maybe next time I have some spare time I'll throw an event up.

See you online.