• Welcome to Senior Gamers!

Senior Gamers [SNR] is a community for mature gamers aged 25+ years who primarily play on the PlayStation consoles.

We used this website from June 2012 until March 2020. Technology moved on during this time and we have now moved to Discord. If you are familiar with it already you'll know how quick and easy it is to use. If you haven't tried it yet, you really should!

You can browse this archived website to see what we posted over the years.

You can join us on Discord to see what we've posted more recently and to chat. Click on the link below to find us. We hope to see you there!

Senior Gamers Discord

Hi guys looking to become full member

PM_1980

Semi-Regular Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
My name is Paul and im a 34 year old gamer from Derby, in the East Midlands. I have only recently came over to PS4 from years of Xbox 360 and XB1, the pad is taking some getting used to but I love it. The games I'm playing at the moment are TLOU and BF4, I play mainly week nights due to work commitments and also my two children who I have at weekends, but if it's possible to grab a few games at weekends I do so : )
Not quite sure what else to tell you, im just looking for a group of friendly people to play with going lone ranger online is no fun. Hope to catch up with some of you guys soon
Thanks

zoob

I fight for the Users!
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Hiya Paul. Nice to meet you.

PM_1980

Semi-Regular Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Thanks, you too

c00ky

Good for target practice
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Hiya!

There are a few of us BF4 addicts here - I am missing my PS4 fix at the mo otherwise you would have already had a FR from me.

Some of us are Premium and have all the maps and others just dabble with the base game with the odd DLC addon. We are all pretty relaxed about what we play bogh game mode and map type.

Hopefully @DrewePeacock , @NitaNitro5 , @Bogus4Real ,@Plaxinator ,@Sportsvee ,@Bloodfairy ,@Hondavee4 or some of the other retrobates will post shortly.

I hope to be back playing BF4 next week so will hook up with you then!

PM_1980

Semi-Regular Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Sounds good! Have already added drewe yesterday and he gave me the heads up to come here. Had premium on XB1 but so far I just have DT and NS on PS4, looking forward to getting some game time with you guys soon Thanks

DrewePeacock

May contain sarcasm
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Hey @PM_1980, good to see you made it over here :D.

As @c00ky said, there are a few of us who play BF4 regularly. I think some of us will be on tonight.

Hope to catch you on BF4 or TLoU soon!

Martok

Board Game Addict
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Hi @PM_1980 :waving:

It's a bit quieter around here on a Sunday, I believe some members may be experiencing something called "real life" and may be away from their PlayStations and computers. :o

To help us get to know you a bit better, here's a few questions (do feel free to ask us questions too!):

1. How did you find out about Senior Gamers?
  2. Your PSN_ID - how did you come about this? Is it your intials and year of birth, or something else?
  3. Tell us some more about your gaming history - consoles and PCs played on over the years, favourite games on the various machines etc
  4. Will you be getting Destiny? It looks like it'll be a popular game around here going by the experiences we had in the Alpha and Beta trials.
It's great to hear you are after full membership. You'll find that we are a friendly bunch and hopefully this community will meet your needs. Hopefully you've read our About Us page (and the Benefits one too). All we ask in return is that you play online with us first with comms so we can chat and have a laugh (plus it makes it easier to work together in BF4 and other games) and that you agree to fly the [SNR] tags in online games. If you're happy with this then once you get some vouches from Seniors who play online with you then we'll sort out your membership.

Hope to see you online soon. :)

Plaxinator

Wino extraordinaire
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Hello and welcome to the light side. As that reprobate @c00ky has said, I am one of the BF4ers. I've just recently got The Last of Us so will hopefully be digging into that as well.
Catch you about!

PM_1980

Semi-Regular Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Thanks for the warm welcome guys, to answer some of the questions I posted a thread on the playstation forums looking for people to team up with on BF4 and your group was one of the ones suggested, and I liked the sound of it so I contacted drewe and here I am
My id came from my XBL GT and that came from my initials and year of birth
I played the Destiny beta and quite enjoyed it, although I'm not sure how long it will be until it becomes stale, seems to be quite repeatative

PM_1980

Semi-Regular Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Gaming history is mainly on console's going back to master system and mega drive with most console's since I have owned. Favourite games now that's a biggy, has been so many I'd say I'm mainly a fan of fps games with a keen interest in sports sims too, but I tend to take each game as it comes I wouldn't refuse to try any game just on genre alone I'll happily try any game really :)

PM_1980

Semi-Regular Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Thanks mate :)

Skarpar

Regular Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Welcome,

Not a player of BF4 (I play warframe at the moment) but I will be getting Destiny so I will likely cross paths with you more likely then - but if you every decide to come play warframe then shoot me a message and I'm sure we can get you addicted playing too :D

PM_1980

Semi-Regular Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I have Warframe mate and haven't really given it a proper go, will have to get you guys added so I can see who plays what will give you a shout if I can get off BF4 or TLOU :)

NitaNitro5

Gypsy
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Good afternoon and welcome!
In case you're not aware, I'm @DrewePeacock's wife. I call everyone 'Gypsy'. I'm very average at BF4 until there's no-one looking - then I'm devastatingly awesome. If I insult you in-game, I probably like you enormously.
That'll do, see you on the BF sometime! :)

Bogus4Real

Help with spellign, anyone!?
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Welcome! I am addicted to BF4.I'm
also from Sweden. If that's ok with you, you are more than welcome to send me a friend request!

PM_1980

Semi-Regular Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Thanks guys catch you both soon hopefully :)

Skarpar

Regular Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I have Warframe mate and haven't really given it a proper go, will have to get you guys added so I can see who plays what will give you a shout if I can get off BF4 or TLOU :)
If you haven't given it a proper go then you might want to wait a few weeks (hopefully) until U14 is shipped and it gets a major UI overhaul so you can experience it 'fresh', plus there seems to be a better newbie experience and it actually shows you how to start playing the game and all the various aspects of the game that weren't explained in it's current state.

PM_1980

Semi-Regular Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I'll do that then thanks mate

Slaine

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Hi Paul and welcome to the Seniors. I too was a previous Xbox fan boy. Decided to make the switch after Microsofts now infamous E3 reveal.
Im the same, I like all games with the exception of sports games.
Ive sent you a Friends Request. Hope to get a game or two soon