The Board Game Hut - Great Games Supported By Great Service
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Senior Gamers!

We are a community for mature gamers who primarily play online games on PlayStation consoles (PS4, PS3, PS Vita). You can find out more in our About Us section.

If you are new to the site, why not register? By doing so and being an active member you can view the site without adverts, make posts and more. You can register here and even do so using Facebook, Twitter or Google+!

Hi all

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Hondavee4, 16 Dec 2012.

1. Hondavee4

Hondavee4 Regular Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Hondavee4
    Hi, just stumbled across your site via twitter, 45 yr old hopeless at battlefield and gt5 but love em to death anyway

2. ChrissPeacock

ChrissPeacock Serious Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    ChrissPeacock
    Welcome H, have a look around and relax. We're mostly a friendly bunch here and many of us are crap at BF3 and GT5 too so I'm sure you'll feel at home.

So, Honda V4... I'm wondering if that is in a frame or chassis?

Your PSN id implies a petrol head, but tell us more about yourself, what is your gaming background, what are you playing most at the moment?

3. Hondavee4

Hondavee4 Regular Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Hondavee4
    Hi chriss, that's in frame mate, i love all things petrol, bikes from year dot and more recently all things 4 wheels

Play mainly bf3 k/d @0.48 and gt5 but ill turn my hand to tekken tag 2 as well (not online yet though)

Looking forward to jumping into one of your bf nights

4. Jkrohn1

Jkrohn1 5P4M 80T
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    JKrohn1
    Hi Lee, most of us play bf3 most days of the week, what other games do you currently have? When did you start gaming. Assuming your from Liverpool and a Liverpool fan too, I'm not a sport fan myself. Do you have a mic you use when gaming?

5. Slaine

Slaine Serious Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Torquemada
    Hi Hondavee4, nice to meet you :thumbup:

If you're crap at BF3 then you're in good company here. Some of our players are pretty good, but rest assured we all play for fun and you'll never be called a "gey noob" here. Presumably you're a Premium member?

So how did you hear about our site then? Any other games gracing your PS3 at the mo? Ever go on the 360 at all?

Way things work around here is you join us for a game (Thursday night for Battlefield 3 would be good), come with headset and join us on our own server. Hopefully you'll have a good laugh and want to become a permanent fixture, and that'll pretty much be it.

I'll make some room on my Friends List and bung you an invite. Im Torquemada on the PSN just to confuse you :crazy:

Hopefully see you Thursday night!! :D

6. Acegadgets

Acegadgets Not so serious gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Acegadgets
    Hi Honda, my K/D ratio is 0.47 but i rarely come bottom of the scoreboards as i like to do the objectives, prefer to try to stab someone rather than shoot them in the back and often lose half a dozen lives trying to destoy a tank as a foot soldier.
    I should be back on GT 5 soon, where i usually come last. what other games are you into, or getting for christmas?

7. ChrissPeacock

Senior Citizen

PSN:
    ChrissPeacock
    Most excellent to get another biker on here, there are a couple more hiding somewhere too.

I'm gonna guess at RC45?

I currently have a 955i Daytona but have had loads of bikes and cars over the years.

Back to gaming, sadly we ran the last official SNRGT5 session on Saturday but I may be on one evening in the week with a couple of others, in which case feel free to dive in, send me a friend request when you can.

I do also play BF3 and no doubt will be on at some point this week, again don't be shy, dive in and join us...

Looking forward to some games in the week already!

Catch you soon,

ChrisP.

8. ChrissPeacock

Senior Citizen

PSN:
    ChrissPeacock
    Just read this back and realised I've made it sound worse than it is, I meant to say the last GT5 session until the New Year!

9. Spruijt

Spruijt Real men wear clogs
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Spruijt
    Hi Honda and welcome. Make yourself at home and I'll see you online soon.

10. Hondavee4

Hondavee4 Regular Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Hondavee4
    unfortunately the recession took care of my biking days and my gixer thou has moved on, i did used to have a few fireblades and vfr750's (wish it was a rc45!!) but now its four wheels i am interested in

battlefield and gt5 is all i really play now but i have got tekken tag 2 which is cool
    i also have the latest cod but its not really different to the older versions

in battlefield i am a premium member with all the maps, loving the new aftermath pack and the b2k pack but what was inbetween was ok
    love gb and metro with max tickets, nearly always on CQ although i do like scavenger

11. HaloJ

HaloJ Serious Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    HaloJ
    Big fan of the Aftermath expansion myself and love the scavenger mode as an alternative to squeezing a TDM into a rotation. Personally I try and avoid max ticket rounds especially on Metro due to the notoriety of spawn camping lockdown. As ChrissP said we've shelved official Saturday GT5 nights until the New Year due to sporadic turnouts as everyone is getting busy with real lives in the run up to the holiday season. We've a couple of members who regularly play Battlefield (every night) with the rest of the community joining in on Wednesdays and Thursdays (the regular slot). We've also got a Premium special setup for this Sunday which will encompass pretty much everything bar Close Quarters due to that expansion limiting the room size.

Feel free to chuck me a friends request and hope to speak to you online soon presuming you have comms?

Abs

12. Hondavee4

Hondavee4 Regular Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Hondavee4
    Oh forgot to say, mic is charged up and ready... If you can understand my West Country accent :)

13. Macca72-

Macca72- Newbie Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Macca72-
    Welcome to the forum, I'm no longer the new guy :D
    I used to ride a zx7r and built a gsxr1100 streetfighter a few years ago but ended up selling it earlier this year.

14. Hondavee4

Hondavee4 Regular Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Hondavee4
    Have added you all.... I work shifts so it can be awkward but on lates I get home just after 1030 and play for a while if anyone's around

15. Hondavee4

Hondavee4 Regular Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Hondavee4
    That's a stunning eleven mate, very nice indeed

16. ColSonders

ColSonders A.W.O.L.
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    ColSonders
    Hi Honda,

Welcome to the madhouse!

It's interesting to see you play TTT2, not really into that scene these days but I do have fond memories of the first TTT back in the day and I've loosely followed the Tekken games until they all went online and I realised I only know one person that owned the game to play offline with (online is lag ridden bollocks where you fight against the lag to pull off your bread and butter combo's).

Not played TTT2 myself, is it actually any good? I fear that you can almost kill someone just from one stun move if you've got the lift-juggle-juggle-juggle thing going on well enough, I was never all that good on the first TTT but got to the stage on Tekken 5 where I could do a good 70% + damage guaranteed if I got the starting lift move in.

Oh and i'm one of the "every night" Battlefield players, feel free to chuck me a friends request if you fancy getting some battlefield on, DrewePeacock and I play most nights and are currently both working towards 100% assignments! Neither of us will get there any time soon though.

17. Hondavee4

Hondavee4 Regular Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Hondavee4
    Hi mate, I've not played ttt2 online yet, I havnt played the series much in the past few years and as it came with the dreaded online code I thought I'd try it for a few weeks 1st....as it was only £23 in tesco at the time with £5 off your next shop too I got it for £18 which was a bargain
    It is very good though, 50 odd characters so your fav is there somewhere
    I've heard the online play is extremely good and I am keen to try at some point and then aftermath turned up and it's not been out f the case since

Ill add ya later tonight pal thanks

18. ian8560

ian8560 Newbie Gamer

PSN:
    ian8560
    Hi Honda

Good playing with you tonight I'll add you when I'm on next. To keep the bike theme going I'll add mine soon as i cant figure out how to do it on my phone right now :think: . Its only a 600 but it keeps me entertained!! :D

19. Acegadgets

Acegadgets Not so serious gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Acegadgets
    hopefully i can get a few more games in with honda and ian. Forgot to mention i had a couple of hondas earlier in the year, a rebel and a hornet. I was going to be a born again biker, but lack of money and shit weather put me off.

20. Hondavee4

Hondavee4 Regular Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Hondavee4
    Yeah thanks guys, it was good till I got disconnected :/

Hopefully I'll get on tonight at some point ...

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice