The Board Game Hut - Great Games Supported By Great Service
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Senior Gamers!

We are a community for mature gamers who primarily play online games on PlayStation consoles (PS4, PS3, PS Vita). You can find out more in our About Us section.

If you are new to the site, why not register? By doing so and being an active member you can view the site without adverts, make posts and more. You can register here and even do so using Facebook, Twitter or Google+!

hi all

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Dmk222, 14 Sep 2012.

1. Dmk222

Dmk222 Regular Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Dmk222
    hi everyone i'm not very good with intro's but here goes
    about me
    names mark i'm 40 and married with 2 kids

gaming history
    i've been gaming for about 28 years , i started on the vic 20 with my first game being rockman i've had more or less every console or games machine there has been made over the years ,
    at present i own PS3 and XBOX 360
    my favourites all time games are command and conquer ,destruction derby and doom

present gaming
    at moment i'm mainly playing BF3 on PS3 and XBOX and MOH 2010 on PS3
    reason i play 2 consoles is because my daughter likes playing toy story on the xbox and little big planet on the PS3

my hobbies
    i like speedway ,formula 1 , football , besides getting out with the kids on our bikes ,OH almost forgot love gaming as well

hope to see some of you guys online
    psn dmk222
    xbox dmk222
    battlelog dmk222

2. Jkrohn1

Jkrohn1 5P4M 80T
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    JKrohn1
    Hi mark, welcome I noticed you registered a while back thanks for the intro :)

Most of us are currently on BF3 as it's the game of choice here. We do play other games but not as much as BF3.

Hope to see you online some time :)

Do you have comms? We like to chat and have a laugh when gaming.

3. HaloJ

HaloJ Serious Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    HaloJ
    Yay! You finally posted! :D

Hi Mark and welcome.

So you're a real life petrol head and one man army on the consoles? We've a couple of multiplatform owners here. One swears by letting his daughter play minecraft on the XBox. I'm addicted to the pocket edition of it on the mobile. :thumbup: Doom was great in it's day and such a huge leap forwards from Wolfenstein 3D before it.

My other half (Martok) tells me you found us through the PS forums? So what kind of membership are you after? Full fat or lite? Lite would suit if you're part of another community with full fat being the choice if you wish to make Senior Gamers you home from home. As you're likely already aware we're an easy going community, playing fairly for fun without the need to cheat and with real life taking a precedence.

Abs

4. Dmk222

Dmk222 Regular Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Dmk222
    Martok give me the link to the website ,not sure how things work with membership I'm not part of any community as such but I go on different forums but there mainly Xbox ,I go on BF3 mainly at night I try to use headset normally when I'm home alone or everybody's in bed late at night
    Forgot to mention in my intro I used to play battlefield 2 modern combat until they switched the servers off on Xbox

5. Jkrohn1

Jkrohn1 5P4M 80T
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    JKrohn1
    Sons of b#&£$%s I played that on Xbox, I suppose it had next to no players when they shut it off though. a rouge group played halo 24/7 just to keep the servers on, that's dedication.

6. Martok

Martok Board Game Addict
    Staff Member Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Martok-
    I certainly did, welcome to our website, Dmk222. :)

I suggest you read the About section up there ^^^ (and nicely linked by me here). That explains all about us and our membership options so you can make an informed decision.

Folk will also ask you a bunch of questions in this thread so do keep an eye on it and try to answer these as it helps us to get to know you better. :)

7. Spruijt

Spruijt Real men wear clogs
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Spruijt
    Hiya Mark, welcome to SNR. Make yourself at home and I'll see you on the Battlefield.

8. ChrissPeacock

ChrissPeacock Serious Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    ChrissPeacock
    Hi DMK. So far it sounds like you will fit in. I'm a fellow petrol head, both bikes and cars.

I may well be online later so if you want to throw me a friend request you'll be able to see what I'm up to and dive in.

Hope to see you online...

9. Dmk222

Dmk222 Regular Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Dmk222
    we're away for the wkend but i may well join you next week

10. Slaine

Slaine Serious Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Torquemada
    Hi Mark, nice to meet you more formally!!! :thumbup:

Im a big 360 fan, and Ive got a PS3 too. My daughter is nuts about Minecraft on the 360, so when she tires of Toy Story see if she'll like that.

The reason that this community, and others like it, exist is really just a meeting of minds. We're all of similar ages, a lot of us have got kids, and its nice to game and chat with people who are more akin to yourself. Moreover, after a period of time, we all become very firm friends and can guarantee when we turn our console on there will be a friendly face to may be join in a game or two. Lone wolf on Battlefield 3 can be tedious, especially playing against an organised squad. And there are plenty of other games that really are best enjoyed with friends.

Im going to send out some FR to you if thats ok. Im OAP Slaine on the 360 and Torquemada on the PS3 just to confuse you :? :lol:

So glad you decided to stop by, and look forward to our first game together!! :mrgreen:

11. Martok

Martok Board Game Addict

PSN:
    Martok-
    Hi Dmk222

I hope you've had a chance to read the About section of our website. So, have you decided on what membership you are after - full or lite?

Full membership gives you complete access to these forums (currently many are hidden from you), access to our chat system, a space on our VIP list for the BF3 server and more besides. Lite membership (which is generally for members of other communities or those who don't really want to be part of a community) gives a little more access to this website. We request that full members participate in our forums and in some of our gaming evenings plus wear the [SNR] tags in online games. If you are after full membership, then we'll want to play with you online in a games evening or two with comms so we can chat to you and vice versa. Anyway, let us know what you are after.

We've got another BF3 evening organised for Thursday so maybe you can join us then, though you may find some folk on during the week.

12. Acegadgets

Acegadgets Not so serious gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Acegadgets
    There's probably a few of us on Battlefield tonight, Its the one night a week when mum lets me stay up late, so If you fancy a game and you see this, send me a friends request.
    Edit :- To the others, there isnt an event posted for tonight, is anyone on?

13. Dmk222

Dmk222 Regular Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Dmk222
    Thanks everyone for the replies I have just got back from a very wet and cold wkend away (we have a caravan) ,our Internet was a weak signal,
    On membership I would like to get on bf3 with some of you guys I'll some FR out
    thursday sounds good ,my gaming depends on what the family are doing so sometimes it can be difficult to use a mic through the day ,
    I use different forums quite a lot not just gaming forums this is the first community forum I've used though and it sounds good ,

14. Dmk222

Dmk222 Regular Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Dmk222
    added you thanks

15. Martok

Martok Board Game Addict

PSN:
    Martok-
    Dmk, you can game with us on BF3 as a full member (Senior), a lite member (Ally) or just by turning up on our server (no membership at all). What you need to decide is what involvement you would like with our community.

This community was set up so that a group of like-minded people can get together to chat on these forums about gaming in general and to organise games events which include Battlefield 3 but also other games too (see our Events calendar for what we've run so far). As a community for mature gamers, we are also looking for others who have the same ethos that we do - gaming for fun and not for kill/death ratio or high scores. Essentially, we're looking not just for others to game and chat with but for friendship in the gaming world. That is what becoming a full member (Senior) is all about. Now if you think that is for you i.e. you want to play online with us AND visit our forums regularly to chat AND make friends with us, then that's great. If you just want a casual game on BF3 at times with us and nothing more, then our membership lite (Ally) is what you'll want.

So, please do re-read our About section, my previous post where I mentioned some of the things you get with full membership and what I've written above and have a think about what you would like. Then when you're ready, do tell us if you want 'Full membership' or 'Ally status'. :)

16. Dmk222

Dmk222 Regular Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Dmk222
    i think the ally status would suit me better thanks

17. ChrissPeacock

ChrissPeacock Serious Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    ChrissPeacock
    Can we not twist your arm to go full fat and help fly the flag for SeniorGamers?

You get much fresher cake and we'll have a chance to chat about Speedway, is Crump still the man or has it moved on?

18. Acegadgets

Acegadgets Not so serious gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Acegadgets
    Dont suppose you have GT5 matey> I'm trying to get a few casual races up and running with people in the seniors / Allies. Only problem with half membership is that all the posts regarding the likes of racing games have to be put in the general discussion section as only full members can read them if they are in our racing forum and currently we dont have a large amount of racers in the seniors.
    Theres also loads of stuff on Battlefield and other FPS posted in our other senior forums. Particularly some good sections on hints and tips for the likes of BF3 .

19. Dmk222

Dmk222 Regular Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Dmk222
    i would like to m8 but if it means commitment i would struggle i spend more time on forums than gaming nowadays with the family if i see you guys on bf3 i will join u and try to have a mic where possible ,i've played on MOH 2010 with the same guys for the past year now but none of them play bf3

on speedway chris holden seems to be coming through strong at moment ,reason i like speedway i used to go to the original belle vue stadium to watch speedway and F1 stock cars with my dad before it was knocked down i still remember walking through the pits listening to those big block V8's

20. Dmk222

Dmk222 Regular Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Dmk222
    yes i have it m8 i've only ever played once though if i see you online playing it i'll try and join u if i'm not to busy

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice