1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Senior Gamers!

We are a community for mature gamers who primarily play online games on PlayStation consoles (PS4, PS3, PS Vita). You can find out more in our About Us section.

If you are new to the site, why not register? By doing so and being an active member you can view the site without adverts, make posts and more. You can register here and even do so using Facebook, Twitter or Google+!

Hi all

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by DrewePeacock, 22 Aug 2012.

1. DrewePeacock

DrewePeacock May contain sarcasm
    Staff Member Senior Citizen

PSN:
    DrewePeacock
    Hey guys / gals

Hope everyone is well!

My (nick)name is Percy, and I'm an alcoholic avid BF3 player. I'm 36 and am from the Midlands.

Gaming history - well, I had a 16k Speccy a million years ago, then rediscovered gaming through PS1 and have owned a PS2 and PSP since, as well as my trusty PS3. I like the Uncharted series (SP though) and GT (although I don't have a wheel anymore), but the Battlefield series is where it's at for me.

I'm not in a clan or anything, although I do have a tag - PHUQ (pronounced ****) which is an album by my favourite band, The Wildhearts. I usually play with a few RL friends and my wife, although she recently broke her wrist so hasn't been on for a while. I use a mic if I'm on with friends, and we always work together to meet the objective.

BF3 wise, I play the objective 90% of the time. Unless someone stabs me, or becomes my Nemsis, then I tend to go tag hunting. :lol: I usually play CQ, although I do play the other modes occasionally. I'm a Premium member too btw.

Maybe catch you guys online for a round later. I'll search for your server when I get home.

Oh, I found the site by browsing the BF3 forum on PSN. You guys seem to talk sense on there, rather than the kidz speak!

Cheers, see you on the battlefield!

P

2. Jkrohn1

Jkrohn1 5P4M 80T
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    JKrohn1
    Hey percy, welcome. Most of us will be on BF3 tomorrow night so perfect time to join us if your available. :)

Wildhearts do a freaking sweet cover of the cheers theme :) not heard much of there music tho.

Thx for the info on how you found us helps us getting more users :)

3. HERMAN_JELMET

HERMAN_JELMET Meatbag

PSN:
    HERMAN_JELMET
    Alright Floppy knob,

Welcome, How did you hear about us? Just wondering so we know which part of the propaganda machine is working and who to beat for not doing their job :)

Are you after the diet membership or the full fat option? The latter offering premium content, Just like BF3 :)

I'm off to listen to some classic jungle whilst washing up, Toodle Pip.

Oh and enjoy :thumbup:

4. Martok

Martok Board Game Addict

PSN:
    Martok-
    Welcome to our home, DrewePeacock! :D

Loving the PSN name! I wonder how many people don't get it... :lol: You've already met Herman_Jelmet in his post above so you should feel at home here.

So, your nickname is Percy? I take it that's not your real name then? Are you called that along the same lines as your PSN name or is there another story behind that?

I started with the Speccy many moons ago, though it was it's predecessor, the ZX81 that I first had. What did you play on yours? I recall Jet Set Willy (of course) and Lords of Midnight, plus the frustrating times of waiting for 10 mins for the game to load from tape only for it to fail right at the end because the volume was set just a fraction too high! :rant:

Good to hear you love BF3, it's a big hit around here at the moment. We've got our own server (search for Senior Gamers or SNR and you'll find it). We've got a game evening organised on it tomorrow night which you'd be most welcome to join. :) You may also be interested in some Uncharted 3 online (I know you said you'd only played the SP) and we play this every Tuesday.

Please do invite them along to our server tomorrow too if they'd like to join in the fun.

We play BF3 for fun around here but like you we play the objectives and all use comms. It helps in the game, plus we have a chat and a laugh too. Most of us are either Premium members or have bought the Close Quarters DLC and we're looking forward to Armored Kill.

Regarding membership, would you be after our full fat option? This gives you full and unbridled access to our forums and chat system (though you'll have to keep out of JKRohn's chair, it stinks of wee and he'll shout at you if you sit in it) and many other benefits besides, including a place on our VIP list on our server. Plus of course, you'd get to wear the [SNR] tag in online games (which we ask full members to use to help spread the word about us). Alternatively there is the lite option, which is usually for members of other communities, which gives you a little more access to our forums and no other commitment. Anyway, let us know what you'd like.

Hope to see you online soon. :)

5. Spruijt

Spruijt Real men wear clogs
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Spruijt
    :rofl: Nice choice of words

Anyhoo, welcome Percy. Nice to see the bf3 thread is working. A lot of bf3 players on here, so you're good there. The only children talking will be the unfed babies in the background and Acegadgets (can't understand his mumbling either)

Hope to meet you online on one of our events :thumbup:

6. LSD-39

LSD-39 Newbie Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    LSD-39
    Welcome to the site mate, you've found the best place on the internet :)

I'm the same as you on the objectives, I don't just like to scrape through, i'd rather steam roller the enemy then muck about when all the flags are blue. There's some things we never do though like spawn camping or taking enemy vehicles from their base. Every player has a right to spawn, choose a vehicle & leave his base in safety. After that though its game on !! :D

I'll be on Battlefield 3 tomorrow night all evening so i'll hopefully see you there. Nice to meet you.

PS. sorry to hear about your wife's broken wrist but that set my dirty mind working :) what were you making the poor girl do? sounds like a bedroom injury HaHa :D

7. DrewePeacock

PSN:
    DrewePeacock
    Thanks for the warm welcome! :)

I'm replying from my phone, so excuse poor formatting.

As you all seem so friendly (it'll never last!) I'll go for full fat membership if accepted. :)

As for the name, there's a bunch of us. ChrissPeacock, LouPeacock, AlumPeacock and FlaPeacock, although the last one isn't in use yet. :)

Wifey fell over in a garden, but we've been telling everyone that it's a wanking injury as its a better story. Haha!

I've forgotten the other questions. Sorry, my brain is old and bent.

Oh, I like to play fair too. No spawn camping or any of that nonsense. I do make the occasional jet ramming mistake, but that's down to poor skills.

The only speccy game that I really remember was called Sabotuer I think. It was a ninja running around the place. Maybe I dreamt it though.

I did play Star Wars Galaxies for a couple of years though and was in a clan then, so I know how it works.

Anyway, catch you guys soon!

8. HaloJ

HaloJ Serious Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    HaloJ
    Welcome to the nut house. :crazy: Everyone has been at the salts as of late around here so please excuse the giggling and snickering at the word cock. :clap: With your friends with names like that may I ask what your wife's PSN handle is? :shifty: Myself and Martok are gaming partners. We tried to live for 6 months with only one PS3 after a YLOD but found that we almost stopped gaming so we bought a second console and have never looked back. :thumbup:

For full membership we like to get a game on comms with you. Tonight maybe an awkward one as we've got a Killzone event and I understand some members are also partaking in Beta trials although there will no doubt be some on BF3. We are however having a knees up on Battlefield tomorrow night (Thursday) if you'd like/are available to join?

See you online soon,

Abs

9. ColSonders

ColSonders A.W.O.L.

PSN:
    ColSonders
    Good stuff, you won't regret it....straight away :D

My god it's the Waltons!

Fair enough accidentally ramming your jet into someone, we all fly beyond our skill level at times, it's the shits that fly their jet into me on purpose, they don't even bother shooting, just fly straight into me, that really winds me up. I do try to take it as a compliment of how hard a time they've had from my air antics though.

Phuq - good album, I think the only Wildhearts I've got is their early Best of Album, which is phuqing tremendous. I've met Ginger, as have a load of my mates, in fact one of my mates was touring with him on bass for a while, crazy stuff.

10. Acegadgets

Acegadgets Not so serious gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Acegadgets
    All this fair play is for wooses. Kill them , Kill them all. I didn't get my 2.7:/1 K/D ratio by messing around and being nice to people! :rant:
    Sorry for the short reply, I'm off to a noob server to do some jet ramming and spawn camping ! :evil:
    I'll send out a friends request so i can play with some cocks. :crazy:

11. HERMAN_JELMET

HERMAN_JELMET Meatbag

PSN:
    HERMAN_JELMET
    Looks like Ace hasn't taken his medication and done a runner from the basement, Someone get the cattle prod!

12. Acegadgets

Acegadgets Not so serious gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Acegadgets
    Some good games with percy this evening. Hope i haven't put you off the seniors , i'm not really a typical SNR, most of the rest are pretty good players and a bit quieter than me.
    You probabably enjoyed the interlude when my dog jumped onto to the table next to be spilling my pint of John Smiths all over my mini fridge and fusing all the electrics in the house, sending me offline for a while.
    Wednesdays are a bit quiet, we've a few more on battlefield later in the week, hope to join you then.
    Ask your cocky mates to pop in, the more the merrier.

13. ColSonders

ColSonders A.W.O.L.

PSN:
    ColSonders
    Played with Droopy tonight.

Sound as a pound.

14. HaloJ

HaloJ Serious Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    HaloJ
    Superb! :thumbup: If he's not run screaming after Ace's self confessed monologue I'll sort out his access tomorrow. :D

Abs

15. roger947

roger947 Semi-Regular Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    rogerjones947
    Well they do say that alchohol affects your performance :rofl:

16. Slaine

Slaine Serious Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Torquemada
    Hi Droopy, and a belated welcome to the Seniors!!

Hope to get a game with you soon. :thumbup:

17. DrewePeacock

PSN:
    DrewePeacock
    Had a few games with Acegadgets and Colsanders last night - cheers for that guys! I'm hoping to be online later for a good session, so will hopefully catch more of you then.

Glad to see that the PSN name has met with approval, and that the knob gags have come out! :evil:

18. shadstah

shadstah Semi-Regular Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Shadstah
    Good to have a few rounds with you tonight Drew, shall chuck you an FR when I'm online tomorrow :)

19. LSD-39

LSD-39 Newbie Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    LSD-39
    Yeah well played Drew, glad you were on my team, good games tonight :)

20. Martok

Martok Board Game Addict

PSN:
    Martok-
    Good to play with you and have a chat tonight, Drew. I hope you enjoyed the evening too. :)

So without further ado...

Welcome to Senior Gamers, [SNR] DrewePeacock! :thumbup:

Your name has now turned red all all the forums are now open to you. You've got the pink chair in the day room as Halo doesn't want it (she much prefers black) and you'll be sharing a bunk bed with Herman as we thought with your names you'd go well together. :lol:

Now go out and wear those [SNR] tags with pride, spread the word about this place and tell folk that we are always open to new members with names based on nob gags. :D