1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Senior Gamers!

We are a community for mature gamers who primarily play online games on PlayStation consoles (PS4, PS3, PS Vita). You can find out more in our About Us section.

If you are new to the site, why not register? By doing so and being an active member you can view the site without adverts, make posts and more. You can register here and even do so using Facebook, Twitter or Google+!

Hi all another chap from the valley's!!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Spence, 5 Jul 2012.

1. Spence

Spence Semi-Regular Gamer

PSN:
    big_spence75
    Hi all name is Spence i'm 36 years of age from Swansea, looking to join your Ally group as like a few of the other's i'm already a member of the Old Age Playstationer's, got told about the site by Wilks and after taking a little look decided to register and post a intro.

Started gaming in the early 80's on the old Atari 2600 with breakout, battlezone and pacman, then remember getting a Amstrad cpc 464 off Father Christmas one year and remember playing Emlyn Hughes International soccer to death and platform games such as Dizzy etc, then went on to the PS1, PS2 and a bit of PC thrown in the mix and now i play the PS3, currently enjoy playing mainly Battlefield and FIFA but do enjoy COD (apart from sticks and stones!!).

Would like to add have a really bad habit of swearing while playing :oops: so sorry in advance!!

Cheers
    Spence.

2. roger947

roger947 Semi-Regular Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    rogerjones947
    Hi mate :wave:

Glad you found your way here :thumbup:

3. Slaine

Slaine Serious Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Torquemada
    Hi big_spence75!! Like the OAPs, we have two status that being Ally (which is like Chum) and full Senior. Which one you looking for? Got to warn you that being a Senior will mean the OAPs will relegate you to Chum status. Obviously Senior status entitles you to all the technical gubbins at the bottom of the screen (which you currently cant see but is pretty cool) amongst other things; I let Martok or HaloJ explain, theyre better at it than me!! :lol:

Glad to see you over here, and look forward to seeing you online soon!! :thumbup:

4. Jkrohn1

Jkrohn1 5P4M 80T
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    JKrohn1
    Hi Big Spence, Welcome might see you on BF3 :)

5. Spruijt

Spruijt Real men wear clogs
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Spruijt
    Hey Spence, long time no takedown mate ;) How've you been?

6. Acegadgets

Acegadgets Not so serious gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Acegadgets
    Croeso Big Spence , Hope to be killed many times by you soon on our newer Battlefield server .

7. Dogstar

Dogstar Regular Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Dogstar
    Hi Spence :wave:

It's always nice when old friends drop in. I missed our BFBC2 nights, they were great. Sadly, for me anyway, BF3 just wasn't the same.

I'm off to Newport on Sunday so not a million miles away. Whatever you decide, full member or ally it's a :thumbup: from me.

8. Martok

Martok Board Game Addict
    Staff Member Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Martok-
    Welcome, Spence!

We've played together many-a-time on BFBC2 and BF3 and I've definitely swore at you on more than one occasion for killing me. :oops: :evil:

What games did you play on the PS1 and PS2? Did you play Battlefield Modern Combat? That was my first experience of the Battlefield series. I did try it again briefly a few months ago though that was only to get my Battlefield veteran status increased. ;)

Although folk have asked what type of membership you are after, re-reading your intro it seems you're going for Ally status.

Anyway, it's a vouch from me. :thumbup:

9. Jkrohn1

Jkrohn1 5P4M 80T
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    JKrohn1
    I also played BC2 and a little bit of BF3 with Spence so vouch from me :)

Welcome buddy

10. Plaxinator

Plaxinator Wino extraordinaire

PSN:
    Plaxinator
    Hey up Spence, win any more teddies on the gun game? :lol:

11. Spence

PSN:
    big_spence75
    Thanks for the welcome everyone nice to catch up with a few people who i have'nt heard off or gamed with for a while, being as i cant really commit to any events in the week as i work nights 99% of my gaming is usually on a weekends, i'm probably better off as a Ally a minute plus i'm as computer literate as a potato so wouldn't really contribute much on the tech side of things either.
    The games i used to play on the early Playstations where, Destruction Derby, Metal Gear Solid series, Call of Duty, Tekken and the old Fifa's plus a bit of Doom, the Battlefield series only really started on BFBC2 for me and its really where i got to meet most of you guys. The new Battlefield has taken over a bit at the moment though the new Gunmaster is a total waste of time (no cuddly toys Plax :shock: ) and sadly it seems to be getting more COD ish all the time.

If your not on my friends list then add me Big_Spence75 i know i chopped a few people when i had'nt played online with them for a bit or found out they where Man United fans ;)

Cheers

Spence.

12. Martok

Martok Board Game Addict

PSN:
    Martok-
    Computer literacy to contribute on the tech side of things isn't needed here. We let Slaine in after all. ;) :lol:

I liked the Destruction Derby games. I remember playing Destruction Derby Arena with Boba a few years back. I think we were the only people in the game though, it wasn't really played by others. :roll:

Well if it's Ally status you would like then it's time to turn you green, just like all the grass in the valleys, look see!

Hope to see you online soon. :)

13. roger947

roger947 Semi-Regular Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    rogerjones947
    If you think for one minute that i'm not going to call you Mr potato head from now on, then you are sadly deluded.

Catch you on you battlefield spuddy :D

14. Spence

PSN:
    big_spence75
    I've been called alot worse my team killing expert mate,

lots of love the spud xx

15. HERMAN_JELMET

HERMAN_JELMET Meatbag

PSN:
    HERMAN_JELMET