The Board Game Hut - Great Games Supported By Great Service
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Senior Gamers!

We are a community for mature gamers who primarily play online games on PlayStation consoles (PS4, PS3, PS Vita). You can find out more in our About Us section.

If you are new to the site, why not register? By doing so and being an active member you can view the site without adverts, make posts and more. You can register here and even do so using Facebook, Twitter or Google+!

Hey.

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Bertiepops, 1 Apr 2013.

1. Bertiepops

Bertiepops Semi-Regular Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Bertiepops
    Hi all. ColSonders reckoned I should sign up here and actually talk to other Gamers, so here I am. I don't tend to play an awfully wide variety of games, and when I get into a game, I tend to stick with it for a good while (Borderlands, and currently Borderlands 2 are two main culprits on this one), but If I am of any help at all, then I'll see what I can do.

ColSonders likes this.
  2. ColSonders

ColSonders A.W.O.L.
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    ColSonders
    This would be the elusive Borderlands partner. Welcome buddy :thumbup:

Bertiepops likes this.
  3. mick

mick Even More Grumpy Grandad
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    mick170669
    Welcome Bertie, put your comfy slippers on and get settled, now your here you will never leave Mwahhaahhaahaahaa.:2thumbsup:

4. Martok

Martok Board Game Addict
    Staff Member Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Martok-
    Welcome to Senior Gamers, Bertiepops. :D

So, you're Col's Borderlands partner! He's talked about you a few times. You'll have to dish some dirt on him in return. ;)

How did you come up with your PSN ID? Any exciting story there? Are you a really the father of a being made of Liquorice Allsorts?!

Borderlands is a great game and I hear that you bought the DLC. Have you completed all of it yet? If so, how many times through? Do you have the elusive Jenkins trophy? I've not finished the DLC yet though have completed the main story. Jenkins trophy is proving nigh on impossible to get. :rant:

You say you don't play a wide variety of games but what else do you play? Are you mainly into FPS or a particular genre? Currently I'm playing GT5 regularly and I'm getting back into BF3. There's a few other online games I've played recently like NFS: Most Wanted. Offline I'm playing Dead Island at the moment.

If you're up for full membership then do let us know and we'll give you the details. I've just realised that our 'About' section is missing on the new site (it's been up for just over a week) so I must get that added this week.

Anyway, make yourself feel at home, have a look around the site and feel free to join any discussions and events that are happening. :)

5. Slaine

Slaine Serious Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Torquemada
    Hi Bertiepops, nice to meet you:drinks:

Cols right; you can never have too many friends, and its nice if theyre gamers too. Doesnt matter if your a hardcore gamer with your controller super glued to your hands, or just play the odd one. Everyones welcome here and catered for.

I can see why you and Col get on. He tends to buy just the one or two games and hammers them to death. Any other games you play at all (on any other system(s))? At the moment Im in my death bed with the dreaded man-flu, but before that I was just starting Game Of Thrones. I like all games though, and theres not many I wont play.

Anyway, feel free to bung me a Friends Request. My PSN id is over there <<<<< and is different to my id here, just to confuse you.

Hope to hear more from you, like name, age, where your from, etc? And obviously I look forward to us all meeting up online for a game or two of something.:thumbup:

6. ChrissPeacock

ChrissPeacock Serious Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    ChrissPeacock
    Hey indeed! Welcome to SNR.

7. LouPeacock

LouPeacock Semi-Regular Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    LouPeacock
    Hello Mr Bertiepops.

I see you like Chupa chups too, good man.

8. jonnywombat

jonnywombat Semi-Regular Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    jonnywombat
    Hi Bertie,

Welcome to the forum, as a n00b here myself I can tell you to expect a warm welcome.

I mainly play racing games, maybe see you on track sometime.

9. Spruijt

Spruijt Real men wear clogs
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Spruijt
    Hi Bertie, welcome to our humble home. Enjoy your stay and I'll be seeing you online.

10. Bertiepops

Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Bertiepops
    Thanks for the warm welcome, guys. I'll take these one at a time:

Mick - Slippers on. Already comfy.

Martok - Nope, no funny story behind the PSN ID. It was an email address that I used at college, and never got rid of. Handy thing, however, is that if you search Bertiepops at all online, you will find something I've done. Usually badly. No, Mr Bassett is not my son. He's my nephew. BL2 is pretty much all I'm playing at the moment (apart from the occasional blast on Rock Band, just to warm the vocal chords mainly) I've actually just spent most of today on it, working on the area Challenges. Including all 3 DLC, I now have 2 Area Challenges left, and only one of those is a Vault Symbol. I've got Platinum on BL2 (gained roughly the same time as Col), so the Jenkins challenge is in the bag (need one Jenkins to get lvl1 on that Challenge to get the Trophy for lvl1 on ALL challenges), and sitting at 100% trophies at present, and waiting for the next DLC to land. Well, the lvl cap increase and 3rd playthru, and that will keep me going till the next DLC Campaign.

Slaine - Don't really have a specific type of game that I stick to. In the past year games have included Rage, Dead Nation, Assassin's Creed (all barr the newest), Rock Band, Infamous (inc. the Downloaded festival of Blood), and one of my favourites, Worms Crazy Golf. Bizarrely, the one that I avoid most is FPS, which considering the manhours I've pumped into BL and BL2, is just strange. Oh, and 33, John Gillett from Co. Durham (about 2 miles away from Col)

Thanks to everyone else, and hopefully get to know you guys through the forums.

11. mick

mick Even More Grumpy Grandad
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    mick170669
    I ve just started playing this again, im determined to finish it on Morbid, came sooo close last night. Im on Highway to Hell which IIRC is the last level.

12. ColSonders

ColSonders A.W.O.L.
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    ColSonders
    Just to add a bit of history and clarification, I've known Bertiepops for quite some time now, longer than i've known anyone on these forums (so >10 years) and i've tried on numerous occasions to get him into online gaming. He won't have it and with that in mind I don't think [SNR] tags are for him.

The reason I asked him to pop along is that we are now using an open forum (albeit with a closed off SNR only area for community discussion) and he will likely be able to contribute, particularly when it comes to games that take his fancy as he really gets to know them well....if I want to know something about the borderlands games he's my go to guy....if there's something I didn't know about borderlands, he's the one that lets me know.

He's also an amazing vocalist when we play Rock Band and has actually been up on stage a few times now too!

Gaming wise you'll likely find him playing games that are easy to have a bit of fun on, but also have good value for money with lots to discover and/or unlock. He's a big fan of the GTA series so no doubt he'll have the new one that's coming soon at some point but can't see him playing multiplayer vs stuff unless it's an easy trophy.

13. Jkrohn1

Jkrohn1 5P4M 80T
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    JKrohn1
    Hey Bert welcome, I lost my BL2 save when my ps3 had a wobbler and I really want to start again if your interested in a set day and if we can grab a couple more people maybe we can make a weekly event? Just an idea.

We all start new characters and play on the set day until we all finish the game, I'm currently waiting for my boss to come back from the sick and will be gaming again then, this is around a month away if he doesn't hurt himself

14. Bertiepops

Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Bertiepops
    Been a while since I popped this one on, and I was never actually all that good at it. Played through on the second difficulty, and finished that without too much trouble, but never really went any further than that, as I got hooked on something else pretty quickly afterward.

If we're looking at about a month away, then this will probably be a good opportunity to have a play with the new Character class that's being released in (fortunately) about a month. I have each of the 5 classes currently released to lvl50, so I would otherwise just have to start over with one, (and that would Definitely be the Commando, as he's, for my style of play (i.e. Iffy at best), the best to run through with).

I agree with most points here. [SNR] tag ain't gonna be for me. I don't play much online, and when I do it's mostly knacking around as opposed to doing anything constructive. GTA V may be an option, but this one, for me hasn't generated the anticipation that the GTA4 did. I think it's the multiple protagonist idea that's rubbing me up the wrong way, but I just can't put my finger on why, exactly.

Oh, and I don't think that "Amazing" is perhaps the best adjective here. Maybe "pretty good", or "not bad", but that's about my limit.

15. ColSonders

ColSonders A.W.O.L.
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    ColSonders
    I'm sure it's a perspective thing, my singing voice is god awful, so from my perspective your voice is at worst Amazing! Anyway I like how you sing the songs we do on Rock Band, that's good enough for me.

16. DrewePeacock

DrewePeacock May contain sarcasm
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    DrewePeacock
    Hey Bertiepops!

17. Bertiepops

Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Bertiepops
    Erm, I am a member. I'd like to be a total member. Makes sense? Good.

ChrissPeacock, Slaine and ColSonders like this.
  18. ColSonders

ColSonders A.W.O.L.
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    ColSonders
    I wasn't sure it was possible to be more of a member than you actually are.

19. Martok

Martok Board Game Addict
    Staff Member Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Martok-
    All I can say is - about bloody time! ;)

Having met @Bertiepops at the recent Annual Meet, I can vouch for him - that he's a complete nutcase, but then that's not surprising having to put up with @ColSonders for all these years.

I shall sort your membership shortly, after which your name will turn red and you'll have full access to the site including the chat system, the community area and other stuff.

We've already sorted out your chair in the Seniors' day room, it's the one that smells of Col's wee, so you should be familiar with that already. You'll be bunking in the same room as @Spruijt which we thought would be interesting - following the bowling he'll no doubt be trying to out-compete you in getting to sleep quickly and snoring loudly. :lol:

Anyway, welcome, [SNR] Bertiepops! :)

#19 Martok, 19 Jul 2013
    Last edited: 10 Aug 2013
    Spruijt and ColSonders like this.
  20. Slaine

Slaine Serious Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Torquemada
    Nice one @Bertiepops . Glad you decided to hang around.

#20 Slaine, 19 Jul 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: 10 Aug 2013
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice