• Welcome to Senior Gamers!

Senior Gamers [SNR] is a community for mature gamers aged 25+ years who primarily play on the PlayStation consoles.

We used this website from June 2012 until March 2020. Technology moved on during this time and we have now moved to Discord. If you are familiar with it already you'll know how quick and easy it is to use. If you haven't tried it yet, you really should!

You can browse this archived website to see what we posted over the years.

You can join us on Discord to see what we've posted more recently and to chat. Click on the link below to find us. We hope to see you there!

Senior Gamers Discord

Hey fellas

themaskedmarvel

Semi-Regular Gamer
Reaction score
Hello all, been looking for a bunch of older gamers to play with searched around inter web and you lot look about the cut of my jib I'm 41 and been gaming most of that time although I'm not great I game for fun,consoles owned,sega mega drive ,N64, sega dreamcast ,Xbox 360 and Playstation 1 2 3 and now 4 .favourite games include the resident evil series red dead redemption the uncharted series Blops 2 zombie mode only assassins creed series battlefield 3 killzone 3 skyrim Tombraider series The last of us killzone shadow fall which I'm currently shuffling around on,will probably get BF 4 once server issues are dealt with,on the non gaming front I'm a stay at home Dad but I do occasional voice over work for TV and radio ads and such as I was an actor in my youth am a bit of a comics/sci fi geek as well now that I've thoroughly bored you all hope to game with you soon ps do I add members or is it polite to wait to be invited?

Martok

Board Game Addict
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Welcome to the site, @themaskedmarvel :waving:

Sounds like you've got an interesting gaming history there. I started back with the ZX81, then ZX Spectrum and Intellivision and moved on from there to all of the PlayStation consoles.

Anyway, we like to get to know new folks, so our community members will no doubt be along to poke and prod you and ask some questions. I'll ask a few to start things off:

1. How did you find our site? Was it just a search on the Internet or did you see any links anywhere? We like to know what is working in getting our site known to others.
  2. Interesting PSN ID - why did you choose that?
  3. Do you have any memorable or favourite games from the 'older' consoles (early PlayStation and ones prior to that)?
  4. What type of membership are you after? 'standard' or 'full'? Details of these are in the About Us section
  5. Voice over work for TV and radio - any well-known ads that we may have heard you on?
  6. Comic/Sci-Fi geek - so any particular that you like? I watch pretty much any Sci-Fi and I love Doctor Who, all Star Trek series and films (you may have guessed) and Stargate SG-1 (currently watching these again via LOVEFiLM). I used to read 2000 AD (had it from issue 1) and Judge Dredd the Megazine but haven't now for years.

You'll be in good company here with your love of Uncharted and Killzone. We still on occasion play Uncharted 3 and each Wednesday we play Killzone Shadow Fall - see our Events section. You'd be welcome to join us. We've also got a Red Dead Redemption evening coming up, again details in the Events Section.

If you like Battlefield then it's probably worth you picking up BF4 now. Things are better than they were and it's one of our most popular games here, so it's a good way to meet up online with members and chat/work together (we all use comms).

As for adding people, I'm sure folks who don't mind will post and say you can add them. Feel free to chuck me a friends request (note I'm Martok- as someone had already taken Martok :rant: )

Hope to see you online soon. :)

DrewePeacock

May contain sarcasm
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Hi @themaskedmarvel - Welcome to SNR!

Please feel free to add me on PSN. Maybe catch you on Killzone at some point, although I'm afraid I am completely addicted to BF4 at the moment! :gamer:

themaskedmarvel

Semi-Regular Gamer
Reaction score
Welcome to the site, @themaskedmarvel :waving:

Sounds like you've got an interesting gaming history there. I started back with the ZX81, then ZX Spectrum and Intellivision and moved on from there to all of the PlayStation consoles.

Anyway, we like to get to know new folks, so our community members will no doubt be along to poke and prod you and ask some questions. I'll ask a few to start things off:

1. How did you find our site? Was it just a search on the Internet or did you see any links anywhere? We like to know what is working in getting our site known to others.
  2. Interesting PSN ID - why did you choose that?
  3. Do you have any memorable or favourite games from the 'older' consoles (early PlayStation and ones prior to that)?
  4. What type of membership are you after? 'standard' or 'full'? Details of these are in the About Us section
  5. Voice over work for TV and radio - any well-known ads that we may have heard you on?
  6. Comic/Sci-Fi geek - so any particular that you like? I watch pretty much any Sci-Fi and I love Doctor Who, all Star Trek series and films (you may have guessed) and Stargate SG-1 (currently watching these again via LOVEFiLM). I used to read 2000 AD (had it from issue 1) and Judge Dredd the Megazine but haven't now for years.

You'll be in good company here with your love of Uncharted and Killzone. We still on occasion play Uncharted 3 and each Wednesday we play Killzone Shadow Fall - see our Events section. You'd be welcome to join us. We've also got a Red Dead Redemption evening coming up, again details in the Events Section.

If you like Battlefield then it's probably worth you picking up BF4 now. Things are better than they were and it's one of our most popular games here, so it's a good way to meet up online with members and chat/work together (we all use comms).

As for adding people, I'm sure folks who don't mind will post and say you can add them. Feel free to chuck me a friends request (note I'm Martok- as someone had already taken Martok :rant: )

Hope to see you online soon. :)

c00ky

Good for target practice
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Hiya masked marvel!

Do you wear your underpants over your latex tights? Or is that too personal a question?

Voice over work, you are not the announcer for The Cube are you? Or is it more the voice used by those "Congratulations you have won a Luxury Yacht!" calls I get...

I have Killzone, but haven't played it since launch day, too busy BF4ing.

I did have a ZX81 (Sniper was an excellent game, only took 4 hours to program it), but then as my parents were teachers my follow up computer was an Acorn Electron and the schools BBC B over holidays (which meant i played Elite for mos of more formative years!) Got into consoles when PS2 released Socom and have been a target for ColSonders accuracy ever since!

Hope to catch you online soon!

Martok

Board Game Addict
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
@themaskedmarvel I think something might have happened to your last post, as you seem to have just quoted me and not added anything. :| You might need to have a go again at responding.

themaskedmarvel

Semi-Regular Gamer
Reaction score
Hi Martok I found the site after an internet search to me to the playstation forum and I followed a link here,as for my Psn id that was something I was a nick name from school,favorite old game include road rash Robocop vs Terminator,Streets of Rage and an obscure fps called Zero Tolerence on Mega drive a game called Shadowman stands out on the N64 Shenmue on Dreamcast and a game called Jade empire or was that on the 360 see minds beginning to go Tomb Raider SilentHill on various Playstations. I think I'm ready to commit to full membership if it's ok. My VoiceOver work is sporadic last national job was a radio ad for VW services I was a mechanic just done an tv ad for Flash magic wipes as a talking kitchen spray showbiz eh, I do have a dark secret in my past career but I'll tell you when I know you better,like you a fan of Star Trek and DrWho also x files and enjoying Fringe on Netflix while I do the ironing comics wise not as active as I used to be but Batman,Spider-Man and Wolverine are my faves and like you used to read 2000ad Zarjoz!

ColSonders

A.W.O.L.
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Hi them asked marvel,

Nice to meet you.

I must say I'm struggling to read your posts....wall of text....although I did spot a key word or two.

an obscure fps called Zero Tolerence on Mega drive!
I loved that game....it was pretty terrible, but really enjoyable back in those days.

c00ky

Good for target practice
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Hi Martok I found the site after an internet search to me to the playstation forum and I followed a link here,as for my Psn id that was something I was a nick name from school,favorite old game include road rash Robocop vs Terminator,Streets of Rage and an obscure fps called Zero Tolerence on Mega drive a game called Shadowman stands out on the N64 Shenmue on Dreamcast and a game called Jade empire or was that on the 360 see minds beginning to go Tomb Raider SilentHill on various Playstations. I think I'm ready to commit to full membership if it's ok. My VoiceOver work is sporadic last national job was a radio ad for VW services I was a mechanic just done an tv ad for Flash magic wipes as a talking kitchen spray showbiz eh, I do have a dark secret in my past career but I'll tell you when I know you better,like you a fan of Star Trek and DrWho also x files and enjoying Fringe on Netflix while I do the ironing comics wise not as active as I used to be but Batman,Spider-Man and Wolverine are my faves and like you used to read 2000ad Zarjoz!
Heh, I find when its one stream of text I forget to breathe whilst reading it, plus it sound in my head like someone saying the T's&C's in the commercials at top speed!

I too used to 2000AD, my claim to fame was me collecting 2000AD (joined from issue 128 when Tornado merged with it) inspired Boo Cook (no relation, just in the same village honest!) One of the newer artists to do stuff for 2000AD.

Pity I get not one jot of royalties from that....

Martok

Board Game Addict
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I too used to 2000AD, my claim to fame was me collecting 2000AD (joined from issue 128 when Tornado merged with it) inspired Boo Cook (no relation, just in the same village honest!) One of the newer artists to do stuff for 2000AD.
Heh I remember Tornado. I got that too before they merged. I also got Starlord and Eagle comics which also merged with 2000 AD.

Judge Dredd, MACH 1, Slaine, ABC Warriors, Halo Jones, Strontium Dog, Nemesis, Rogue Trooper, Dan Dare. Ah, brings back memories!

Plaxinator

Wino extraordinaire
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Hello and welcome. Feel free to add me, especially if you are the Absolute 80s voice over man. Mmmmmm.
As others have said it is well worth getting BF4 now.

Slaine

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Hi Masked Marvel, nice to meet you. Massive 2000AD fan myself too.

Glad you decided to pop in:1thumbup:

zoob

I fight for the Users!
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Awesome intro - alreet geezah!

Dogstar

Regular Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
As the others have said welcome masked marvel. Always pleased to see new people sign up :)

I'll second BF4. It had a ropey start but now proving to be good fun.

Spruijt

Real men wear clogs
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Welcome Marvel. Enjoy your stay here.

Bogus4Real

Help with spellign, anyone!?
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Do you wear a cape IRL? Would be awesome to play with someone you new were wearing one while you stormed the enemy lines together!
It would be like "Hey, we are dying here, but that's okay, cos my wingman is wearing a cape!!"

Anyway, welcome to SNR! When you get (AND YOU WILL) BF4, feel free to add me :)

themaskedmarvel

Semi-Regular Gamer
Reaction score
Hey all

Thanks for taking the time to say hello

Looks like I'll being getting BF4 then probably this weekend if Mrs Marvel lets me:D

As I said full costume only on weekends and public holidays and I tend to wear the cape in winter it's an optional extra