The Board Game Hut - Great Games Supported By Great Service
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Senior Gamers!

We are a community for mature gamers who primarily play online games on PlayStation consoles (PS4, PS3, PS Vita). You can find out more in our About Us section.

If you are new to the site, why not register? By doing so and being an active member you can view the site without adverts, make posts and more. You can register here and even do so using Facebook, Twitter or Google+!

Hey All

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Chaostheory25, 6 Sep 2012.

1. Chaostheory25

Chaostheory25 Newbie Gamer

PSN:
    chaostheory25-
    Hey all,

Well, where to start? Unfortunately, I'm not that good at talking about myself, but I'll give it a go.

My name is Dean, I'm from England (half welsh though) and I am only twenty four. I understand this is potentially a problem, and I'll be happy to undergo an extended trial period, to prove I'm mature enough and want to be here if needed.

I work in support work, so gaming time would be around my work times. For example, today I finished at three, but tomorrow start at two, and do the sleep-in so won't be around until saturday apart from this week (will explain that in a moment)

I'm applying to be a full member of the clan, and would really love to get ingame more often than not with the clan. I saw a post on the playstation forum in the clan threads, and found my way here. I've been playing games my whole life, from the nintendo 64 onwards mostly. Though, I also love board games. My favourite video game of all time, Zelda: Ocarina of time. Board game - Carcassonne. I have a headset, 4gamers, and will always chat ingame.

Hopefully that's enough information, but if not, feel free to ask for more/certain info. If I'm declined for being twenty four, that's fine, and please let me know if I can reapply in November.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Extra note:: I'm new to ps3, just got rid of my old xbox, so currently level one on all games, but have experience playing online. I'm an average player.

Also, currently moving house, will be moving properly saturday, and will be getting internet there on tuesday. Will happily play tonight, tomorrow morning until one, but after that won't be on the playstation until tuesday after work. Any issues with this, again I understand. Wanted to get in and be known a little before getting the net.

Sorry for the longness of the post!

Best wishes all.

2. Slaine

Slaine Serious Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Torquemada
    Hi Dean/Chaostheory25, and welcome to the Seniors

I cant see it being a problem. You'll be the youngest here mind, so long as you know that and dont care. Its really a maturity thing to be honest. Just want to avoid being called a gey noob. The way things work around here is you spend a night gaming with us (your choice of game, we love 'em all), we all have a good laugh, and hopefully you'll want to be part of us full-time. Dont see any real need for extended any probationary periods.

Then you'll fit right in no problem!! Theres all differring skill levels here, and best of all noone will give a monkeys if you mess up or team kill by mistake. In fact, theres a few people here that would be more than willing to help you out with becoming a better player in Killzone/Uncharted/Battlefield/Hannah Montanna.

Good luck with the move and hope it goes ok. Major stress hassles!! Theres a match on tonight at 08:30PM on Battlefield 3 on our own server (search for Senior Gamers). You'd be more than welcome to join us, especially if you continually nick Col Sonders dog tags repeatedly all night :lol: ;) If not thats cool, just let us know what game and when.

Anyway, glad you decided to visit. Bung me a Friends Request (its Torquemada just to confuse you). I'll send you one when I get the chance, if you havent sent one already.

Hope to see you online soon. :thumbup:

PS
    Top choice of favourite game. Personally I preferred Wind Waker, but Zelda games are top notch.

3. Buckaroo

Buckaroo Casual Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    BUCKAROO74
    Hello mate, can confirm its a friendly bunch. Enjoy your stay.

4. Martok

Martok Board Game Addict
    Staff Member Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Martok-
    Welcome to Senior Gamers, Chaos. :)

As slaine has already said, you being 24 shouldn't be an issue, it's maturity around here that counts. If you appear to be mature (and I'll say going by your first post which is much better than some I've seen then you're already beginning to show this to us) then there will be no problems in becoming a full member.

It's good to hear that you found us via the clan thread on the PS forums. Do you frequent/post much on that place? I try to make an effort to visit and post when I can but the place is just so vast and there's so many people and posts over there!

So, you've sold your XBox?! Some folk here (myself included) just have a PS3, others have both consoles and play on both. What made you go the PS3 only route?

Do tell us a bit more about your gaming history - what you played on your XBox, other games on previous consoles and most importantly, which games you now have on your shiny new PS3! Do you have Battlefield 3? If so, do you also have Premium? About two thirds of us do and the rest either have just the basic maps or are purchasing selected DLC map packs.

A bunch of us should be playing BF3 tonight on our server (search for Senior Gamers or SNR to find us). Depending on who turns up, we may be playing the Armored Kill DLC maps. If you definitely want to play but don't have the DLC then send me a PSN message (I'm Martok- yes with a dash on the end) and we'll switch the rotation to standard maps.

Hope to see you online soon. :)

5. Chaostheory25

PSN:
    chaostheory25-
    Hey guys,

Thanks for the replies, especially yours Slaine. In regards to gaming tonight, I hope to be there. I'm just putting the finishing touches on packing (taking the bed down etc) now, but should be online after that. I'll do my best to be there, even if a touch late. Also, if my headset is either too loud or quiet, please say straight away so I can try to sort it to an appropriate level.

Also, no issue's being the youngest, I am in my family, my fiance is older than me, so is her family, and where I work I'm the youngest, so all good :D

Hope to see you in an hour or so.

6. shadstah

shadstah Semi-Regular Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Shadstah
    Hey Chaostheory :)

Don't worry about being the youngest here mate some of us get carried away and turn back in the teenager we once used to be :P

Chuck us a friend request, I'm not on as much as I'd like to be but I am on most afternoons after work.

7. Chaostheory25

PSN:
    chaostheory25-
    Just a quick update: Downloading the latest patch, 1.06, so once that is done, i'll search for the server and find you guys. See you soonish.

8. Martok

Martok Board Game Addict

PSN:
    Martok-
    Good to meet you online and have a chat, hopefully you've seen that we're quite normal. That's because we hid the real nutters from you. ;) :lol:

Your comms were a little 'tinny' tonight though I could hear you when you sorted the volume. It might be worth looking at them to see if there's a setting to tweak to make them better.

I may have missed you saying you were off as you seemed to disappear so apologies if I didn't acknowledge your leaving. Anyway, I hope you enjoyed the session and look forward to you joining us again when you can which will no doubt be after your house move. Good luck with that. :thumbup:

9. ChrissPeacock

ChrissPeacock Serious Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    ChrissPeacock
    Hi chaos,

Good to see you online, sorry I didn't pick up on you early on.

Oh, and don't mind Halo's relentless attack, it was just wrong place wrong time!

You'll like it here, as long as you understand northern!

Right, I'm off for a flat shandy.

10. Slaine

Slaine Serious Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Torquemada
    DOH!! Sorry for the no show. Wife wasnt having any of it as Ive been playing Hearthfire on Skyrim to death during the day.

Ive just sent you a friends request at Chaostheory25-. You werent kidding when you said you were new to PS3, as theres no games registered at all!! One of the crappiest things with the PS3 is you have to continually sync with the network so your trophies and new games are registered against your PSN id, unlike the 360 where it is updated automatically. Sometimes this can take to up to a minute, which is frustrating at times. You might want to view trophies on your PS3, as this will then sync your system with the network and everyone on your Friends List can see what games we share etc.

Sorry for teaching you to suck eggs if you already knew this.

11. DrewePeacock

DrewePeacock May contain sarcasm
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    DrewePeacock
    Good to meet you last night Chaos!

12. Jkrohn1

Jkrohn1 5P4M 80T
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    JKrohn1
    I must have missed you last night, might see you on next time.

13. Chaostheory25

PSN:
    chaostheory25-
    Yeah, I did say I had to go, early day today as I'm packing the last bits up, then off to work and the sleep in tonight, but no-one seemed to reply. A few times last night I said something with no answer, so I'll tweak/play with my headset when I've moved so they should be ready for when I get back online tuesday.

I had alot of fun, and really hope I can apply to be a member of the clan. Hopefully you guys could understand me/my accent. Apparently, some people struggle to understand us people from wiltshire. I'll try to stay active on the forums while I can't play online. Thanks all :)

14. yinkin

yinkin Serious Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    yinkin
    Hiya, nice to see a new face around here.

My ears pricked up when you said you also like board games, I am a huge fan of boardgames and I am an enthusiastic collector, I have approx 150 at the moment, although space prohibits expanding my collection much more.

I mostly get to play Euro boardgames like settlers of Catan, Carcassonne, El grande etc, but I also have a love for wargames such as combat commander, memoir 44 , Hannibal Rome versus Carthage etc when i can find people willing to play them.

Anyway hope you enjoy the online games you have been having with us and drop me a FR

15. Martok

Martok Board Game Addict

PSN:
    Martok-
    Heh, probably a bunch of southerners who can't understand anything bar their corrupted version of the English language. It's 'grass', not 'grarss' :roll: :lol:

Anyway it's a vouch from me. :thumbup:

A few more vouches from folks after gaming with them next week and we'll then sort out your membership. :)

16. DrewePeacock

DrewePeacock May contain sarcasm
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    DrewePeacock
    Yeah, a vouch from me too. :)

17. Acegadgets

Acegadgets Not so serious gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Acegadgets
    [​IMG]
    My Favorite unsuperhero of all time.

18. Spruijt

Spruijt Real men wear clogs
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Spruijt
    Welcome to SNR mate, make yourself at home. Hope to get some online time in with you soon

19. Acegadgets

Acegadgets Not so serious gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Acegadgets
    I see that you've got London 2012, i think i'm the only other SNR with it. If you fancy an hour on it sometime give me a shout. . What else have you got / are you getting.
    I'm online in the early evenings, As i am really old I have to go to bed around 9.30, so if you are looking for people to play the likes of Battlefield 3 when the News and soaps are on the telly, send me a friends request.

20. Chaostheory25

PSN:
    chaostheory25-
    hey all,
    I'm back now, so would like to apply over the course of the next week or whatever to become a full member of the clan. I'm looking forward to seeing you guys ingame, and

I will definately do that. I'm not very good at london 2012, but would be really fun to play with/against you :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice