Hey all.

ForestJ18

Occasional Gamer
Reaction score
Hey one and all,

Firest and foremost, I'm not currently gaming. I traded in the xbox 360 last week and threw the money into my playstation four fund. So, if I'm allowed to hang, get to know you guys before the playstation four drops then great, but if not, I'll return in November/December. I'm in phase two for the pre-orders.

My name is Charlie, but everyone calls me Forest, hence the psn tag made and is what I prefer to go by. I'm twenty five, with my birthday in October. I live in Nottingham and work as a project worker - A support worker but incharge of two houses (essentially a manager).

I'm looking for a fun and relaxed place to game and enjoy myself, regardless if I do really well or not. I'm just an average gamer, sometimes finish high in the scoreboard, but mostly around the middle. Only game I've pre-ordered is AC4, as I'm undecided on the other games so far.

Anyway, let me know if I can hang around now or if I should come back in a couple of months. Thanks all.

ColSonders

A.W.O.L.
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Hey Forest (is that a Tekken reference?)

Nice to see you found our safe haven, you're welcome to stick around and get to know us a little better and vice versa and you certainly won't be the only one not getting a launch day PS4, I think only a handful of our members are getting launch day machines.

And playing for fun rather than being top of the score board or winning at all costs is what we're all about here. If we can manufacture the environment so that EVERYONE has fun....then we will.

Oh and get BF4.....you know you want to!

DrewePeacock

May contain sarcasm
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Hey Forest!

Welcome to SNR! Take a chair, pull up a glass and get comfy. :drinks:

As @ColSonders said, we're all about the fun here and not the 'win-at-all-costs' thing. Sounds like you'll fit right in! :crazy:

Martok

Board Game Addict
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Welcome to Senior Gamers, Forest. :)

You're more than welcome to hang around even if you're not gaming. We have two levels of membership, standard and full member. It's only full membership that has a few requirements like playing with you online. So for now you can visit and post as much as you like and once you have a PS4 if you are interested in full membership we can sort that out then.

How did you hear about this place? I'm always interested to find out how folk find us. :) Oh and are you a member of any other gaming communities?

So, do tell us a bit more about yourself. Firstly your PSN ID ForestJ19-. Does this mean you have had a PS3 in the past to register this? Why the dash at the end, has someone else got ForestJ19 already?!

Tell us a bit more about your gaming history - the various consoles that you've played on over the years, the memorable games you have played. If you have had a PS3, what games did you play on that and why did you get rid of it in favour of the X360?

Your job sounds interesting - what does that entail? Do you have to do shift work or are you generally free in the evenings for gaming?

Finally onto the PS4, so you've already committed to pre-ordering the console and AC4 (which I'm definitely interested in). Do take a look in our PS4 section and read about various other games that are coming. Many of us are interested in BF4 (have you played BF3? On which console?). Some of us are also very interested in Killzone: Shadow Fall. I'm liking the look of Watch Dogs and Tom Clancy's The Division.

Sorry for all of the questions but we do like to get to know each other and we're all a friendly bunch. :)

Slaine

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Hi mate welcome to the Seniors. Going to be a few with ps4s so you won't be lonely. I'm getting four games at launch myself. Battlefield, Assassins, Watch Dogs and Killzone

ForestJ18

Occasional Gamer
Reaction score
Hey all,

Thanks for all the welcomes! Already feel like this was a good choice.

As to the username and psn registered - I'm a nottingham forest fan, and everyone has just always called me forest. As to the psn registered, I used to house share and played a ps3, but never owned one. I just signed up online the other day to make sure I could have it. Someone did have ForestJ19 so had to add the dash.

My job - Care hours are to support vulnerable adults with learning difficulties and mental health conditions. We just support them to live their lives like we do, but how they want. We assist with personal care and then with any 'out in the community' wishes they have. Admin hours are sorting out rota's, making sure staff are being paid, going to meeting, etc etc. In sort, the boring stuff lol.

I saw a post on the playstation 4 forums, in the clan section. Seemed like what I was looking for some jumped here asap. I will always play the objective, and to win, but I'd rather lose six games and really enjoy myself than win all and be all stressed.

Currently I'm doing shift work (working 4-10 tonight, then 7-6 tomorrow) but I have started applying for different jobs. Hoping to have one with no or just a few lates, or some care jobs, you work three 12 hour days a week, then do a short shift on one, and have three off so also looking for something like that. No idea how long this might take to find though.

I've played BF3 on the xbox 360, and enjoyed it, and am considering BF4, I'm also considering - Watchdogs, Elder Scrolls Online, The Crew, Dying Light and a few others. AC4 I definately want, and with a good crowd, I'll get BF4. Anyway, sorry for the essay reply :)

zoob

I fight for the Users!
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Ola Forest, glad to meet your acquaintance!

Spruijt

Real men wear clogs
Senior Citizen
Donator
Reaction score
Hey Forest, nice to meet you.
Good choise to get rid of the Xbox to save up for a PS4. Untill November there is plenty to read up on here, so stick around and take part in the ramblings. Once you've aquired your shiny new console we'll get some games going and have a proper talk and a laugh or two. :)

ChrissPeacock

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
All sounds good Forest, sounds like your tastes are similar to many of us here so you should fit in just fine. I will be getting a PS4 but I'm not pre-ordering, I'm going to take my chances and pick one up when availability and cash coincide!

I'm one of the petrol heads here so am very interested in The Crew, I'm sceptical regarding DriveClub and as I'm not getting a launch day PS4 will most probably end up buying GT6 for my PS3.

I also play a fair bit of BF3 but no where near the amount that some here do, will probably hold off for BF4 until I get a PS4.

Any chance you can blag an unloved PS3 from somewhere to tide you over until you get your 4?

Anyway, welcome, mine's a black coffee no sugar please. :0)

Bogus4Real

Help with spellign, anyone!?
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Welcome! For the last week, I have been The New One, and now the title passes on to you. Nice ;)

Acegadgets

Not so serious gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Hello,
I stayed in Nottingham once, and lived to tell the tale, does everyone still shoot each other all the time?

Jkrohn1

5P4M 80T
Senior Citizen
Donator
Reaction score
Welcome Charlie nice choice of games for your upcoming PS4 I would have considered Elder Scrolls online if it wasn't £15 a month :(

I'm not a football fan so I can only assume Nottingham Forest is a great fooseball team.

I pre ordered my PS4 ages ago and I'm getting AC4, Watchdogs, Killzone and Battlefield 4. I'll also be getting the free to play games like Darklight Retribution. I'm a multi platform gamer so currently play Ps3, 360, PC and Vita.

So have you now been left without the ability to game?

ForestJ18

Occasional Gamer
Reaction score
Hey all,

Right, firstly, thank you Martok for this chance.

Some of you may remember me, as Dean/Chaostheory25- . I have re-joined and applied here as Charlie/ForestJ64- in the hope I wouldn't be found out or remembered. However, I have been and have been called on it. I've had a brief discussion with Martok about this and he's been decent enough (far too decent) to allow me this chance.

A year ago I applied and was accepted into this community, and gamed with some of you. I can't remember how long I was here for, I don't think it was very long, before I applied to a different community and just disappeared from here. I honestly wish I could give reasons for this, but I don't remember why I did this.

I recently decided to buy a playstation four and looked about for a community to be apart of, and saw SNR gamers post on the ps4 clan thread. Obviously remember the welcome and gaming community that was here. Anyway, I'm not sure what else to include, but when offered the chance, I did really want to apologise for failing at least twice, but probably more to show the decency and honesty that was given to me.

Thanks if you read to here, and I hope you can believe (though, I can not complain if you don't) that I am sorry. Hopefully those of you that have insecurities can at least understand a little about my deceitful re-apply.

Thank you, my apologies and best wishes.

Plaxinator

Wino extraordinaire
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Well I suppose you could start by reintroducing yourself *for real* For example what exactly is your name? Dean? Charlie? Neither of those?

ForestJ18

Occasional Gamer
Reaction score
My name is actually Dean, I do live in wiltshire, and I do work in support work. The chaostheory25- was the real me.

DrewePeacock

May contain sarcasm
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Hi Dean

Thank you for taking the time to explain the situation. Whilst I don't understand the reasons for what you have done, I appreciate that it must have been difficult to come back and admit it to everyone. The hard part is over now though.

We do have a nice community going on here. Hopefully, if you stick around, you will get to see that.

Maybe see you online at some point.

HERMAN_JELMET

Meatbag
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
You don't owe us anything, We're only a gaming community, We don't matter In the grand design, But ****ing well played for coming clean, You could have just ****ed off never to be heard from again but no, You decided to do the honourable thing. If you decide to stick around then feel free to send me an FR dude. :)

Martok

Board Game Addict
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
We've already chatted in private about things, so well done for deciding yourself to post about this and apologise in public. Not an easy thing to do when you could have just walked away.

So, let's try to get to know you and you get to know us (please feel free to ask any questions, we don't bite!) You're more than welcome to post in other threads and forums across the site or even start your own threads. :)

We now know you are Dean from Wiltshire and you are a support worker. So, let's find out more about you as a gamer. We've known you as Chaostheory25- (and you also used underscoredash25 on another site) and we know that both of these PSN IDs exist, whereas ForestJ19- doesn't exist (nor does ForestJ19). Have you used any other PSN IDs, or is this it? Which one is your main/most used one? You suggested to me that you were now going to create a new PSN ID for the PS4, which could be a good idea, a nice clean start and all that.

What are you currently doing with console gaming? Have you traded your X360 recently? What about the PS3 that you had previously, what happened to that?

Let us know some more about the games you've played in the last year or so. We played some BF3 with you, did you carry that on on the PS3/X360? What else did you play?

There you go, just a few questions to get to know you a bit better. :)

ChrissPeacock

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Well done for facing the music, just be yourself and you'll be fine.