• Welcome to Senior Gamers!

Senior Gamers [SNR] is a community for mature gamers aged 25+ years who primarily play on the PlayStation consoles.

We used this website from June 2012 until March 2020. Technology moved on during this time and we have now moved to Discord. If you are familiar with it already you'll know how quick and easy it is to use. If you haven't tried it yet, you really should!

You can browse this archived website to see what we posted over the years.

You can join us on Discord to see what we've posted more recently and to chat. Click on the link below to find us. We hope to see you there!

Senior Gamers Discord

Hexacopter and (soon) other flying stuff

Sportsvee

Has a Fan....
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Greetings guys and gals.
Since last Novemberish I have been working on putting a Hexacopter together. Why hex and not quad? I'll get to that.

Basically I wanted to put it together so I could demonstrate real world applications to the powers that be at work instead or just throwing big words and pretty pictures from elsewhere on a proposal and wait for the easy NO that I would probably get.

Soooooo, luckily I have an understanding missus who said "that sounds good, you should do it" so I did. After taking over the dinning table for a while I now have a beast that flys and slap me silly if it doens't actually work :o I was shocked to. And to top it all off it is nice and stable just as I wanted.

So I have finally put my YouTube channel to use and have posted a couple of vids of it up. All going well I will have another up shortly.

Currently it is just the hex, but I will be looking at adding First Person View (FPV) to it so I can fly it without line of sight AND record what the hex sees. That will allow me to start demonstrating the applications I want to prove and then the bosses will go "hey thats great, heres lots of money and build a proper one":rofl:

And why a Hex (6 motors), because if 1 motor fails for any reason it's still saveable whereas a quad (4 motors) it's good night and game over till you repair it.

Oh yeah, heres my YouTube link, enjoy:
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCHWk8-8BKAGTBv1Bw0JVrXA

Martok

Board Game Addict
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Nice one. :1thumbup:

As an active Senior you could create an album in the Gallery and show your YouTube videos in that. :)

Sportsvee

Has a Fan....
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Now theres half a plan......good thinking 99
Now, about your custom title :wtf:

Sportsvee

Has a Fan....
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Started working on some retractable landing gear today.
Machined some "pins" to adapted from 5mm to 8mm so I can connect the legs to the actuators. Now I just have to work out a T join for the feet.

All going well I will put some photos up over the next few days. Really enjoyed using a Lathe today.....might have to find more reasons to use it :think: