Here I am...

LastRytes

Casual Gamer
Reaction score
Hiya guys, I'm LastRytes. I'm an OAP. I thought I'd introduce myself over here as I have played a few games of BF3 with some of you.

I love to play BF3 and can't wait for PS4 and BF4.

I heard of the SNR gamers through some of our members over at OAP towers, and again, through playing some games with some of you. I come here seeking standard membership.

My gaming history is rather varied, from Atari 2600's to PC and all sorts. I have had most consoles as I "grew up", and have given them a great deal of my time. I like to think that all the practice is paying off!!

I have always liked FPS's, but can't be doing with CoD. I do like a good RPG too.

I'm 31 years old and live with my missus and two young ones. I don't play every night as I work awkward shifts but try to get on and hone my "Skills" as much as I can.

If anyone wants to add me on PSN or Battlelog, feel free. It's LastRytes on both.

Hope to collect your tags some time soon.

p.s. I already have Martoks.

Martok

Board Game Addict
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Hi LastRytes and welcome to the site. :waving:

Had some good games with you tonight on BF3, both on the same and opposing teams. I did notice you taking my tags! I'll be looking for revenge next time. ;)

I've seen you over on Gaming Oldies making various posts, you seem to be a bit of an ambassador for OAP!

You've been playing games for quite a while then if you're only 31 and started on the Atari 2600! That was around in my time and I'm a wee bit older than you. I went the Intellivision route instead with its "3D graphics" :lol: Did you play Raiders of the Lost Ark on the 2600?

There's not many CoD players around here so you're in good company. BF3 is the preferred option though we do play other FPS & TPS games like Killzone 3, Uncharted 3 and the fantastic The Last of Us.

Anyway, make yourself at home, feel free to join in or start any conversations across the forums, and join in any of our events. You can also check out our new media gallery - feel free to comment or rate any videos/images and you can even add some yourself.

See you online again soon. :)

LastRytes

Casual Gamer
Reaction score
Aye, cheers Martok. Ambassador for OAP eh? Not sure that everyone over there would agree with that but I'll take it!! Gaming Oldies site is like a second home for me. Great bunch of guys over there.

Can't remember playing ROTLA. Only got vague recollections of any games on that. Combat was one I do remember though. I'll have a rummage through the site when I get a bit more time.

Martok

Board Game Addict
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Aye, cheers Martok. Ambassador for OAP eh? Not sure that everyone over there would agree with that but I'll take it!! Gaming Oldies site is like a second home for me. Great bunch of guys over there.
Well I think that anyone who goes out to meet folk in other communities is an ambassador for their own community, so you get a thumbs up from me. :1thumbup: Gaming Oldies are a good bunch indeed - I don't post much at all over there but I do visit their forums daily. We have played them in the past on Killzone 3 and BF3 so we really must organise something again with them.

LastRytes

Casual Gamer
Reaction score
Yeah I'd be game for that. There is plenty of scope for matches and game nights like tonight's between OAPs, GOs and SNR, we could also get the OnR guys over. I'm a member over there too.

I think that the broader the spectrum of friends, the more likely you are to enjoy the time spent in game.

Anyway, it's bedtime for me so I'll catch you next time. I'll be falling asleep with some nice new tags under my pillow.

Slaine

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Hi @LastRytes nice to meet you. Anyone who's got Martoks tags is certainly a friend of mine.;) Hope to see you online in a game soon

Last edited by a moderator:

DrewePeacock

May contain sarcasm
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Hey @LastRytes!

Welcome to the site! Take a chair, pull up a glass.

We've met on the Battlefield a few times now, and I've really enjoyed the battles so far. You've definitely got the better KD ratio over me, but I have two sets of your tags... 8-)

Catch you online again soon!

Jkrohn1

5P4M 80T
Senior Citizen
Donator
Reaction score
Welcome @LastRytes I'm currently away from gaming due to work but in the next few weeks I will be looking at a grand return with fireworks and champagne. Hope to see you on the battlefield :)

Martok lost more tags, he must still have the stab me sign on his back.

Plaxinator

Wino extraordinaire
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Welcome to the site!

PS I have your tags :D

Spruijt

Real men wear clogs
Senior Citizen
Donator
Reaction score
Hiya LastRytes, welcom to SNR. Hope to see you online sometime soon. I'll chuck out an PSN invite tonight.

Acegadgets

Not so serious gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Hi, LastRytes, What kind of wierd shifts do you work? I'm always on the look out for people to play with in the early evenings as I work a stupidly early shift and go to bed when most of the SNRs are just coming online.
Or perhaps they stay offline till I go to bed to avoid my occasional lagginess?

P-Newson666

Warlock, Jedi, Sith... #66 PNMotorsport
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Hey LastRytes, your wanted back in OAP Halls, Nurse has your injections ready.

;)

LastRytes

Casual Gamer
Reaction score
Hiya Gadgets, I work early and late shift 06:30 - 14:30 and 14:30 - 22:30. Not necessarily weird but definitely awkward.

Hiya Phil. I've been dodging nurse for ages, I hope you haven't rumbled me.

zoob

I fight for the Users!
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Greetings LastRytes, nice to have you onboard!