Here goes nothing.....

RuddRacer

Casual Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Greetings,
I found out about Senior Gamers via GTA V while looking for a "Crew" to join for online play. I was directed here and was intrigued after finding out the requirements, rules and values of SNR.

I am a 45 year old avid gamer who enjoys a wide verity of games. Most of my gaming experience is on the PS3, here are a couple of my favorite genres and examples; Racing-(Gran Turismo), RPG-(Borderlands, Mass Effect,) Action-(Grand Theft Auto, Uncharted, God of War), Shooter-(Resident Evil, Ratchet & Clank).
My Playstation Network profile reads; Old, Slow & Thorough and I think it is pretty accurate. I like to do everything and complete all possible objectives (minus grinding) but the scope of my gaming history excludes online play. I don't want to be someone's chump nor do I want to have an intense hard core player lash out at me for making a mistake. It is hard to get experience playing online if you never play online....I am hoping that by becoming a member of SNR it will give me an opportunity to meet people that are mature and cordial.

I appreciate you considering me for a standard membership at SNR and thank you for your time. I will do the request invitation via the GTA V site for joining the Senior Gamers Crew as well. (Crew Leader is OAPslaine)

yinkin

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Welcome to the SNRs, you certainly wont have any trouble playing online with us lot, we are exactly what we claim to be, a clan for aging gamers where you can pull up and old overstuffed armchair, turn down your hearing aid and fall asleep to the merry sounds of gunfire. We appreciate enthusiasm rather than performance and I think you will fit right in.

We cover a wide variety of games, we have had in the past regular gaming nights for Killzone, Uncharted, Borderlands 2, Gran Turismo 6, Battlefield etc, and offline, if its a popular playstation game you willl no doubt find someone here who is playing it, has played it, or bought it on a whim and occasionally dusts it.

I am sure others will be here shortly to ask embarrassing personal questions.

DrewePeacock

May contain sarcasm
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Hey RuddRacer! Welcome to SNR! :drinks:

Martok

Board Game Addict
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Welcome, @RuddRacer ! :greeting:

So, who/what was it that directed you to this place?

Anyway, glad to see you've made it here and signed up. Please feel free to have a look around the forums and get involved both in the discussions and any online events that we have.

As has been said, we're a group of older gamers who aren't interested in how good we play (though it is nice to win at times!). It's all about having fun online and a chance to chill away from the screaming teenagers found in some games. Real life of course comes first so there's no commitment to having to play regularly, you just fit it in as and when you can. So if this all sounds like the sort of thing that you are after then hopefully Senior Games is for you. :)

You have asked for standard membership, which is fine. Would you be interested in full membership? As you will have read, this gets some extra benefits and all we ask in return is that this is your main community (you're welcome to be in others as well, of course) and you fly the [SNR] tags online. If so then we'd play online with you first to give you a chance to see that we're basically an OK bunch (and vice versa, of course), then that's it. No long winded joining process or skill requirements, it's as simple as that. Anyway, if you're interested then let us know. :)

Here's a few questions to help us get to know you better (do feel free to ask us questions too!):

1. Gaming history - tell us a bit more about this. Any consoles or games prior to the PS3? What, apart from GTA V, are you currently playing?
  2. Are you planning on getting a PS4? Some members have one already whilst some of us have remained on the PS3. Whatever your plans there will be gaming on both consoles at SNR for the forseeable future
  3. Are you a member of any other gaming communities?

Feel free to chuck me a friends request. Note the dash on the end of my PSN ID.

Hope to see you online soon. :D

Acegadgets

Not so serious gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Hi RuddRacer welcome to the softest core gaming clan you are likely to come across. I presume that you are from the UK as Americans like to win at all costs and you don't seem to have a European accent. Where abouts are you from and what kind of times do you usually play?
I'm pretty much GTA's biggest fanboy here in the SNRs'. I play most nights with @Pezza1971 and @pede2010 . A few others also join us such as @Spruijt our token foreigner , mr @zoob, @Alien_Chick and her hubby Daytime shark. If you fancy playing online , we tend to play a bit early in the evenings weekdays as some of us have jobs that require us to get up in the middle of the night , and others like to nip off to the pub after a couple of hours online. We play a bit later on Saturday nights. I'll add you to the GTA crew as Slaine is never about when you need him. We do all kinds of stuff usually between 6.30 - 9.30 pm, a few others do play on GTA a bit later in the evening. Currently we're playing a lot on our own home made levels. The good thing about being in a crew is that you can mute all the others and have a laugh with your friends. I'll add you as a friend, it might be worth you adding those above that i've mentioned, put SNR in the request in case they havent seen this post.
The only other game that floats my boat at the moment is Assasins Creed , Black flag, but it seems to be a bit naff online. I also intend to play Battlefield 4 when I get a bit sick of GTA , but I suffer from a bit of lag, which puts me off playing it a bit.
Might be up for some GT 5 before they switch the servers off if you fancy a bit of that?

Slaine

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Hi @RuddRacer glad you looked in on us. I'm ps4ing at the mo big time, but i do play the ps3 from time to time (this weekend funny enough). I'll bung you a friends request later if that's ok

zoob

I fight for the Users!
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Hola @RuddRacer & welcome to the crew.

I'm universally rubbish at most online games but always up for it when I have the time.

Catch you in Los Santos at some point over the weekend, I hope!

Last edited:

Spruijt

Real men wear clogs
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Hello and welcome to SNR. Make yourself at home and let the prodding commence.

Would you mind smacking the head nurse on the backside and send her to my room? Don't worry, she might shout at you but she likes it.

Plaxinator

Wino extraordinaire
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Hello and welcome! You should definitely add @Acegadgets as he plays GTAV all the time and is crap at most games so you won't have to worry about showing him up, he can do that himself :D.

Feel free to add me (Plaxinator) but I'm not playing that many games at the moment. I'm currently mainly playing Rocksmith on the PS3 and BF4 on the PS4. I do however also have GTAV, Borderland 1 & 2 and GT5 on the PS3. So a few games in common at least. In fact I think most Seniors have at least 1 of the above mentioned games.

Bogus4Real

Help with spellign, anyone!?
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Hi and welcome! I'm The Swedish Chef around here. That means that I'm funny, not because I have a sense of humour, but because I have a very funny accent and a strange personality.

I'm on the PS4 and to be honest, I only play Battlefield. I some times by other games, but I don't play them. They are just laying there, reminding me of how addicted I am of the battlefield franchise. So... If you ever see the light sometime in the future, please join me on the Battlefield :)

HERMAN_JELMET

Meatbag
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Yo yo yo woddup bitches?

I'm street! Who says I'm not?

Sappnin' fam, You get me?
:tumbleweed:
If you're crap at racing games does that make you a 'crudracer'? Geddit!

Anyhoo, If you're looking for other milky white eyes, Arthritic fingers and duff bladders to play with then you've come to the right place :lol:
Feel free to send me a FR :)

jonnywombat

Semi-Regular Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Hi There @RuddRacer ,

Welcome aboard, I'm mainly playing GT6 and Minecraft atm, feel free to join me if the mood takes you, and assuming you stop murdering prostitutes in GTA for a while.

RuddRacer

Casual Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score

• To elaborate a bit... I was on the GTA V portion of Rockstar Games Social Club site looking for a "crew" to join. The Senior Gamers crew appealed to me but new members had to request an invite. The instructions were to go to seniorgamers.net for more information on joining the crew. I hope that is clear now for those who have not played GTA V online or joined a crew for online play.

You have asked for standard membership, which is fine. Would you be interested in full membership? As you will have read, this gets some extra benefits and all we ask in return is that this is your main community (you're welcome to be in others as well, of course) and you fly the [SNR] tags online. If so then we'd play online with you first to give you a chance to see that we're basically an OK bunch (and vice versa, of course), then that's it. No long winded joining process or skill requirements, it's as simple as that. Anyway, if you're interested then let us know. :)

If I understand correctly I think PSN requires a separate e-mail address for every PSN account so between me the wife and 2 kids we are already up to 4. It is not impossible but I guess I would like to see the advantages before taking on another task for myself.

Here's a few questions to help us get to know you better (do feel free to ask us questions too!):

1. Gaming history - tell us a bit more about this. Any consoles or games prior to the PS3? What, apart from GTA V, are you currently playing?
    • I am pretty linear when it comes to games. So when I finish GTA V I think I will stay with the Rockstar theme and finally do Max Payne.
  2. Are you planning on getting a PS4? Some members have one already whilst some of us have remained on the PS3. Whatever your plans there will be gaming on both consoles at SNR for the forseeable future.
    • Let me preface by letting you know I was a very early adopter of PS3 (60G, PS 2 backwards compatible) so I am not adverse to getting the latest and greatest when it becomes available. For me I don't see any big differentiators between the two. Until I do I guess I will wait to get a PS4 when I run out of PS3 games to play.
    • GT Planet (Site dedicated to Gran Turismo, I have just joined in the last 1 or so but have frequented the site since GT 4 on PS2.)

RuddRacer

Casual Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Hi There @RuddRacer ,

Welcome aboard, I'm mainly playing GT6 and Minecraft atm, feel free to join me if the mood takes you, and assuming you stop murdering prostitutes in GTA for a while.
I have already completed GT6 but plan on going back after they do some updates for content and fixes. I will add you to my friend list.

ChrissPeacock

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Welcome Rudder,

Hope to catch you on GT at some point....

RuddRacer

Casual Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score

Anyway, glad to see you've made it here and signed up. Please feel free to have a look around the forums and get involved both in the discussions and any online events that we have.

As has been said, we're a group of older gamers who aren't interested in how good we play (though it is nice to win at times!). It's all about having fun online and a chance to chill away from the screaming teenagers found in some games. Real life of course comes first so there's no commitment to having to play regularly, you just fit it in as and when you can. So if this all sounds like the sort of thing that you are after then hopefully Senior Games is for you. :)

2. Are you planning on getting a PS4? Some members have one already whilst some of us have remained on the PS3. Whatever your plans there will be gaming on both consoles at SNR for the forseeable future

I replied to your questions but I put the text within your post so it was not visible unless you expanded the message. I will put the info in this post so it can be seen easily by everyone.

How did I find Senior Gamers?
I was on the GTA V portion of Rockstar Games Social Club site looking for a "crew" to join. I did a name search under "OLD" but most often it was using a different meaning of the word than I had intended. Next I searched for crews with Senior in the name and found Senior Gamers crew. Instead of being able to join at will new members had to request an invite. The instructions were to go to seniorgamers.net for more information on joining the crew. That is when I found out the specifics and became intrigued.

Membership full or standard?
If I understand correctly I think PSN requires a separate e-mail address for every PSN account so between me the wife and 2 kids we are already up to 4. Not a lot of work of course, but I wanted to take 1st things 1st and see how it went.

Gaming History?
90% of it has came on the PS3. I had graduated college and started my career before getting an Nintendo (1989) which was bought only to play Jeopardy. Oh I did have pong and Atari (2600, that is the first one right?) as a little kid but phones are have more in-depth games these days. So for the most part I grew before the home video game era. Played with the kids some on PS2 but this is also where I played "my" 1st game, Grand Turismo 4. Only played a few other titles - God of War, MLB the Show, NBA 2k? and a little Madden Football. By then the PS3 had came out.

What else am I playing?
I am pretty linear when it comes to games. So when I finish GTA V I think I will stay with the Rockstar theme and finally do Max Payne 3 .

PS4?
Let me preface by letting you know I was a very early adopter of PS3 (60G, PS 2 backwards compatible) so I am not adverse to getting the latest and greatest when it becomes available. Currently, in my opinion I don't see any big technological benefits in the PS4. So either when something changes my mind or most likely once I have completed all the PS3 games that interest me.

Other Gaming Communities?
Just one GTPlanet (Gran Turismo focused, only became a member in the last year or two but I have frequented it since the days of GT4.)

Something I did not share before but I think I need to better explain my playing habits.
I put on my profile I was Retired but there is a reason, I am disabled due to a neurological disorder that effects a particular area of my brain.
This is why I play only one game at a time and can't change from game to game. It takes me a few days to learn the controls to game even if I have played it before.
Also, I will not be posting very much as it impacts my ability communicate in written form. It takes me forever...Almost 3 hrs to do my initial post.....
Subsequently I also have a rare sleep disorder....I will be on at weird time very late early morning my time in Texas.

I hope this helps clear up a few things. Let me know if you have other questions.

Acegadgets

Not so serious gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Rudd, most of us here are Europeans. We tend to play mostly in our evenings. I usually play around 6 till 9 pm gmt, which would be early afternoon for you. Are you around between 12.00 CST 15.00 CST?

RuddRacer

Casual Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Unfortunately I am not. I typically play after the kids are in bed so I am not on until around 04:00 your time. (I assumed 7 hrs difference as I had customers in the UK and Germany).
I have gained about 8 new friends through my introduction here at SNR so I will see how it goes. I need to have a chat with someone when I do catch them online as I have some questions about GTA 5 Online (finding/ starting sessions with SNR crew members). I have just stuck to playing solo mode so far getting familiar with all the different online stuff. I am at Lvl 19 and about ready to upgrade from a garage to an apartment. Cheers and have a good week.

Acegadgets

Not so serious gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I will put a few GTA online hints and tips on a new thread later on , which may be of help to you Rudd. I couldn't invite you into the rockstar crew, only @Slaine @farfromsane and @HERMAN_JELMET are able to do that.
I saw you on gta yesterday, but i was pretty much engrossed in Blag Flag . Sure i will catch you online at some stage.

Last edited:

zoob

I fight for the Users!
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I need to have a chat with someone when I do catch them online as I have some questions about GTA 5 Online (finding/ starting sessions with SNR crew members). I have just stuck to playing solo mode so far getting familiar with all the different online stuff. I am at Lvl 19 and about ready to upgrade from a garage to an apartment.
I'll make sure I'm around - like @Acegadgets, I spotted you on yesterday but was busy grinding Diablo 3 but do drop me a PM & I'm quite happy to jump in with you.

Do you use a headset?