The Board Game Hut - Great Games Supported By Great Service
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Senior Gamers!

We are a community for mature gamers who primarily play online games on PlayStation consoles (PS4, PS3, PS Vita). You can find out more in our About Us section.

If you are new to the site, why not register? By doing so and being an active member you can view the site without adverts, make posts and more. You can register here and even do so using Facebook, Twitter or Google+!

Hello!!!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by ThePuritan945, 18 Apr 2013.

1. ThePuritan945

ThePuritan945 Newbie Gamer

PSN:
    Thepuritan945
    Hi, my name is Carl, (thepuritan945)

I am 32 years old I live and work in New York City and I enjoy playing video games in my spare time.

I have been playing games my whole life and I am still pretty successful! I like FPS, open world games, and horror survival. As I have aged myself and my friends play less or have just stopped playing video games altogether. I miss the fun of playing with a big group of people who I know and can joke around with while on line.

I am looking for a well established clan with a fair amount of members when I can log in and have people to play with. I work in law enforcement and work odd hours when most people are at home I am at work. I am usually on late nights east coast time (when the wife is sleeping).

I am currently playing Black ops 2, bioshock, and deadspace 3. I think SNR is the kind of group i am looking for and I hope to be able to contribute, at least a few laughs anyway.

Thanks,
    Carl

2. jonnywombat

jonnywombat Semi-Regular Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    jonnywombat
    Hi Carl,
    Welcome to the Forum. What is the time difference between you and GMT? most of us here are based in the UK, and just trying to get my head around what time it would be here when it is late night for you..lol

I know exactly what you mean about having less gaming friends as you get older, it is exactly that reason why I joined here.

I am more of a racing game person myself, I am simply cannon fodder when I play FPS...

3. Slaine

Slaine Serious Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Torquemada
    Hi Carl, nice to meet you.

I dont think the time difference will be a problem as theres always someone online pottering around playing something.

Nice selection of games there. I love the Bioshock series, and Ive got the other two Dead Spaces. I played a demo of the third, so its on my list of one to get. I like the CODs, but dont play them religously as some players do. Do ever play Battlefield 3 at all? Racings really big over here as well. Me personally, I like pretty much most games.

Ive sent you a friends request on the 360. When I turn the PS3 on, I'll bung you another too (FYI my PSN id differs from my 360 one). Glad you stopped by!!

4. Martok

Martok Board Game Addict
    Staff Member Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Martok-
    Welcome to Senior Gamers, ThePuritan945. :wave:

How did you hear about this place? We're always interested to find out if it was through friends, other forums or simply by searching the interwebs.

If you're looking for a community of older gamers who like to play for fun and have a laugh, then this certainly is the place. :) As @jonnywombat said, we're mostly UK-based gamers with a smattering from Europe. I don't know how much of an issue this would be with us gaming together as I know that New York is 5 hours behind the UK and I'm guessing that if you play late at night, say 11pm your time that would be 4am our time. However, as you work in law enforcement with odd hours then things may work out just fine. You're more than welcome to try us out for a while, you have pretty much full access to our forums so you can join in discussions and you can see our Events section (we're open to playing a range of games, not just what you may see listed). If things work out then that's great. However if timezone is a problem then an international community like Warrior Nation, where we have some friends, could be an alternative.

So, do tell us more about your gaming history. When did you start gaming? On what consoles/computers did you play on? What games do you remember playing on these, any particular favourites?

As well as Black ops 2, bioshock, and deadspace 3, are there any other PS3 games you've played a lot in recent times? Are you a PS Plus member? A few of us here are and there's been some cracking games given through this in recent months, including Mass Effect 3, Crysis 2 and Batman: Arkham City. Next month sees us getting Hitman Absolution. Definitely a service worth having.

Anyway, let us know how you found us and a bit more info on your gaming history and do feel free to have a look through our forums and join in any of the discussions. :)

#4 Martok, 18 Apr 2013
    Last edited: 10 Aug 2013
  5. ThePuritan945

ThePuritan945 Newbie Gamer

PSN:
    Thepuritan945
    Hello gentalmen,

Thank you for the prompt responses. I found you guys by getting lost on the Internet, you know when you end up someplace and say to yourself "how did I get here?" Luckily this was a good find but boy I got lost in some dark corners of the Internet before. I was just searching for ps gaming community's and found a like to you guys and liked what I saw.

As far as my gaming history is concerned when I was a young man all of the kinds in the neighborhood hand NES systems so like most kids I to wanted one. After badgering my parents they decided they wanted nothing to do with getting me a Nintendo. In the end a compromise was reached my folks got me a Commodore 64 computer and I slowly amassed a stack of floppy drive games and I stilled played NES at my friends.

My next console was a sega I mastered sonic on that as well as road rash, F1, but I think games really changed with the playstation one. FF7 changed games for me I think that was so epic and unlike anything that came before it, it was an engrossing movie like story. Ps1 has some great games warhalk was a fav of mine and so was nightmare creatures. Playstation 2 was good for the open world games GtA Spider-Man was good and GranTOurismo.

I try and play as many games as I can I have gamefly and playstation plus. I don't really play many racing games as I spend most of my time driving. I like FPS and RPGS. I haven't played battlefield 3 yet but will be willing to pick it up. I think they are coming out with a new battlefield that I want to try.

Games I've really been into in the past few years. Wow (quit that habit), bioshock, deadspace, rage , counter strike, skyrim, the cods

I didn't know the clan was UK/Europe based. I was born in Birmingham and then moved to the US when I was 10. My wife is from OAkwood London. I spent two weeks in October visiting family. I hope it works out would like to plays some games with you guys.

Thanks for the warm welcome,

6. ChrissPeacock

ChrissPeacock Serious Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    ChrissPeacock
    Hi there Carl, welcome!

7. Spruijt

Spruijt Real men wear clogs
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Spruijt
    Welcome to SNR Carl. There are quite a few BF3 players here, so finding a few members to play with will be easy. I'm a petrol head myself, playing GT5, Most Wanted and Dirt mostly. See you online sometime soon.

8. DrewePeacock

DrewePeacock May contain sarcasm
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    DrewePeacock
    Hey Carl! *wave*

9. Acegadgets

Acegadgets Not so serious gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Acegadgets
    Hi Carl welcome to the seniors.

10. Jkrohn1

Jkrohn1 5P4M 80T
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    JKrohn1
    Welcome Carl will pop you an invite and see if I catch you online at some point.

11. Alien_Chick

Alien_Chick Regular Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Alien_Chick
    Hi Carl, hope you like it here and manage to catch a few games with us :D

12. Acegadgets

Acegadgets Not so serious gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Acegadgets
    I think he's gone.

13. Alien_Chick

Alien_Chick Regular Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Alien_Chick
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice