The Board Game Hut - Great Games Supported By Great Service
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Senior Gamers!

We are a community for mature gamers who primarily play online games on PlayStation consoles (PS4, PS3, PS Vita). You can find out more in our About Us section.

If you are new to the site, why not register? By doing so and being an active member you can view the site without adverts, make posts and more. You can register here and even do so using Facebook, Twitter or Google+!

Hello

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by mick, 27 Sep 2012.

1. mick

mick Even More Grumpy Grandad
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    mick170669
    Hi everyone,

My name is Mick, I am 43 (still cant believe it, where did all those years go ?) Im not married, tried it but didnt like it.

I live in Kings Hill which is near Maidstone in Kent but im originally from Cambridge, I moved to Kent to live with my girlfriend 8 years ago.
    I am not working and havent done since I moved from Cambridge (not because im lazy despite what the other half says) but because I have a Liver Disease and the complications I have from that make it difficult for me to work.

Gaming wise have had loads of different consoles,computers and the like since the old Atari from 1977.
    Gaming classics that I loved and remember through the years included 3D monster maze on the ZX81.
    JetPac, LunarJetMan, SabreWulf and AtticAttack on the Spectrum.
    The epic Geoff Crammonds Grand Prix on the Commodore Amiga.
    Then for a few years played a game called Legend Of Mir 2 on the PC. And now have a PS3 after a short (very short) spell with a XBOX which I didnt like at all.

Dont know what else to say, so its over to you :thumbup:

2. Jkrohn1

Jkrohn1 5P4M 80T
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    JKrohn1
    Hi Mike and welcome, so what games are you currently playing? A few of us will/are on battlefield 3 tonight if your free.

3. mick

Senior Citizen

PSN:
    mick170669
    Hi,
    I mainly play GT5 more than anything else, I do have BF3 but I am only lvl 4 as Im no good at shooters so dont tend to play them much online as die/respawn/die/respawn..... tends to get a bit boring lol, I should really play it more as im sure id get better with a bit of practice.

Im busy tonight updating a new console as mine died on Saturday and I got another one last night for a bargain £50.

4. Spruijt

Spruijt Real men wear clogs
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Spruijt
    Hiya Mick, welcome to our little home :thumbup:.

We're a jolly bunch with a nice variety of people. Which games do you play at the moment and what are you looking forward to this fall?

A few of us are currently looking for that special something in Borderlands' Pandora.

Hope to see you online sometime soon.

5. mick

Senior Citizen

PSN:
    mick170669
    Currently playing (depending on the mood im in)
    GT5
    Max Payne 3
    Ghost Recon Future Soldier
    Resistance 3
    Zen Pinball 2
    and the odd game of Birds of Steel

Looking forward to getting Far Cry 3 (especially as it has a map editor like 2 did) and MoH Warfighter. Then next year there is Lost Planet 3 and Crysis 3 that I shall probably end up getting.

6. Spruijt

Spruijt Real men wear clogs
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Spruijt
    Aye, Far Cry 3 is on my shopping list as well. Loved FC2 and it's map editor. Didn't know 3 will have it as well. Now I want it even more ;)

The one I'm looking forward to the most is NFS: Most Wanted. If Criterion put it's money where it's mouth is (and I'm sure they'll do) I'm gonna play that game to bits.

7. mick

Senior Citizen

PSN:
    mick170669
  8. Jkrohn1

Jkrohn1 5P4M 80T
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    JKrohn1
    Great someone has GR:FS been looking for anyone to play with not played it much but heard the Coop is exceptionally good. I have max Payne 3 but adly not play it yet :(

I am also looking forward to MOH and Far Cry 3 :)

9. Slaine

Slaine Serious Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Torquemada
    Hi Mick, and welcome to the Seniors

What a small world, you're only round the corner from me!! :shock: How did you hear about us by the way?

We cater for all games here, although it is predominantly for the PS3. Im a big 360 fan myself, but Ive got both. Personally I prefer the 360. Nice to hear youve got Resistance 3. I like this game and wouldnt mind dusting it off to play some more.

How things work around here is we meet up one evening in a game of your choice, we all have a laugh, and hopefully you'll want to stick around and game with us some more.

I'll bung you a friends request next time Im online. Just to confuse you, Im Torquemada on the PSN!! :roll: :lol:

Anyway, hope to a game or two soon!!! :thumbup:

10. HaloJ

HaloJ Serious Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    HaloJ
    Morning Mick, nice intro. A few members have been getting together for more regular evenings on GT5 recently, with I think Saturday evening being the time of choice. I'm an FPS player rather than a driver although I did enjoy GT2 back in the day.

So may I ask what type of membership you are after? The Full Fat or the Lite version? Full Fat being full membership, flying the SNR flag, full access to the site and all it's features or Ally for when you belong to another community and wish to fly their flag.

Abs

11. ChrissPeacock

ChrissPeacock Serious Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    ChrissPeacock
    Hi Mick. Good to hear from another GT5 player. There will be some informal racing Saturday night this week so if you would like to drop in send me a friend request...

12. ColSonders

ColSonders A.W.O.L.
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    ColSonders
    Welcome to the Seniors Mick.

I'm another FPS'er myself, mostly playing Battlefield 3 and Borderlands 2 at the moment. Had Resistance 3 for yonks, only just got round to starting the campaign a couple of months back and never really got a chance to play much.

Totally looking forward to the new Need for Speed though, should be some great arcadey driving action.

13. roger947

roger947 Semi-Regular Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    rogerjones947
    Hi miick and welcome to the snr site :thumbup:

Although not a full member myself, i've been gaming with these guys for a while and i'm sure you'll like it here as they're a really good bunch of people :D

14. yinkin

yinkin Serious Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    yinkin
    Nice to see you here Mick.

Sounds like we have some resistance 3 players crawling out the woodwork, I have this too and I would join anyone who wants a game of that, would make a nice change.

There a bunch of us who enjoy a game of Zen pinball too, halo is the one to beat in that arena.

I am also keeping my eye on Far Cry 3, enjoyed FC2 but I hope the third one manages to solve some of the issues that game had. The map editor was good fun though and I hope we see soemthing good this time around.

Anyway Nice to see you.

15. HaloJ

HaloJ Serious Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    HaloJ
    :wave:

Yeah, I'm a bit of a life long pinball fanatic. I love the more realistic tables on Zen Pinball 2; Blade, Captain America (if you can forgive the cube teleport), Tesla, Ghost Rider, El Dorado etc. It's such a shame that real tables are rare finds and expensive to play although a pub used I to frequent in Holloway had a regular rotation of good value tables. Not found anything local to me though now I've moved out of North London.

16. mick

Senior Citizen

PSN:
    mick170669
    Thanks for the replies, I shall try to answer your questions...

Never known to do things by half so its gotta be the full fat version. I am registered on a couple of other forums but have yet to find one I would like to call "home"

shall do that next time I log-in.

Halo am I right in thinking that you are female? (Sorry if not, just that you signed your reply Abs) anyway reason I ask is my girlfriend has just taken possesion of my old PS3 (its got a knackered bluray drive so wont load disks) and she plays pinball on that, so if you wanted to have another pinball addict (she loves it) on your friends list feel free to send her a FR (her psn id is BroadmoorPatient)

Mick.

17. Slaine

Slaine Serious Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Torquemada
    And the award for the best PSN id is :lol: :D

Thats brilliant!!! The PSN is awash with pervs who when they hear a female voice lose all sense of reason. What a cracking way to keep these numpties away. Unless of course she really is a Broadmoor patient, in which case tell her get well soon. :oops: :lol:

18. Acegadgets

Acegadgets Not so serious gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Acegadgets
    Hello Young mick.
    Did you know on 17th June 1969
    Historical Events
    Events
    - "Oh! Calcutta!" opens in NYC (almost entirely in the nude)
    After a 23 game match, Boris Spassky defeats Tigran Petrosian to become the World Chess Champion in Moscow
    Famous Birthdays
    Birthdays
    - Karen Nystrom, ice hockey forward (Canada, Oly-Silver-98)
    - Kevin Thornton, Amarillo, vocalist (Color Me Badd-Want to Sex You Up)
    - Patric Kjellberg, hockey forward (Team Sweden Oly-1998)
    - Paul Tergat, Kenyan athlete
    and You were born..
    Despite being 10 years younger than me we seem to have enjoyed playing quite a few similar games, Some of those early spectrum titles were amazing in their day, and geoff Crammonds Grand prix racing was the begining of my love for car racing games.
    I recently re started playing GT5 again , trying to stop myself spending 79p on yet another car in the store this week. i've put a little challenge up for Saturday night, in the events thread, take a look.
    Most of us older seniors are pretty poor at FPS games so dont let that put you off playing them online especially with us. Provbably best to stick to the games on bigger maps , such as that Battlefield and far cry.
    I'm also looking forward to the next MOH game and Crisis 3 next year. Loved Crisis 2 but not many of my mates ever bothered with it.
    So if you want to join us on Saturday, send me a friends request , I'll be on about sevenish , the rest come in a bit later, but dont think theres going to be a huge turnout this week as Borderlands 2 is taking up most of the seniors gaming time this week.

19. mick

Senior Citizen

PSN:
    mick170669
    I dont have access to the events thread, I can see the little drop down box that says about 100k, 2 cars and modify one of them, but clicking on Event Link I get told I dont yet have access. I will send out a FR when im on next.

20. Martok

Martok Board Game Addict
    Staff Member Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Martok-
    Indeed, the Events Section with all the threads about our events is only accessible to Allies and Seniors. As you have seen though, all our events are in the Events calendar at the top of the website so at least you can see what we are playing.

As you seem interested in joining our community and have made some good posts so far, I've now given you you Ally status as a temporary upgrade. You'll now see the Events section and Allies area plus your name has turned green. There's a lot more forums besides this which will be available to you as a Senior (full member) along with our chat system, VIP status on our BF3 server and other stuff too. As has already been mentioned, for this we'll want to play with you online in a game or two to get to know you. If after this you still want membership and agree to fly the [SNR] tag in online games then you'll become a Senior. :)

Anyway, do check out next week's events (some of which I'm about to post up), stick your name down for any you fancy and I hope to see you online soon. :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice