The Board Game Hut - Great Games Supported By Great Service
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Senior Gamers!

We are a community for mature gamers who primarily play online games on PlayStation consoles (PS4, PS3, PS Vita). You can find out more in our About Us section.

If you are new to the site, why not register? By doing so and being an active member you can view the site without adverts, make posts and more. You can register here and even do so using Facebook, Twitter or Google+!

Hello!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by DoopysDad, 12 Aug 2012.

1. DoopysDad

DoopysDad Semi-Regular Gamer

PSN:
    DoopysDad
    Hello there - I'm Paul, 34 years old & father of two and a long, long time ago used to be an Old Age Playstationer :grandpa: under the name of Jester... but these days my gaming handle is DoopysDad (PSN) and Doopys Dad (Xbox).

Now... confession time - I don't own a PS3 :shh: - but I DO have a Vita :thumbup: - so would very much like some nice folks on my buddy list and, when I get around to getting some multiplayer games on it, having some games with y'all.

I'm also on Raptr (see sig below) and Twitter as DoopysDad :)

So umm... yeah - that's me - Ian (Dogstar) tipped me off to you & I'm very pleased he did.

:woot:

2. yinkin

yinkin Serious Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    yinkin
    I remember you from way back, as Jester, good to see you again, i was sheeptoy back then since we are getting all nostalgic. Any glad you found your way here, so many old faces showing up brilliant

3. HERMAN_JELMET

HERMAN_JELMET Meatbag
    Staff Member Senior Citizen

PSN:
    HERMAN_JELMET
    Alright Droopy,

Welcome.

So you know Dogstar In the flesh? Embarrassing pics and shit would be nice :D
    Would you consider getting a PS3?
    Are you after full fat membership or diet?

There's a couple of members with a Vita thing but It doesn't interest me, Maybe when I can play my PS3 games on It and access the same saves then I'd probably get one :)

4. Spruijt

Spruijt Real men wear clogs
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Spruijt
    Welcome mr Droopy sir. Haven't had the pleasure to have met you in the old place. But that might change over here.

Make yourself at home. Don't touch the Gouda in the fridge though, that's mine. We Dutch take our cheese seriously and we don't share it. That's what weed is for ;)

5. Acegadgets

Acegadgets Not so serious gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Acegadgets
    I think you need to get a PS3. I know a bloke who has one. Its one of those really reliable original models with the extra USB slots and bigger HDD fitted . It never gets used and the hard drive has never recently been formatted. He would probably sell it for a hundred quid or so. :angel:

6. Martok

Martok Board Game Addict

PSN:
    Martok-
    Welcome to the new place, Doopys Dad.

I remember you as Jester over on OAP and all the shenanigans that went on back then. History seems to repeat itself. :) I seem to recall that you returned to that place eventually with the name of Optimus, who is still a full member of that community though I don't think you've been there for a few years!

Are you a member of any other communities at the moment?

As someone has already asked, would you consider buying a PS3? It'd be great to see you online again (I don't have a Vita and won't be likely to get one due to finances etc).

What membership are you after? We have a "membership lite" option which is Ally status. This gives you access to a few more forums and our events and is suitable for those who are members of other communities. We also have a "full membership" option which gives you the whole shebang and is for those who wish this place to be their main community (you can still be a member of other communities) and will fly the [SNR] tag in online games. Do note that if you went for this then you'll likely be Chummed over on OAP!

If you are after full membership, then technically this is for folk who have a PS3, which you haven't but you do have a Vita and are known to several members already. If you are after this option then I'll let the Seniors decide if they are happy for the guidelines to be bent on this occasion. :)

7. ColSonders

ColSonders A.W.O.L.
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    ColSonders
    Long time no see Jester. Hope life has been treating you well and no doubt will have a bit of a chat with you in the near future on here. Hopefully we'll persuade you to get a PS3 too and get you online with some of us.

8. Slaine

Slaine Serious Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Torquemada
    Hi Doopys Dad. I vaguely remember your name Jester, but my mind isn't what it was. :grandpa: I've got a Vita and I love it. I only really play Unit 13 online which is just amazing. My main online fix is my PS3. Still now the Vita is getting more and more cross platform, may be a Wipeout night could be sorted, with Vitas and PS3s

Happy to have you aboard and here's hoping we can convince you to buy a ps3, if for no other reason than the cross play features, but I think Battlefield 3 might persuade you!!! :thumbup:

.....couldn't help noticing you're a 360 owner too like myself. Always nice to see another one added to the ranks!! Feel free to bung me a Friends Request.

Hope to catch you in a game of something.

9. DoopysDad

PSN:
    DoopysDad
    Hi All.

Thanks for the warm welcome - tbh the reason I got a vita is that it's nigh on impossible for me to get on a 'full fat' console on my telly before half 10 at night (if then) - so the Vita allows me to play games whilst the rest of the family uses the tellybox to watch such horrors as Peppa Pig and One Born Every minute - sadly my days of being able to get online for prearranged games are long behind me.

So while getting a PS3 would be nice - I'd never be on it. :D

@Martok - I'd totally forgotten I'd made another account over at OAP - must have been just before I got the 360 which in itself was 4 years ago now... time flies!

I'd not really considered what type of membership I want - basically I was wondering if anyone else had vita's & if so I'd add you to my buddy list and play some games now and again - and send prezzies via Near :) So the ally thingie would be fine as I'm not one for epic forum posts these days, job + masters + kids puts pay to that :) But if you have a Vita forum then I'd love to be a part of that :)

Cheers all!

P.

10. Martok

Martok Board Game Addict

PSN:
    Martok-
    We don't have a Vita forum currently. Who knows, if you post enough topics on Vita games then we may just have to set one up. :)

I've granted you Ally access, which means you'll see a few more forums and your name has turned a shade of green. If you want to post topics on Vita games, you can put them in General Chat or the Allies section for now.

11. Bad Robot

Bad Robot Semi-Regular Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    B8dRobot
    Welcome Doopys Dad, I'm sure you'll enjoy yourself here. Just don't stand in the same spot for too long or you'll get nuked.

12. HERMAN_JELMET

HERMAN_JELMET Meatbag

PSN:
    HERMAN_JELMET
    I thought that said 'naked' :D

13. Bad Robot

Bad Robot Semi-Regular Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    B8dRobot
    Mmmmm wonder why you thought that then :evil:

14. DoopysDad

PSN:
    DoopysDad
    Hello!

I've now got me a ps3 with PS+ so, um... Yeah.

Can I come in now? :)

15. Jkrohn1

Jkrohn1 5P4M 80T
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    JKrohn1
    Yeah buddy, hope to get a few games with you. What you playing?

16. DoopysDad

PSN:
    DoopysDad
    Online wise, Fall of Cybertron & I've got Far Cry 3 - yet to play it online though :)

17. Martok

Martok Board Game Addict

PSN:
    Martok-
    Good to hear you've got a PS3. :D

I'll sort out your full membership shortly. Your name will turn red and you'll see all of our forums as well as have access to the chat system. You can also wear the [SNR] tags in online games and help advertise this place.

So, welcome to the Seniors, Doopy. :thumbup:

Hope to see you online soon :)

18. DoopysDad

PSN:
    DoopysDad
    Top stuff! :)

19. mick

mick Even More Grumpy Grandad
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    mick170669
    Far Cry 3 is great, I prefer the co-op to the main multiplayer myself. The comms are dreadful though. I think there are only a few of us that play it, myself, Acegadgets, JKrohn1 and dogstar is all I can think of

20. DoopysDad

PSN:
    DoopysDad
    Ah.

Oh I've also got DCUO, which looks like it might be fun. :)

And I'm on plus so have all the free games, like BioShock 2 and Gotham city imposters etc. :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice