Hello

DamiXX5

Newbie Gamer
Reaction score
rofl Martok. Avoiding text talk, using punctuation and achieving the requisite of 150 words, I introduce myself. Hello Senior Gamer's community, I am DamiXX5. Wanting only the ability to edit my own posts and maybe occasssionaly hosting games, I'm applying for Full Bronze Citizenship. Like many of you, I poured money into the arcade and eventually got my own console(s) and computer(s). So aside from N.E.S. games, I've played pretty-much everything. I liked some games more than others but have no favourites yet. I'm not going to sport the [SNR] clan-tag, unless I'm playing with a [SNR] team. I've got a microphone and can speak English and schoolboy French and German. Yeah, I get around and I've heard of Senior Gamers, but where exactly, I don't know. Before you think of poking and prodding me, be sure that I'll tell you what I think and even possibly tell you were you can put that prodder - however, I'll always play it straight, be it in game or out. Sure I like to win and often do, still, it's just a game. This is the way I'll conduct myself, should I be invited to join the Senior Gamers' community. I'm DamiXX5 and I hope we can play together. I'm a consummate trophy-seeker - dedicated to getting imaginary picture-prizes, with passion. I'm 45, Australian and....I forgot lol :) (sorry Martok for text talk). Let's play!

Martok

Board Game Addict
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Welcome, @DamiXX5 :waving:

We're old and grumpy here (some more than others, eh @mick ;) ) and we remember the good old days when people could write properly (and if they couldn't, they were in the workhouses anyway), when the Internet didn't exist and long-distance communication was by carrier pigeon, and... :grandpa:

I won't mention that you didn't use any paragraphs in your post. ;) :lol:

You're now a standard member and with a few posts, you'll get some of the Silver benefits too.

So, you've played a lot of games on various consoles, you're from Australia... Tell us about your current gaming. Do you have a PS4 or are you still on the PS3? What are the current games you are playing at the moment?

Most Seniors are on the PS4 and popular games are Destiny and Warframe with a variety of others played too (Battlefield Hardline, GTA V etc). We still have a few members who have stuck with the PS3, so hopefully you'll find someone to game with. Timezones may be an issue with some folks as many of us are in the UK and Europe but we do have folks who work shifts as well as a few members in the US and a couple (@Sportsvee and @Bloodfairy in NZ). :)

NVranya

Oi! Who stole my pretty green letters?
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I won't mention the incorect text :shock:
In that case, I won't mention you didn't spell "incorect" correct :mrgreen:

Greetings @DamiXX5 !
Next time, please do these old eyes a favor and hit the enter key once in a while ;)

Edit: @Skarpar stealthily editing your post? Or was it ol' @Martok hiding the evidence?

Last edited by a moderator:

Skarpar

Regular Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score

In that case, I won't mention you didn't spell "incorect" correct :mrgreen:

Greetings @DamiXX5 !
Next time, please do these old eyes a favor and hit the enter key once in a while ;)
What post are you refering to? :?

NVranya

Oi! Who stole my pretty green letters?
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I guess my eyes were still blinded by the wall of text then :eh:8-)

Sportsvee

Has a Fan....
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Guys (& gals), he's Australian.

Ummmm. That's all I've got.

Otherwise giddy mate. Perla to meet ya @DamiXX5. Look forward ta gaming with ya.

Plaxinator

Wino extraordinaire
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
When I finished Uni my first job was a short stint working for a telecoms provider that started with a B and ended in a T. Anyway one caller asked me if I was Australian.
That and hello @DamiXX5 is all the constructive contribution I am making in this post.

Tktonny

Regular Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
hi and welcome
When I finished Uni my first job was a short stint working for a telecoms provider that started with a B and ended in a T. Anyway one caller asked me if I was Australian.
That and hello @DamiXX5 is all the constructive contribution I am making in this post.
I to have been mistaken for australian because of my accent, very strange as the next person thought i was irish

Plaxinator

Wino extraordinaire
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
hi and welcome

I to have been mistaken for australian because of my accent, very strange as the next person thought i was irish
Some people need their ears cleaning out!

Tktonny

Regular Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Yeah that or get out and about in the world a bit more.

Bogus4Real

Help with spellign, anyone!?
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Welcome to the SNR!

... This may be off topic, but @Plaxinator - I was once mistakenly taken for being from Bornholm. I'm very proud of this, as that lovely island actually is a part of Denmark.