• Welcome to Senior Gamers!

Senior Gamers [SNR] is a community for mature gamers aged 25+ years who primarily play on the PlayStation consoles.

We used this website from June 2012 until March 2020. Technology moved on during this time and we have now moved to Discord. If you are familiar with it already you'll know how quick and easy it is to use. If you haven't tried it yet, you really should!

You can browse this archived website to see what we posted over the years.

You can join us on Discord to see what we've posted more recently and to chat. Click on the link below to find us. We hope to see you there!

Senior Gamers Discord

Hello World!

Diablodes

Casual Gamer
Reaction score
Hey all I’m Victor.

I do not aspire to be a Senior Citizen at the moment, just a regular user. I´m 36 years old and have been playing since Commodore 64. Got my first PC somewhere around 88 I think after that Nintendo came along and I enjoyed using it for a while but was mostly into PC Gaming. One of the girlfriends got me a PlayStation One but didn’t play much at first, I was still married to the PC. A friend of mine would drop by the house and play on the PlayStation, he didn’t have one at the time as he could not convince the girlfriend he needed one so he just bought games and used mine. He could not take the console to his house because that would offend my girlfriend. Anyway one of those games he bought was Winning Eleven. Konami´s soccer game.

I fell in love with Winning Eleven and that was the reason I bought PlayStation 2 and 3. We organized a league and played it for years. Recently the game declined a lot and my PlayStation 3 is now mainly used by actual girlfriend to watch Netflix.

Winning Eleven eventually became Pro Evolution Soccer and is very promising this year. I´m going to be participating with the Latin American part of the game so I´m a bit excited about it. Just got an invite to the preview before the demo.

Pro Evolution Soccer 2015 and No Man´s Sky are the reason I´m going to get the PlayStation 4.

I found out about Senior Gamers because I´ve been involved with forums since 2004 and Martok is very involved in the forum software community that runs this forum. He is always helping others and I became curious about what he was doing over here so I visit frequently. Recently I stumbled upon a post here about No Man´s Sky, fell in love and I blame him and that post for tilting the balance in my decision process of getting a PlayStation.

Sorry about rambling too much got a bit carried away.

Extra points to whoever can tell me if it was Science Station Hermes or Hermmins. I can never tell just by listening to it. I´ve been thinking its Hermes, but recently read Hermmis somewhere. English is not my first language so it’s a bit difficult for me.

Sportsvee

Has a Fan....
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Greetings, welcome and hi.

Rambling are more than welcome, its when it turns to dribble that the newbies/fresh meat get upset due to being on clean up duties.

Didnt watch the clip sorry. It's 2:38am here and I don't want to wake up @Bloodfairy. But I can tell you that Hermes is the god of white lies or something like that. My first alas on a dial up bulletin board.

Now I'm rambling. So greetings and Hi :hi:

Slaine

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Hi mate, nice long post. Glad you decided to say hello. Shame you dont want to be a Senior, but thats cool. If you ever change your mind, you'd be more than welcome to join us. Always room for more.;)

c00ky

Good for target practice
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Hi and welcome!

rambling is actually a pre-requisite to get on here so your post is perfect!

Bogus4Real

Help with spellign, anyone!?
Senior Citizen
Reaction score

Sportsvee

Has a Fan....
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Wait. Your not Victor Von Doom are you, aka Dr Doom?

Have to check you understand before you take over the world.

zoob

I fight for the Users!
Senior Citizen
Reaction score

MF Doom FTW.

Skarpar

Regular Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Hello and welcome, looking forward to exploring no mans sky myself I shall try and find you while exploring ;)

Diablodes

Casual Gamer
Reaction score
Thank you all for the warm welcome.

Unluckily for the world, I´m not him.

Hello and welcome, looking forward to exploring no mans sky myself I shall try and find you while exploring ;)
That might be a good mission to begin with. I will find you and then I will kill you… Probably not, but I guess that is the manly thing to say.

I was hoping to get a PlayStation 4 today, but apparently PokerStars decided they needed some more time with my money. Hopefully I will get it this week.

I´m a bit exited because I got invited to the preview of the Pro Evoution Soccer demo tomorrow and I´ll get to play with it for 45 minutes. The demo comes out the 17th so hopefully the download will be on the new PlayStation 4.

Plaxinator

Wino extraordinaire
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Just to update I did fell to the dark side and ordered a PS4. I thought I was going to resist more.
I was going to try that, but ended up walking past a store that still had some on launch day and folded like a paper napkin.

EDIT - welcome by the way! Just realised I haven't said hello yet......

IamNumber6

It's not me, it's my brain!
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Just to update I did fell to the dark side and ordered a PS4. I thought I was going to resist more.
I cracked and turned to the dark side after the family went on holiday without me, wouldn't have found this place without it which was a bonus in the end

:woot: