• Welcome to Senior Gamers!

Senior Gamers [SNR] is a community for mature gamers aged 25+ years who primarily play on the PlayStation consoles.

We used this website from June 2012 until March 2020. Technology moved on during this time and we have now moved to Discord. If you are familiar with it already you'll know how quick and easy it is to use. If you haven't tried it yet, you really should!

You can browse this archived website to see what we posted over the years.

You can join us on Discord to see what we've posted more recently and to chat. Click on the link below to find us. We hope to see you there!

Senior Gamers Discord

Hello There

DOONY

Casual Gamer
Reaction score
I'm sure some of you guys might remember me from Xbox live lounge and the OAP forums but here's a brief snippet of my gaming history from my OAP introduction:

It all started .................... on my rubber keyed speccy, ( 3d Ant Attack, Sabre Wolf, Skool Daze etc. ) I took some time out from games for a bit until the arrival of the SNES ( Street Fighter 2 and Super Mario Land
) a few years later i got the N64 ( Goldeneye, more Mario
) and PS1. I played Track and field and the original Pro evo Soccer 'til the early hours. I remember my original PS2 which was purchased on release day!!!! ( sniff ) I had to get approval from Sony and allsorts to buy that bad boy. More Pro evo followed and socom battles online back in the day of beta testing, then my largest error ocurred. I purchased and Xbox and was a Live beta tester and fell into the trap of getting poor pc ports every bloody release.

On the current machine front i've had and XBox360 which was sold when I freaked out and had a Microsoft cull at home ( Bye Windows, bye Xbox ) and now currently use my Wii ( Metroid is ace and Mario arrived today ) and PS3. COD4 is currently my game of choice and i'm waiting for Konami to patch PES2008.
Anyway, since then I've been through all the popular games over the last few years (Uncharted, GOW, GTA, COD, Last of us etc.) The PS4 has grabbed my attention and I found myself wanting to be more involved online than over the previous years.

Righto, thats me then..............

Oh and during the week I'm an IT Consultant and not a Superhero, UFC Fighter or a vet :'(

Feel free to add me on PSN and XBL

PSN: DOONY
XBL: DO0ny

Last edited:

Plaxinator

Wino extraordinaire
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Hello! COD? So what's wrong with Battlefield then, hey? :)

What are you playing on the PS3 at the moment? I have both xbox and PS3, a few SNRs do, but PS3 seems to be the majority vote. Maybe i'll catch you about if you have a game I do!

DOONY

Casual Gamer
Reaction score
I'm sorry, missed that one :oops:COD for single player and Battlefield for Multiplayer sounds a bit better.

Personally I love Killzone 3 online I think it's ace, looking forward to Shadow Fall in a couple of weeks :D got Battlefield and Fifa pre ordered as well.

Plaxinator

Wino extraordinaire
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I'm sorry, missed that one :oops:COD for single player and Battlefield for Multiplayer sounds a bit better.

Personally I love Killzone 3 online I think it's ace, looking forward to Shadow Fall in a couple of weeks :D got Battlefield and Fifa pre ordered as well.
Very good, you have gone up in my estimation :D

HERMAN_JELMET

Meatbag
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Welcome Doony, I remember you from OAP, Aren't you from around Northampton way?

Martok

Board Game Addict
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Welcome to the site, @DOONY :)

I've not seen you around for ages, you seemed to disappear from the OAP site and I didn't see you online much. Did you take a break from gaming and then returned to it?

So, are you just looking at standard membership here or anything more? Take a look at the About Us section if you've not seen it already to help you decide.

There will be a few SNRs picking up the PS4 on launch. Killzone: Shadow Fall looks to be one of the popular games along with Battlefield 4, so you should be in good company.

In the meantime, have a look around the site, get involved some discussions and I hope to see you online soon, maybe on Killzone 3 if @Dogstar fancies setting up an event for this. :)

ChrissPeacock

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Welcome @DOONY, the kettles always on so make a brew, you may have to wash some mugs though as @Jkrohn1 is a dirty boy!

Jkrohn1

5P4M 80T
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
So are you getting the ps4 on release? What game do you intend on getting at release. I cant wait only a couple of weeks to go :)

Ill be getting KZ4 and BF4 along with Assassins Creed on release day then ill see where my wallet will take me/

Slaine

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Someone from the old country!! Welcome Doony.

And dont let anyone make you feel guilty for liking COD. I love it as a game series. Ive tried hating it, mainly because Bobby Kotick is an arse, but who am I kidding.

As for freaking out about Microsoft, I did the same myself when they announced all the drm nonsense. Thing is theyve continued to make gaff after gaff too.

Hope to see you online soon

zoob

I fight for the Users!
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Salutations squire!

We should get another KZ3 meet on before the PS4 drops...

Acegadgets

Not so serious gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Hi Doony,
Are you still an OAP?
Have you got GTA V?

DrewePeacock

May contain sarcasm
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Welcome to SNR @DOONY! See you on BF4 & Killzone: Shadow Fall soon! :gamer:

Spruijt

Real men wear clogs
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Hello and welcome Doony. Make yourself at homr while I fire some questions at your person:
1. Left or right?
2. Gouda or Roquefort?
3. Boobs or Bottom?
4. BF or Cod?
5. Standing up or sitting down?
I'll let you marinate on that for a while. See you online soon.

DOONY

Casual Gamer
Reaction score
Welcome to the site, @DOONY :)

I've not seen you around for ages, you seemed to disappear from the OAP site and I didn't see you online much. Did you take a break from gaming and then returned to it?

So, are you just looking at standard membership here or anything more? Take a look at the About Us section if you've not seen it already to help you decide.

There will be a few SNRs picking up the PS4 on launch. Killzone: Shadow Fall looks to be one of the popular games along with Battlefield 4, so you should be in good company.

In the meantime, have a look around the site, get involved some discussions and I hope to see you online soon, maybe on Killzone 3 if @Dogstar fancies setting up an event for this. :)
I started a new job and everyone there had Xbox 360's so I gave in and played Gears of War and the Halos and stuff for a while. After the console announcements I got back into the Playstation way of thinking again. I signed back up for PS plus (which is awesome) all the free games are filling up my HDD :) bought a Vita when I read about the remote play thing and thats about it really, now I'm just getting into some of my old games again. After playing The Last of Us I've pretty much dropped the Xbox and making my new purchases on the PS3, in the couple of years I switched to the dark side I managed to buy so many cheap games my collection is about 50/50 Xbox / PS3 so I can't let it go completely :'(

A Killzone event sounds cool, just need to fit it in around the missus :)

DOONY

Casual Gamer
Reaction score
So are you getting the ps4 on release? What game do you intend on getting at release. I cant wait only a couple of weeks to go :)

Ill be getting KZ4 and BF4 along with Assassins Creed on release day then ill see where my wallet will take me/
I'm kind of curious about all of them really, probably settle on KZ, BF4 & Fifa though. Somethings also telling me to look at NBA2K14 & Knack...............