• Welcome to Senior Gamers!

Senior Gamers [SNR] is a community for mature gamers aged 25+ years who primarily play on the PlayStation consoles.

We used this website from June 2012 until March 2020. Technology moved on during this time and we have now moved to Discord. If you are familiar with it already you'll know how quick and easy it is to use. If you haven't tried it yet, you really should!

You can browse this archived website to see what we posted over the years.

You can join us on Discord to see what we've posted more recently and to chat. Click on the link below to find us. We hope to see you there!

Senior Gamers Discord

Hello SNR

Pafkes

Wait for it
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Hi there,

My name is Bart (psn: Pafkes), 37 years and I live in Ostend - Belgium.

Finally I found a group of senior gamers (Google), and I would like to apply for a standard or full membership here.. It is hard to find gamers who are a bit older, so I think Senior gamers is my place to be.

I Started gaming on Atari 2600 and commodore 64, on to Sega master system and later on all models of Playstation. My first OL gaming experience was 'Hardware online arena' on PS2 and got addicted to online-gaming right away..

Nowadays, I mostly play BF4 on Ps4.

I look forward to meet other seniors in 'onlinegameland'

B.

Martok

Board Game Addict
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Welcome, @Pafkes :waving:

Glad that you found us by the power of the almighty Google. We are indeed a community of older gamers (some very old like @Acegadgets ;) ) where we like to play for fun, where skill doesn't matter and importantly where real life comes first.St

Regarding membership, it's up to you what you would like. For full membership (which gets you lots of extra goodies on the forums as well as the [SNR] tag to sport in online games) you'll need to play online with us using comms. That way we can chat and have a laugh, plus it makes it easier to communicate about objectives in games like BF4. Anyway, I'll chuck you a friends request when I'm next on (or you can add me, though notice I'm Martok- online).

Some others will no doubt be along shortly to poke you but I'll start the ball rolling with some questions:

1. How did you choose the PSN ID of Pafkes?
  2. Is that really you wearing a mask in your avatar?
  3. Apart from BF4, what other PS4 games have you played?
  4. Will you be getting Destiny? It looks like it may be a hit with the Seniors
  5. Tell us some moreabout other consoles and PCs you have played over the years, particularly any favourite games
I look forward to seeing you online soon. :)

Last edited:

Slaine

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Hi mate, glad you found us. Spent many an hour on Hardware Online Arena myself too. Ive sent you a Friends Request. Hope to join you for a game or two very soon.;)

Plaxinator

Wino extraordinaire
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Hey Bart nice to meet you. The main BF4 players are @ColSonders, @DrewePeacock and his boss @NitaNitro5, @c00ky and his kitchen cohort @Bloodfairy, @Bogus4Real and myself. I am sure either of us will be more than happy to cavort on the battlefield with you. There are usually a few of us on most evenings, just send one or more of us a friends request and if you see us on feel free to join and send us a message to say you're on your way and we'll invite you to the chat. I would say don't get in a vehicle with @NitaNitro5 she can't park, but @ColSonders can't stay upright on 2 wheels so definitely don't get on a dirt bike with him.
Hope to see you about!

Pafkes

Wait for it
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Hey Martok,

That's a quick reply!
Of course I'll play with comms, so I suppose I'll apply for full membership..

Mostly I play between 23hPM and 3h AM (for Britain that means between 22PM and 2AM).
As I am a Sound engineer I do a lot of touring, sometimes I can't come OL due to work. But when I'm at home, almost every night is gaming-night!

Q&A:

1. Pafkes is Flemish for 'small smokes' (this is my best translation) I love to smoke my 'small smoke' while gaming...
2. My avatar is snapshot from gtaV, but I wish I had a mask like that!
3. Other PS4 games played:
-Thief
-cod ghosts
-Destiny (beta)
-sniper elite
-watch dogs
-Wolfenstein
-Resogun
-dead nation
-blacklight
-NFS rivals
-outlast
4. Destiny is Preordered! (Digital guardian edition)
5. Atari 2600, commodore 64, Sega master system and Playstation(1,2,3 and 4). As my father was a mac-fan in the old days, we never had any PC at home.
6. Well, most fun I had with COD, BF and GTA's especially MW3, Black Ops, BF3 and GTA 4. When I became too slow for cod games, Battlefield3 was a big relief for me,
this was my first BF and I loved it. And of course Hardware online arena and Lost Planet were my introducers in online gaming and therefore pretty high ranked in my opinion.

More questions? shoot!

P.

Can someone tell me where to find a nice signature generator? tx!

Pafkes

Wait for it
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Hi mate, glad you found us. Spent many an hour on Hardware Online Arena myself too. Ive sent you a Friends Request. Hope to join you for a game or two very soon.;)
Hey Slaine,
thanks for the invite. I'll add you as soon I get online. :1thumbup:

Pafkes

Wait for it
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Hey Bart nice to meet you. The main BF4 players are @ColSonders, @DrewePeacock and his boss @NitaNitro5, @c00ky and his kitchen cohort @Bloodfairy, @Bogus4Real and myself. I am sure either of us will be more than happy to cavort on the battlefield with you. There are usually a few of us on most evenings, just send one or more of us a friends request and if you see us on feel free to join and send us a message to say you're on your way and we'll invite you to the chat. I would say don't get in a vehicle with @NitaNitro5 she can't park, but @ColSonders can't stay upright on 2 wheels so definitely don't get on a dirt bike with him.
Hope to see you about!
Ha! I'm a terrible driver myself and you surely do not want me as your pilot! My shoes are my trusty transporters..
Mostly I play conquests, and have Premium account.
Thanks for the invite, I will send a friend request (or two) today!

NVranya

Oi! Who stole my pretty green letters?
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Tiet veur un pafke! (Not sure you know that in Belgium)
Anyway, welcome and I'll see you in Destiny.

As for sigs, don't both BF as PSN have those? Although you can always throw something together yourself ofc.

Pafkes

Wait for it
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Tiet veur un pafke! (Not sure you know that in Belgium)
Anyway, welcome and I'll see you in Destiny.

As for sigs, don't both BF as PSN have those? Although you can always throw something together yourself ofc.
cheers NVranya,

I know the words.. 'time for a smoke' it means. Strangest thing is, it is written in a dialect.
Thanks for the welcome and sigs tips.
see you on Destiny's fields!

NitaNitro5

Gypsy
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Welcome Bart!
I'm really busy so I'll be AWOL 'til later in the week but hopefully see you in the Battlefield then!
NNx
P.S. My driving and parking are truly special. I look forward to killing you by accident. :)

Spruijt

Real men wear clogs
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Alez, bonjour @Pafkes and welcome to SNR. Being a Dutchy I could spam this thread with all kinds of jokes about Belgium, but I'm sure you have heard them all already. As I've heard the ones about us ;)

Make yourself at home and hopefully we'll see each other online soon

Bogus4Real

Help with spellign, anyone!?
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Welcome to the Seniors! Send me an FR and we can roam the Battlefield together with the rest of the gang!

c00ky

Good for target practice
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Hiya @Pafkes will send you a FR, hope tio hook up with you as I am a late night BF4er as I have to wait until wife and the kids are asleep before I can unleash mediocre BF4 ninja abilities!

Pafkes

Wait for it
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Hiya @Pafkes will send you a FR, hope tio hook up with you as I am a late night BF4er as I have to wait until wife and the kids are asleep before I can unleash mediocre BF4 ninja abilities!
hey @c00ky , FR accepted, thanks. I hope we meet soon on the field, feel free to send game-invites! Mediocre, good description of my play-style, as well I'm afraid. But I am excellent canon fodder!

Pafkes

Wait for it
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Alez, bonjour @Pafkes and welcome to SNR. Being a Dutchy I could spam this thread with all kinds of jokes about Belgium, but I'm sure you have heard them all already. As I've heard the ones about us ;)

Make yourself at home and hopefully we'll see each other online soon
hoi @Spruijt !
Yeah, let's avoid the Holland-Belgium witticisms :ok:
Tanks for the welcome and we'll meet on the field soon!

Pafkes

Wait for it
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Welcome Bart!
I'm really busy so I'll be AWOL 'til later in the week but hopefully see you in the Battlefield then!
NNx
P.S. My driving and parking are truly special. I look forward to killing you by accident. :)
Thanks @NitaNitro5 ! I'll be working abroad from 15aug till 22aug, so no Battlefield for me. Back on 23aug!
If I notice you are in the opposite team, I'll pay extreme attention to close-by vehicles!

Skarpar

Regular Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Hi and welcome. Not a BF4 player myself (warframe ftw ;)) but I shall be seeing you on Destiny come 9th sept

Pafkes

Wait for it
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Hi and welcome. Not a BF4 player myself (warframe ftw ;)) but I shall be seeing you on Destiny come 9th sept
hi @Skarpar , No warframe here I'm afraid but I guess Destiny will be the gathering most SNR members? looking forward to it!